It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muahahaha! Ferguson judge withdraws all arrest warrants before 2015! "BLM" FTW?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:22 AM
link   
This judge just lowered the crime rate in ferguson by 80%.......lol

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If "black lives matter", why do they kill each other so much?

lol

So it seems some blacks want to be part of a civilized society but without following any of its rules. That is the general theme of all this BLM stuff. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

And none of them tryout to be police officers, or fail the standardized tests, and then b*tch endlessly how all police officers are white and how they patrol crime heavy neighborhoods more (well duh).

If you're black and don't like it in America, then go to Africa. Think you'll fair better there and enjoy yourself?

Didn't think so.

And let's not forget something. The BLM is a Soros pet project. He funds the "movement" and wants it to spread chaos. So don't be his useful idiot. Don't be his SLAVE, my friend.

- law-abiding black dude who has never had a problem with the law.
edit on 8/25/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I apologize if this comes across harsh, intolerant or whatever. The insomnia made me do it

the MAJORITY of the population in an area, has been receiving the MAJORITY of the petty violations.
The same majority that was issued those tickets and violations have been skipping/missing court dates and fines, which is creating bench warrants.
If those same people, now with warrants get pulled over they're going to be in deep doo doo because the cop sees a warrant. What COULD have been a small ticket or warning just became a bigger deal, creating more court related issues, and the judge is just going to toss them out?

Is that what's going on?

But......

There's also an investigation over racism in these matters.

OK....
67% population is black, 33% white, so 2/3 population is black, 1/3 white correct?
There was this example

"between 2012 and 2014, black drivers were twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during traffic stops, but 26% less likely to be found in possession of contraband."

So we have three cars, one driven by a white guy, two driven by black guys.
Let's say that there was no racism involved, none. Those three cars were pulled over. If any one of those drivers had missed a court date or didn't pay a fine. It's probably going to send up a red flag to the officer. That officer would more than likely search that car. In a city where seven out of ten people are one race, it doesnt matter what race is the majority. Odds are that they would have had more violations, if those violations are not taken care of, then there are other consequences. That goes for any race.

The point of my rambling us that it isn't always racism, I'm also not saying that it couldn't be part of it. Sometimes it's just a numbers game.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Something people should be aware of when it comes to Missouri and how racial profiling is reported. As with any state, anytime a police officer conducts a traffic stop we are required to submit a racial profiling card.

If I stop 10 white people, 1 black person and one Asian person and issue 5 citations to white people, 1 citation to a black person and no citations to an Asian this is how its reported by the state -

50% of white people are issued citations, 100% of black people are issued citations and 0% of Asians are issued citations. The stats don't get reported as combined stats and as a result its very easy to see a racial profiling issue when one does not necessarily exist.

As an example the City of Springfield MO had what appeared to be a disproportionate number of citations issued to blacks. The city sat down with the NAACP and some other civil groups and explained how reporting works, how their computer software is used to help determine patrol zones, crime reporting etc. In the end it was determined the way stats are reported caused an appearance of racial profiling when none existed. They consistently communicate with interests groups to ensure everyone is on the same page. The Chief sets aside a few hours each week, randomly picking a restaurant and meeting with anyone who stops by and wants to talk about what's going on in the city.

As for funding from punishment -
A town in Missouri, called Macks Creek, was collecting roughly 85% of their total funding from traffic citations. As a result Missouri passed a law stating that funding cannot exceed 45% of fines collected. 15% +/- is actually low / average when compared to other cities in the region and state.

As for the dismissal prior to 2015 it makes sense. There is no way you could go back and review every single case and decide who was treated fairly and who was not, let alone be able to justify those results to the community. The sensible result would be to clear them all and start fresh, so to speak.

If a person misses a court appearance a show cause order is issued. If they show up and are fined and a pay schedule is established, and they miss a payment, a warrant can be issued for failure to pay.

Law Enforcement has nothing to do with the laws or the punishment assigned to those laws. The courts are the ones who decide punishment and fine.

Finally, and this is where people will call me racist -
If the city is made up of 67% African American then maybe they should get off their asses and vote / participate in the system instead of just constantly bitching. Maybe they should look for blacks who are qualified to hold the positions in question, from Chief of Police, to judges etc etc..

I am sick and tired of hearing blacks bitch yet do absolutely nothing beyond it. I am sick of the media intentionally creating misleading scenarios in order to stoke the problem to the point of negative consequences. I am sick of people who bitch about the law yet don't bother to take the time to educate themselves about it.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

I am sick and tired of hearing blacks bitch yet do absolutely nothing beyond it. I am sick of the media intentionally creating misleading scenarios in order to stoke the problem to the point of negative consequences. I am sick of people who bitch about the law yet don't bother to take the time to educate themselves about it.

