It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel the real bully in The Karate kid?.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
That video was too funny!

I always liked Karate Kid, mostly because he moved awkwardly enough that he actually fought like a kid who just took a karate class to get him through the summer holidays and knew about 3 moves none of which he was very proficient at. Is that gritty realism or some kind of method acting? I don't know but it worked.

Saw the remake recently with Will Smith's kid and they turned him into a super saiyan otherworldly ninja of badassery. Didn't like it at all.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

You dropped this.

Oh and boymonkey... Daniel's the hero

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   

The Off-topic and Entertainment forums have always been considered differently and the posting rules a bit more relaxed than the more Hard topic forums. I wouldn't expect to see the Old Standards really being applied to them.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:06 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh I showed them the fear and the pain.....
One lad in particular I broke his solar plexus and then I got whipped by my Sensi with his black belt because he knew it was no mistake.
They kinda ruined the club because they brought violence into it and it brought out my anger.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:40 AM
link   

There is absolutely nothing wrong with his opening post, posts like this are not what the rule was trying to stop..use some wit.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Ali with an I wasn't worth fighting over anyway. Daniel son could do much better for himself, especially after kicking everyone's ass.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

She sort of looked like a thirty year old playing a teenager.
I agree not my cup of Tea also.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
One lad in particular I broke his solar plexus and then I got whipped by my Sensi with his black belt because he knew it was no mistake.

Strike first. Strike hard. No mercy Monkey.

edit on 25-8-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
It actually looks like the battle of the alphas territory being encroached upon by a new kid looking to take over. Daniel-son didn't look
Like a kid trying to survive but a kid trying to dominate.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
lol that was awesome! You have to admit he does make some good points too!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
That was funny man

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

this is genius!!!!!

star and flag!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I found the video hilarious. Is is satire?
But OK let me get on point.

With the volume turned down to silent, it would be easier, like the opinionated narrator, to think that that the characters are not what we thought. There are a few flaws in his message however.

On the beach the girl kicks the ball away from Daniel so that he will not be present when Johnny be bad arrives because she views Daniel and someone who is special and too weak to deal with "the man".

So Daniel, who sees his object of desire being treated badly, does what a gentleman would do... protect his girl. He of course fails miserably.

Now Daniel is the child of a single mother from jersey, so he must be someone who talks tough because she talks tough and he is raised with a mouth - as that brings more realism to the character. But it is also a dichotomy of persona which gives us a complex character. Additionally Daniel is also an emotional person instead of a true jock - this is likely accomplished by having his parent as being a female instead of male, so he must imitate his protector to a point (being an emotional person who was poor growing up, being mouthy and cocky with words, but weak in body). This may sound cliche or misogynistic but if Daniel had a father instead of a mother the story would be much less believable.

With Daniel being emotional, he lets his emotions run away and he becomes scared of the boys to the point he feels worthless and afraid, and is unable to stand up for himself. This is that the opinionated narrator missed.

In his scared state, with a high from a meeting with his lover, and the fact that he was in costume, he thought he could get away with making his love interest's boyfriend get embarrassed, so he goes undercover and attacks - this was clearly ego driven and is the trigger which propels the storyline for how he can win in a good way.

Mr Karate master observes Daniel's emotional state as perceives that Daniel can be a good boy, and realizes the danger Daniel faces, and so Karate man takes it upon himself to be Daniel's father and mentor.

Daniel is still his mother's child from Jersey, so must mouth off, but only does so in front of said love interest because that is part of his personality. But being alone he is still scared.

So we go through Daniel's transformation and see that true to his character, he learns to kick ass by following the teachings of the polar opposite of his mother's. Daniel learns through emotion and becomes a balanced individual. In the end Daniel overcomes great odds.

Daniel did not pick fight on the soccer field as the boy clearly tripped him on purpose, and Daniel was emotional because his female love interest was there and he believed he was being perceived by her as a loser.

But I digress. The video is hilarious!

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   
These argmuents are the kind of garbage are country has desolved into.This country has turned into a divided mess and stupid arguments over anything.
The movie is entertainment anyways and a kid being bullied and rising to the top and defending a woman He fell in love with.ALL it is and you people turn it into some bizarre politcal fantasy land.
edit on 28-8-2015 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Relax dudeeee. Its all in good fun and nobody really thinks Daniel is the bully.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Jobeycool

Some dont get satire do they?.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join