It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Daniel the real bully in The Karate kid?.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:04 PM
link   
The guy does make a good point I don't think I will see the film in the same light again.

Demon sorcerer lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I hate you for posting that. As if the remake didn't ruin it enough. I hope you are happy. You succeeded in making a girl cry.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Is this for real?
Seems to me like a test on manipulation and political correctness.
I mean, the choice of words, the tone of the voice, the obvious favor of one "teenager" against the other "troubled and violent" one, the reference to some problematic past to instill the idea of blame right from the start... Anyone else noticed it?

Nah, I don't buy it and I didn't even liked the movie very much. Sounds suspiciously similar with today's news reports, telling you exactly what to think about a given subject but in such an "innocent" way.

Watch it again and pay attention this time in how many ways you are being induced an opinion. The spell will break...lol
Just my opinion, of course.
edit on 24-8-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: WhiteHat

Its satire, lighten up. Not everything around here is a conspiracy you know...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Perhaps you missed this new, or rather old, change of forum rules.

Here is a snippet from SkeptikOverlord in that thread.

NOTICE: AboveTopSecret.com management is now enforcing new standards for the opening posts of threads.

Opening posts that contain minimal content, links with little or no explanation, YouTube videos with no commentary, images with little or no commentary, and similar nominal content may be removed without warning or explanation. If your topic is important to you, make sure you explain why, with links and supporting material so that our members may offer more relevant contributions, and ultimately, better threads. In fact, if you have less to say than this simple notice, then you probably do not have enough to start a new thread. Thank you for your assistance in helping to create great threads on ATS.

When you click this form-field, this message will disappear.

Here is the thread.

IMPORTANT: New (old) Standards Are Being Enforced (again) For New Threads

Maybe you missed it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: boncho

This why I asked if it's for real, you cannot always know.
Well then, the world is back in order lol

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

Dude it's in the movie forum.
Also a bit of fun.
Or should I rabbit on just to waste peoples time?.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   

To be absolutely honest, although the points made are hilarious in and of themselves, and delivered in a dry style that I, being a British gentleman, find very amusing indeed, there are counters to all of them.

I would say the most obvious and all encompassing argument against the portrayal of Daniel as the bully, would be when his nemesis is refusing to back off from the conversation with the female lead in the film. At this point, the viewer, assuming they are of sound moral construction, will have correctly reached the conclusion that the dweeb needed his face kicking in from the beginning of the movie, simply for being an ungentlemanly, self obsessed, ego driven little streak of crud. Further evidence of this guys douchery is his not having the wit to do something more impressive with his time, than behave like a chump in the false belief that his martial skill, and the fact that he always ran with what children these days refer to as a "crew", would save him from ever taking responsibility for his actions.

It also has to be said that for all that it is a very well liked movie, the scripting was the most vapid and dull that I have ever encountered in all of my movie viewing days, apart from that to be found in "The Room", which is easily the worst movie ever made, and stars the worst actors ever recorded for entertainment purposes.

The best thing about Karate Kid, is that its a little dude, taking on an uber jock, and winning, and everyone needs to see that, because there is nothing more aggravating and potentially dangerous to society than a stuffed shirt who needs his buddies around him to give someone a proper beating. They tend to have ego problems that go on till next month, and do not mind who they inflict them on along the way.

And for what its worth, Daniel was restrained in his torment of his nemesis. None of his pranks caused serious physical injury, they were just annoying. Actual bullying however, and this is something I have been on the receiving end of, is rarely simply psychological. Bullies enjoy having power over their victims, because they have sociopathic or psychosexual issues in most cases, and there are few sorts of power more potent than being able to damage a person without their being able to do the same to you. Daniel HAD to educate his nemesis on what it feels like to be the one on the end of a kick, rather than the one delivering, and I respect his efforts in doing so, even if his hair was awful and the script was bad, and the plot had him doing all manner of crazy stuff.

My angle though, is that it was all a bit convoluted, and nothing solves a bullying problem like a bag over the head and a golf club to the shins.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Wow. ATS you out did yourselves. In one funny light hearted thread we have 4 replies. One in which ,thought that someone was actually trying to re-write cinematic history and was involved in revisionist conspiracy. And in another some little nancy got his panties in a wad and resorted to posting rules (I guess we are lucky we didn't get a random diatribe on "Your,You're, and Yer").

The replies alone are better than the actually comical OP video.

edit on 24-8-2015 by YeahYea4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

I hated the movie at the time I was an actual Karate kid and had been for 6 years and then we get loads of cocky little #s joining my Dojo thinking they were Bruce Lee or The Karate kid.
Most just wanting to know how to hurt someone..
It was a big mistake at school for me showing people I did and taught Karate I had everyone wanting to fight but I didn't not once well flipping a 6th former who was running at me didn't count lol.
I hate bullys and have met a couple from school and they # themselves now and say how sorry they are.

But back to the video...

It's always good seeing little guy beats big guy tale because everyone is the little guy at one point or another

BTW us British ATS member have to meet up one day and get drunk.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
a reply to: YeahYea4

I visited some "serious" forums before, they were throwing stones at each other.
At least here we made you smile...

edit on 24-8-2015 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

I whole heartedly agree with everything you just said.

Booze, Brits, and shooting the .. You get my drift!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
holy lol

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

also, during the tournament wasn't the rules no kicks to the head and Daniel wins with a kick to the head

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

This reminded me of the hack job of those planned parenthood videos.

With the right editing you can make mother theresa look like charles manson.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

Good point could have killed the lad also.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

That's the only reason to fight anyway. If you opponent is trying to kill you, fine. Destroy them utterly. If not, they are not your opponent, or indeed any threat what so ever.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

The real bully in all of this was the Karate school instructor and my favorite part of the movie is edited out, the scene at the end where Miagi throws the guy through the car window.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I hated the movie at the time I was an actual Karate kid and had been for 6 years and then we get loads of cocky little #s joining my Dojo thinking they were Bruce Lee or The Karate kid.

They probably joined since your dojo was so lame.

Maybe if you had no fear or pain in your dojo it would have been much cooler and more exclusive.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
*nervously looks around and wonders if my post was taken as anything other than humor.*

top topics

<<   2 >>

join