Really now? You do realize the whole reason these things are being exposed is because black people are actually doing something about it, right? And the judge who just withdrew these frivolous lawsuits is a black guy too. so where does he fit into your rant?

And how is the media creating a misleading story about this? The Ferguson courts, police, and county officials have been repeatedly caught doing this crap, yet you're blaming the black people for it? Literally blaming the victims? We had to deal with harassment from law enforcement & the judicial system during the slave days (particularly from Slave Patrols); then during the Black Codes after the Civil War; then during the 90+year period of Jim Crow laws/Segregation period; and onto the present day. Yet somehow it's the media that's misleading about this issue?

Though I admit, I'm surprised by your post. I've seen your posts from time to time & thought you were a different type of person. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: RainyState

The point of my rambling us that it isn't always racism, I'm also not saying that it couldn't be part of it. Sometimes it's just a numbers game.

Nope. In this case, it's definitely racism. You should read the Department of Justice's report on the Ferguson Police Dept. Here's two quotes from the summary page on the Justice Dept's page for it:

It found that the combination of Ferguson’s focus on generating revenue over public safety, along with racial bias, has a profound effect on the FPD’s police and court practices, resulting in conduct that routinely violates the Constitution and federal law. The department also found that these patterns created a lack of trust between the FPD and significant portions of Ferguson’s residents, especially African Americans.

The department found a pattern or practice of racial bias in both the FPD and municipal court:

The harms of Ferguson’s police and court practices are borne disproportionately by African Americans and that this disproportionate impact is avoidable.

Ferguson’s harmful court and police practices are due, at least in part, to intentional discrimination, as demonstrated by direct evidence of racial bias and stereotyping about African Americans by certain Ferguson police and municipal court officials.

Justice Department Announces Findings of Two Civil Rights Investigations in Ferguson, Missouri

And here's the pdf for the report itself:
www.justice.gov...

edit on 25-8-2015 by enlightenedservant because: ooops. linked to the michael brown investigation's pdf not the ferg cop investigation. they're on the same page but whatever. not like anyone's going to actually read this. so whatever. BLM FTW

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Nothing is worse than people who have no understanding of statistics and then try to use said statistic to prove a point. The DOJ report has been deconstructed many times to show that the statistics simply do not imply any kind of racism.

Remember, this is the same DOJ that has been pushing "disparate impact". What is disparate impact? It basically is when statistics show that some group might be affected in greater numbers, but they cannot make any kind of logical conclusion of intentional targeting.

Here is a good article that deconstructs the DOJ report. Essentially, it boils down to blacks committing more offenses than whites. Even the DOJs, NHTA, and other organizations studies show this to be true.

"Holder's own department statistics show that African Americans, on average, violate speeding and other traffic laws at much greater rates than whites. The Justice Department's research arm, the National Institute of Justice, explains that differences in traffic stops can simply be attributed to "differences in offending."

news.investors.com...

The only thing good that comes out of this report is that it highlights the propensity of police forces to be revenue generating arms for local governments. Red light cameras, speed traps, etc.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Another example is "between 2012 and 2014, black drivers were twice as likely as white drivers to be searched during traffic stops, but 26% less likely to be found in possession of contraband."

Going by that logic, the white citizens would've been targeted more.

You have to have probable cause to search someone's car. It stands to reason that if more black folks have warrants out for their arrest when pulled over, then more black folks are going to get their cars searched.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   

No they are not being done because of that. If they were being done we would not have the issues we see in Ferguson now would we? Only after did the community go bonkers, after citizens lied about what they witnessed and then perjured themselves during grand jury testimony, and after they decided to riot even though the officer broke no laws.

I am done with hearing people bitch that "its always been like this" when they have failed to take any proactive steps to change it.

People need to stop playing the victim card and get involved. The media needs to stop playing the victim card in order to create the news. The media should report the facts and not just the information they know will cause issues.

As for your last comment shove it. You are doing the very thing I just pointed out. Not knowing the law or getting involved yet wanting to bitch and play the victim card while trying to portray me as something I'm not.

If you cannot see any of what I am talking about then the problem is larger than I thought.

Get involved.... be heard... know the law...

You cant fix something if you don't know what specifically is broken now can you?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheLegend

lol

Why do whites kill each other so much?

So it seems some blacks want to be part of a civilized society but without following any of its rules. That is the general theme of all this BLM stuff. They want to have their cake and eat it too.

Prove it and I'll mail you a 6 pack of your choice, scouts honor.

And none of them tryout to be police officers, or fail the standardized tests, and then b*tch endlessly how all police officers are white and how they patrol crime heavy neighborhoods more (well duh).

