It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discuss The Subject Matter In Thread!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Who would do that? I don't agree with you often, but you are far from someone I can't stand. You're actually pretty nice about disagreeing.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
I was once U2U'd that I was literally the most hated member on ATS recently.

That was worth a good laugh.

Was gonna put it in my signature, but thought I'd wait for a good avatar idea instead.
Still working on that.

Okay, that sucks.

I thought I was.

Snark harder. After all, I haven't yet found an occasion to roast you privately yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

AboveBoard,

It is entirely possible that you get few responses, because your points are so comprehensive that there is little to add to them, and even less to counter within them!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Thats all very nice of you to say CharlieSpeirs!

Thank you so very much!!! I do not know what I had to do to illicit a comment like "Your penmanship is frightening." But I appreciate it none the less!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:19 AM
link   
@ Every person who has posted in this thread:

I really appreciate you folks putting your two pence in on this issue. Our community as members of this site is important to me, and the way we relate to one another, just like in regular society, is something which is intrinsic to the healthy function of this community. Ensuring proper standards and expectations are formed, will benefit us all long term, and I am really happy to see folks discussing these things sensibly.

Great job!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:35 AM
link   
If someone' sent me a u2u I didn't like I would not be able to hold back. I would have to tell them to "do one" with the most colourful language I could muster. It's bang out of order that people are receiving offensive u2u messages. I don't know how anyone could say a bad word about you true Brit. You have to be one of the nicest guys on ATS.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:48 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Mostly, it was bashing my avatar... idiotic and annoying were some of the words used to describe it, which, bearing in mind that it is my face in the thing, I must say, I found somewhat near the knuckle. That was followed by a critique of my standpoint on the topic of the thread which spawned this scenario, and all prefixed with essentially "I am messaging you because weak minds around here might see what I have to say as a personal attack...".

Package contained bobcat, would not buy again!

Thanks for that woodwardjnr. Damn... everyone is so nice in this thread!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Hey Man I am new to this Forum and i already read your old post .. you have different thoughts so keep do whatever you do

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit I was just re reading the thread and your post seemed one of the more benign. Some people are strange the anonymity of the Internet does strange things to people. Who could possibly get wound up over an avatar?

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hendry

Wow Hendry!

Your first post? I am honoured indeed, and will endeavour to do as you suggest!

Incidentally, have you visited the Introductions Forum yet?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also, the Freshman's Forum might come in handy if you are new to the site...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for stopping by !

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I hardly ever get any U2U's - my posts must be too bland. Consider yourself lucky! If people are emotionally activated enough to send you a U2U, you must be doing something right!
edit on 25amTue, 25 Aug 2015 10:04:13 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Lol, excellent rant TrueBrit!

I am pleased to be able to say that all our interactions have been in full public view regardless if we have agreed or not.
I have occasionally had similar bleating messages from other members after crossing swords but I find them amusing more than anything, never reported one, either ignored or replied that they should have a cup of tea.

I think some folk find it difficult to debate/discuss issues without emotion clouding any logic or reason.
I don't agree with everything you or anyone else posts on ATS, heck it would be a boring mutual appreciation society if we did, but I damn well enjoy your style of reasoned debate.

Whinging and bitching via private message, haha, there are nutjobs everywhere, long may they continue I say though, proper amusement!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

darkbake, you are far from bland!!

My inbox has been empty for a long time. Feel free to drop by. Didn't you do tarot readings for a while? Ah, yes! I see that in your signature!!! Do you still do them?? I believe I was one of the million people who responded for a free reading and no doubt you about lost your mind when you saw the level of response.
Ahem... **cough**(slacker)**cough** Just kidding. I would have freaked out seeing all those people lined up and waiting...somewhat patiently...

Well...in any case, I would never consider you dull, bland or any of those adjectives.

peace,
AB

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

AboveBoard,

It is entirely possible that you get few responses, because your points are so comprehensive that there is little to add to them, and even less to counter within them!

You are too kind. Perhaps I will frame this.

(
)

- AB

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: darkbake

right their with you DB....when I first started it was hourly U2U

Now...I think I have had one in the past 6 months

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   

I still do Tarot readings but I am a bit behind on the thread! PM me if you want one right away.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
a reply to: TrueBrit

I can U2U for companionship? Done.

No one U2U's me. I'm one of the lucky ones.

I don't even know what a "U2U" is.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Just a friendly reminder to those who seem not to be able to grasp the meaning and intent of this site.

I do not want to receive abuse in my U2U inbox. If you have something worth saying to me at all, say it where everyone can see it, grow a set, and stop wasting my time.

Thank you.

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
If you have something worth saying to me at all, say it where everyone can see it...

Get a haircut!!!! Stop drinking so much!!!!!

posted on Feb, 18 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

THANK you.

Also no, and no again!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join