It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama gives Joe Biden 'blessing' for 2016 bid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

Biden is most definitely NOT a Dan Quayle either.

But he could become San Quintin quail soon.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies

originally posted by: Metallicus
Biden = Dan Qualye.

What an unqualified buffoon he is, but I can see why Obama wants him to run. I can't think of anyone else that has a chance to be worse than Obama and potentially make Obama look better.

The buffoon Biden has been perpetrated by the media. Biden is a serious guy with a wide range of support in Washington.

If you look at Joe Biden's record, he's one of the most accomplished politicians in Washington, with a positive record for DECADES.

He has a long record of working with people on both sides of the aisle to pass big laws, and would have support from both sides if he runs for President. He would be a centrist President that doesn't have to rely on rhetoric, and would be a formidable opponent for Hillary. She has good reason to be worried if he runs.

Biden is most definitely NOT a Dan Quayle either. He has worked tirelessly behind the scenes in the Obama Administration and is very, very widely respected on Capitol Hill, among politicians of all political leanings.

Right, he's so great that he consistently polled horribly in 2008. He also ran for president in 1988 and failed.

Biden is the Mitt Romney of the Democratic Party... he's the fallback guy because they can't come up with a better option.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Why does Joe need Obama's blessing? Obama is done in 2017. He leaves office. Period. Giving his blessing to Biden is kind of a waste, as it counts as a pseudo endorsement. And Joe simply isn't special enough for the base that Obama fostered, anyway. We need the next big 'first'. Not the next old white guy that just echoes the ideas of the dude he served under.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
Right, he's so great that he consistently polled horribly in 2008. He also ran for president in 1988 and failed.

Biden is the Mitt Romney of the Democratic Party... he's the fallback guy because they can't come up with a better option.

He's not very popular, but a campaign could change that. On the other hand, financially he's nearly as clean as Bernie Sanders, and pretty much everyone in DC knows he's the sort of person that can get things done. He's very good at being a politician.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
Why does Joe need Obama's blessing? Obama is done in 2017. He leaves office. Period. Giving his blessing to Biden is kind of a waste, as it counts as a pseudo endorsement. And Joe simply isn't special enough for the base that Obama fostered, anyway. We need the next big 'first'. Not the next old white guy that just echoes the ideas of the dude he served under.

So a candidate's qualifications mean nothing, as long as they're another "first"?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Well, that's where the politics seem to lead, at least. I'm personally not terribly impressed with Biden's qualifications to be honest. He's kind of a one-man sound byte machine for the Right, for one. Secondly, he is really more of a mirror or others' ideals than a standout with his own. There's better options out there.
And I was saying that bit about being a 'first' just to make sure people are still thinking for themselves. I'm glad you are.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
It is pretty obvious the Democrat bench is weak. Behind the scenes, the DNC is panicking as Hillary continues to implode with her legal problems. They really haven't groomed anyone else.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Has anyone noticed that this speculation about the discussion behind closed doors with Biden and both Warren and Obama fits the definition of a conspiracy? Politicians routinely discuss politics behind closed doors and the media refuses to cover real grassroots candidates effectively rigging the elections so that only those that they approve can be considered by the masses.

I went into this more in Media Conspiracy Theories and Propaganda about Joe Biden and Elizabeth Warren where I explained how the media repeats propaganda or stereotypes about things like conspiracy theories and terrorism over and over again without mentioning the definitions which aren't applied consistently.

A truly scientific or rational skeptic would think it is a good idea to apply definitions consistently.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join