It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Range Strike Bomber News: Multiple Sources Reporting Northrop Grumman has won the Contract

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

That's true it's a JV.

Didn't realize that LM was the lead.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

It originally was Boeing/Lockheed in a 60/40 split, but it's become more Lockheed designing and Boeing providing production.

Although I'd love to see what he thinks about every program since the B-2 if he thinks the tanker development is atrocious.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

The NG birds "issues" haven't been issues for quite some time now... :-) Anybody tells you otherwise is woefully uninformed, or otherwise FOS...Both entrants are superb flying machines...

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: EBJet

The NG birds "issues" haven't been issues for quite some time now... :-) Anybody tells you otherwise is woefully uninformed, or otherwise FOS...Both entrants are superb flying machines...

So have you seen them???

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: EBJet
Do you think the same level of technology for both ?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 03:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: EBJet

Can you give any more info on this? How long has it not been an issue, how informed are you, and as FORENSICK said, have you seen them to know they are superb flying machines.
Are you privvy to inside info or just putting scraps of info together like most of us, just asking

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

If I was wanting to be locked up for a long time, I could tell you a bunch about one of the entries, (not so much about the other) but since I don't, I won't..
Technology levels are similar, if for no other reason than them having to meet requirements for the proposal.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Interesting.

Out of curiosity. where you work is there Nice Granite?
Or do they have Lemon Meringue / Berries?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

That's good they were able to get that sorted out but can you say that it didn't hurt their overall status in the competition? Did the other entry have any issues similar that grounded their bird?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:30 AM
link   
IF NG gets it.. god help us.
They did do the B2 Sprit... remember.
What a cost over run and bug plagued deal that was, over $ 2 Billion per unit back in 1997.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

In all fairness if the DoD cuts this order down to just a hand full, these will end up costing as much as the B2 as well.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

The biggest part of the cost overrun of every stealth aircraft has been Congress looking at the cost and slashing the order. If they had ordered the number the Air Force wanted the cost would have been significantly lower. Same with the F-22.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I am still gonna stay with Lockheed?

Only last week i was considering getting into NG, but didnt! I guess i should've.... but would you say staying with LM is the right move, if NG dont pull through?

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: combatmaster

Yes. LM has several interesting things going on and coming up for future competitions.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Especially if you are on any kind of TEP or work with the SSA on this procurement...

I've seen people get into serious trouble for much lower visibility / dollar procurements after spilling the beans on what seeNed like mundane, every day procurements.

Who's actually going to be signing this main contract award?

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
People aren't going to be super excited when everything comes to light...I think more let down than anything....all this anticipation for that??

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeOwnTheNight
People aren't going to be super excited when everything comes to light...I think more let down than anything....all this anticipation for that??

Care to explain?

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I just hope the losing bidder's prototypes have a better fate than this...

www.thewordofmatus.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

I know of worse fates.

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Borys

hah! at least its still in one piece!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join