It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Christie Ties Heroin Epidemic To Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheBulk

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TheBulk

Out of curiosity, is that all you read of the OP? Just asking because the question you asked me makes you appear to be uninformed as to what the article was talking about. Not to mention it's a red herring fallacy.

I just ask because Obama, his supporters and the media regularly tied Bush to ridiculous things. What's good for the goose.....

No. No, that is not true, and it is poisoned logic.

Unless the gander only cares about truth, screw him and the goose.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko
I know it doesn't mean squat to you, but this is actually my professional practice experience. Helping addicts. Studying the psychology. The DSM. Comorbidity. Neurosis. Anxiety, Depression, Schizophrenia - all of that -----

People get clean under their own power voluntarily without getting arrested. It does happen.
Yes, it does.

They get help and go through rehab with support of loved ones.
Some do, yes.

Some don't. And in either case, the DRUG ABUSE is a symptom. It is self-medication. There are no "happy" drug addicts. People use drugs to help them cope with things that are overwhelming, chronic, or to which their bodies have become addicted. Ten years ago, the standard of "intake" (when a client first presents for treatment of any kind) was a stupid, complicated mess BECAUSE OF INSURANCE and ridiculous grant-making.

For example, there was a municipal tax grant that I got (I wrote the grant for the program, and was awarded the grant).

The program that had won the grant (a program I developed with line items of expenses, like a business proposal) was calculated by me (who designed it) to be about $50,000 yearly. The PLAN that I wrote included general counseling ALONG WITH substance abuse issues. That would have INCLUDED talking about 'the divorce', or the miscarriage, or the childhood rape....)

But, in the end, it was set up BY THE GRANTOR (the disburser of funds) so that the grant would only apply to my "discussion" OF THE SUBSTANCE ABUSE with the client, and NOT discussion of the motivating cause. That was the GRANTOR'S decision....so, if I started talking to the client about their divorce, that would have been "unpaid" (that was the way they controlled grant funds), according to them.

I spoke to the board of directors of our agency and explained to him (and the board, at a meeting), and he listened, and said, "Yeah. Like there are any happy drug addicts." WHICH WAS MY POINT EXACTLY, so that was a successful meeting (never mind that later I discovered my program grant funds were being used to pay the light bill......that's a whole nuther story).....(And yes, I reported that to the grantor's liaison when I discovered it.)

But anyway - it is important to understand that people use drugs for REASONS. It is those REASONS that have to be fixed, or all you have are people who are suffering and NOT able to 'treat themselves'. Would you blame a cancer patient for taking chemo poisons?

Stop talking about what you don't know.
Please.

edit on 8/25/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: deets, deets, all in the deets! Oh, and grammar.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Excellent post.

The "war on drugs" has made everything exponentially worse and it's nothing more than a massive money-making scheme.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

It's sickening. It's why I had to get out of the business. I cared too much, and it broke my heart.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I was thinking to myself just the other day. Surely, somewhere, there's a museum in sore need of Chris Christie as a permanent exhibit. Hell, even I might pay a small some to go see him in his natural habitat....whatever that is.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

I believe it could be Arbys his natural habitat,I am no Obama fan but it was Bush that 'liberated' the poppy fields

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Cristie is just trying a last ditch effort to try and stay relevant.

His campaign is finished...He is behind Huckabee...how is that even possible?

www.rawstory.com...
celebcafe.org...
edit on 25-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Chris Christie is very impulsive. He had weight loss surgery and gained a ton. He says crazy stupid things. Argues with citizens to a degree no politician with a job should do.

Him saying this is another impulsive thing. Reminds me of Glen Beck. Beck stopped drinking but never worked on impulse control like many like time alcoholics. Beck before being fired really said wild viewpoints talking about biblical end times and alien abduction even if he acts if he is joking about it. It means he is attracted to over the top.

Sorry back to Christie. I wouldn't be surprised if he had other addictions past or present beyond food. Maybe alcohol, coc aine or heroin!

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Heroin epidemic? I thought that ended with the Boxer Uprising, c.1900...?

Personally, I - as in, people with at least some low level cerebral function - would be more concerned about the sugar and junk food epidemic... to say nothing of the alcohol and tobacco pandemic... and then you have the rampant gambling mental disorders... oh!, and there's also a unique little foible our species suffers from, which some virologist like to call MALIGNANT GREED!

But, that could just be me...

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Johnathanandheather

I'm really having trouble seeing this being attributed to impulse control. This rhetoric from him isn't new. He's been saying it for awhile now. He's had plenty of time to say it, then think it over and retract it if he regretted it. No, this is his long term rhetoric. I bet he has some interesting donation contributors if you know what I mean?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

None of those things are "epidemics". They are just differing tastes that different people have. You may not agree with people using them, but they aren't epidemics. Labeling them "epidemics" implies these people are doing something wrong and should be punished or rehabilitated. I admit, the people with addictions to these things may need some help, but the mere use of the things you mentioned isn't and should NEVER be a crime.

Sorry, I'm a stickler for proper terminology. You can get a lot of information across if you use the right words and all parties know exactly what they mean. You can also confuse people and send the wrong message if you misuse words, either purposely (called propaganda) or accidentally, where they shouldn't be used.
edit on 26-8-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   

It's going to be Trump as the nominee.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   

We have lost far more soldiers, government employees, etc.

Duh, Benghazi is a tiny blip on the radar compared to all the people killed in Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

Sugar is our 1st addiction.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
Sugar is our 1st addiction.

Q F T

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join