It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long Range Strike Bomber News: Multiple Sources Reporting Northrop Grumman has won the Contract

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

I have said what I said, and that's all I'll say.
edit on 8/27/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

i follow. i see what you did there zaph.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Maybe one day we can all sit down and have a family reunion then. Don't forget your nametags...

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Wait, what? Dammit, that went straight over my head. No wonder I can't work things out

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

i follow. i see what you did there zaph.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

You get the inscrutable award Zaph.

edit on 27-8-2015 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

There is enough information just in this forum to keep people busy for a year putting things together.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Probably more than that.

There's a lot of very cool things to read on here.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Oh I'm leaning towards a couple years. More if you track down everything around in other forums too.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   

that sphinx in no way resembles zaphod. first of all zaphod is like 5'2", asian, and is completly incapable of growing facial hair and listens to an unusual amount of Bob seger. i know this cause i stowed away in the undercarriage of his truck once and got a good look. i might still be there.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   

That's what that thud and scream was. I always wondered about that. If I had known it was you I would have backed up. A couple times.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

you didn't think something was up when your dogs came back with a size 8 tennis shoe. ... twice?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

With all the other crap we see out here, not really.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

ok zaph truth time , you've been eating bean burritos again a lot lately. or is that one of the dogs. i only know what my nose knows.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

That would be the dog. He's been able to clear this truck from the time he was little.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

have you considered switching to dry food? also, it would be a help if from time to time you didn't immediately throw out your left overs. but simply left them in a bag on the ground during rest stops . preferably just behind the trailer hitch.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

So that was you in the last scene of "Big Trouble in Little China"?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

yeah I've cleaned up a bit and shaved. still have the long hair. couldn't do anything to fix that one lazy eye or my teeth. still got the same reaction from the ladies. that couldn't be helped.

so if I'm the yaren. and zaphs jack. i say bedlam is egg chen. a0 is lopan. so which one are you. Wang chi, Jack's buddy.

(bedlam throws magic bomb at me)
"You will come out no more!!!!"

(zaph) "what?!? what will come out no more!?!"

seriously though that is my all time favorite movie
edit on 27-8-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Just saw an interesting article.

The article goes on to say that Boeing's performance on the tanker could cost them the bomber contract.

Mark Bobbi, an aerospace, defense and security analyst at consultancy IHS, says that he's always expected Northrop to win the award and that he sees Boeing's "atrocious performance" with building the tanker as affecting its score.

The tanker problems "clearly show a total disconnect of Boeing military and commercial program processes. ... The risk to the Air Force is too great for them to select the Boeing/Lockheed team," he told IBD in an email.

Read More At Investor's Business Daily: news.investors.com...
Follow us: @IBDinvestors on Twitter | InvestorsBusinessDaily on Facebook

What do you think? BS?

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Most likely. LM will most likely take the lead manufacturing roll and Boeing just threw major higher level management clout and capital at getting the -46 back on track.
The two of them combined should still have the larger capacity to produce the birds in quantity the AF wants, on the time line the AF wants and still be able to keep costs down as long as the the DoD doesn't cut the order to just a few articles.
Plus if NG is still working on their bird's issue, LM's will be the more mature, production ready airframe.
edit on 27-8-2015 by Sammamishman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Yes, because Boeing isn't the lead, Lockheed is. Yes the tanker might hurt them, but it's not any worse of a program than anything else has been in the last 10-15 years and better than some.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join