NWA F*** THE POLICE.
^
That mentality
+
Racial Profiling (You're disqualified permanently fro being an officer of the law here if you have a criminal record, im sure its like this in other places)
+
Lack of any type of positive role model that looks like them
+
Some white people being terrified of blacks having equality
=
Lack of black police officers.

If you're black and don't like it in America, then go to Africa. Think you'll fair better there and enjoy yourself?

Nope.

And let's not forget something. The BLM is a Soros pet project. He funds the "movement" and wants it to spread chaos. So don't be his useful idiot. Don't be his SLAVE, my friend.

I wouldn't be surprised, it is pretty simple to manipulate idiots.

- law-abiding black dude who has never had a problem with the law.

-law-abiding black citizen that has served `his` country, who's NEVER broken the law ( I lied, I drive like a mad man, but no laws broken until I get caught) , yet who's been arrested 3 times for...looking like someone that has, or may have, or could have. Who #ing knows. (Black guy walking with three white girls? Oh #!!! He must be a pimp! Detain his ass! )

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Going by that logic, the white citizens would've been targeted more.

Might I raise the point that the majority of police react to things that are either illegal, suspicious, or reported to them.

"Targeting," as you're implying, isn't exactly what they're prone to do because that implies that they are generally proactive, when in truth, police are reactive. That's not to say it doesn't happen, but it's not the standard M.O. of any LEOs that I know, and I do know a few.

No offense, but what this judge appears to have done is lowered the judicial bar to accommodate the least common denominators in that society. People--all people--should be expected to act like adults and do the right thing. Adults should get one chance to answer for their crimes, and if doing so is not a high enough priority in their life, they should be fined, not given a second chance to show up (unless, of course, there's a very good reason that can be proven).

I'm tired of American society catering to those who expect participation trophies at every turn. I'm not saying that there isn't some bad stuff happening in Ferguson by police, but Mike Brown's and Tyrone Harris' interactions had nothing to do with racist police brutality, they were kids that got themselves shot because of their actions. I don't exactly think that community's judicial system needs to be overturned because of that.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tsubaki

Strawman argument...white people aren't walking around with WhiteLivesMatter printed on t-shirts and then only protest when they're killed by another race. While I have seen some BLM people protesting black-on-black murders, they are very few and far between, and there's not nearly the national outrage that there should be.

But honestly, the answer to your question is that people kill other people because they have no respect for human life--it's something that seems to be less and less ingrained into our children, and each generation seems to have less of it as they "mature."

Same goes for respect--there is an expectation of respect when none or very little is given in return. Life doesn't work that way, and many people who claim "police brutality" are learning that the hard way. I'm not dismissing LEOs who have no "military bearing," as it was called in the Army, but when you constantly poke a human being, eventually they poke back, whether it's appropriate or not.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
No matter who he was or what he had done, the fact remains an unarmed teenager was killed in the street. It's NOT okay. Not ever.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
No matter who he was or what he had done, the fact remains an unarmed teenager was killed in the street. It's NOT okay. Not ever.

Wrong... Mike Brown was responsible for his own death. PERIOD. You cannot assault a police officer and expect it to end well. It as tragic he was killed, but he absolutely brought it upon himself.

The lack of personal responsibility is just astounding.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I am sorry, but this is just plain dumb. Do you mind commenting on this:

It's a pretty good read, where is the uproar?

Your faux outrage is hilarious.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
If their goal was an even more lawless Ferguson, then yes..."BLM FTW."

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

From wikipedia:

A straw man is a common form of argument and is an informal fallacy based on giving the impression of refuting an opponent's argument, while actually refuting an argument which was not advanced by that opponent

He said:

Let me translate his question for you:

If black lives matter so much, why don't they matter enough to stop killing one another?

I responded:

Where's the straw man? Because I answered his question with another question?
Is it not understood that the answer to both questions are the same?

It's pretty clear.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Tsubaki

Why would there be any outrage over white people killing each other? Your retort doesn't even make sense. They don't kill each other at even remotely the same rate as blacks. The white murder rate isn't even in the same ball park on a per capita basis.

These BLM minstrels can't even point to 5 legitimate cases of where black men have been obviously gunned down with no provocation.

This is why people don't take BLM seriously. You have several thousand black's killed every year yet they want to focus on a handful of tragic accidents that aren't even statistically relevant.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Rather intentionally or not, you've missed the point entirely.
321 we're done her sir/ma'am.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: iDope

Go figure the newly appointed judge in this case (June) is a black man.

*sarcasm* - but it has *nothing* to do with Race!! *rolls eyes so hard, head looks like a Vegas slot machine*

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join