It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

616 Nomen Sacrum for Ch[R]IST?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: HarryJoy

First will be the last, and the last will be the first. I can't wait to see their faces when saints Iscariot, Stephanos, Elimas Magus, Marcion, Arius and all the other saints and martyrs deemed heretics and persecuted by the Jewish elite and the Graeco-Latinised Church over the centuries— enter the stage and the good lord «José Davidson» declares their sainthood with rolls and clashes to cheers of millions of angels, and reveals the name of his real son, his Prevailing Truth, me thinks named was; Elimas Magus bar-Joshua, the man Saul Paulus momentarily blinded the same way Jesus earlier blinded Saul Paulus, and whom Saulus called «Son of the Devil» no less. I can't believe that people can't see the obvious!
edit on 24-8-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: added Iscariot + misc

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Using numerology is foolish when attempting to decipher the meaning behind Revelation 13:18 and it clearly states 666 not 616. I think I will stick with what the Holy Bible says and not you.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

None of this is numerology, it's about how the story of a carpenter's son became the truly erroneous and beriddled compendium you refer to as the Holy Bible about this demigod who atoned for humanity by giving up his lifeblood as payment for original sin, and was miraculously resurrected and came back to life for the blessing of the Church. Hmmm, not so sure.

For what the Masoretic text underlying the Old Testament would call Lamb, the Greek Septuagint will call reptiles. What the KJV will call «the four beasts», the Douai-Rheims would call «the four living creatures». Where Codex Vaticanus would have 666, Codex Ephraemi would have 616. How can you blindly believe something you simultaneously refuse to understand or even observe and acknowledge? To say the mystery surrounding the Name/Number of the Beast is ambiguous— is an epic understatement, mate. There is no such thing as a perfect or holy bible, they all contain errors and plenty contradictions and often even proven forgeries, mainly due to (deliberate?) mistranslations and countless additions and omissions, commas and interpolations.

The only reason the Codex Ephraemi Rescriptus survived to our day, is that it was written upon high quality and extremely expensive vellum parchment. At some time during the 12th century, this beautiful handwritten Bible from around 400 AD containing 616 spelled out as «sixhundred-ten-six» in Greek— was white washed, and the parchment recycled to contain a number of Greek treatises by a person named Ephrem the Syrian, hence the name of the book, «Ephraemi Rescriptus». However, modern technology lets us read what was once written beneath the rescripted Ephrem text, and such a book as the one that pops out when the correct light is applied, would have likely cost the equivalent of several million dollars in today's money to make when it was once put together. 616 was no typo and no accident, hear my words. Irenaeus and others commented on it, but were all unable to fully dismiss it.

Question everything. Deny ignorance.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: misc

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Thanks Utnapisjtim

I always find your scholarship fascinating.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

Just going to throw this out there:
It is possible that it is true, Jesus is the beast in disguise. Now how's that for a great deception? Isn't he a great deceiver? It's possible. I'll never fully say it is as we won't ever know until we die. But that's how you deceive everybody.
I prefer to outsmart the beast and accept that as a possibility as well as it not true. Being smart rules.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soulece
a reply to: Revolution9

It is possible that it is true, Jesus is the beast in disguise.

Perhaps. It is rather irrelevant, I'm afraid.

To understand God you do not need the Bible, Qu'ran or any other book. Nor do you need a saviour, another son of God, preacher, messiah or whomever. You just need you - and you is all you need. Remember the old Intel logo that says "Intel inside"? We are all born with a virtual sticker "God inside". Gnostics believe that there are those without such a spark - I beg to differ. Without that spark, life does not exist.

The entire game of pseudo-encryption - of turning text into numbers and numbers into text - is sllly lower grade magic. Like beginning magicians need formulae, utensils, rites and books to perform even simple magic, so do most beginners that like to know God. They think that there is some hidden wisdom in a book - a book written by man and as such indeed inspired by, but not written by God - and some even think that without say Jesus or Muhammad there is no access to God. Such nonsense: God is indeed all options, everything, everywhere and there is no mumbo jumbo necessary to know him.

Don't pray - why use a modem when you have an on-line connection?
Don't believe - simply be and by being know.
Don't preach - state your opinion truthful and honestly.

666, 616, 777... o, come on.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 06:28 AM
link   

You are on the right track, but there are several missteps that may help you discover what it is you are looking for. To begin with, the number was originally written in Greek, but the written text at the time had its basis in Hebrew. The numeric representation of the mark of the beast was Vav Vav Vav, or another way to express it was Vav 3 times. "Vav" is the sixth letter in the Hebrew alphabet, but us pronounced "Vav-Aleph-Vav." As you can see, Vav-Aleph-Vav is represented numerically as 6-1-6. The letter "Vav" holds the archetyal meaning of "to nail." In that light, it can be seen that the number 6 is not only the mark of Man, but also the very archetype of how Christ was crucified. He was crusified by Man with the nail on the cross.

Secondly, the name Jesus is a misnomer. His name is Yeshua (Yud-Shin-Vav-Ayin in Hebrew). The numeric representation or his name in the most common version of gematria would be 10+22+6+15, which equals 53, which sums to 8. But, if you follow the same logic for the Greek word, it could be a number of Hebrew spellings since the name Jesus is Greek in origin. Based on phoenetics, it would be Hey-Tzadi-Vav-Samech... This equals 44...which also sums to 8. But it is most important to be seen that 44 is a divine number and the specific numeric sign placed upon His name.

Hope this gets you where you are going.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: kuga1123

And your evidence for this supposed Vav Vav Vav or Vav Aleph Vav originally written in Greek(?).....??? Please.... And your common Gematria makes no sense either, honestly, are you trolling?
edit on 28-8-2015 by Utnapisjtim because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No trolling. I was actually trying to help. To understand biblical texts in whatever language they were eventually uncovered (Coptic being the most common for the New Testament), one must understand the origin of language and how the language of the divine is communicated regardless of regional form. This understanding begins with the Hebrew archetypes. Don't think of it as "Hebrew" as much as the original pattern for language - though they are one and the same. The sixth letter in the alphabet is Vav which is represented by the number 6. This is the Ordinal value in Hebrew gematria and is the most widely used form. There are only 22 letters. In modern Hebrew, the final forms bring the grand total to 27. Think sequential place in the alphabet. There are other forms that take the spelling of the letter: hence "Vav" is the 6th letter, but spelled "Vav-aleph-Vav" yielding a total of "616." Fun fact: 13 is also the number for the word Love (ahava) which is the sum of 6+1+6. That concept on the nail being Love should add an extra dimension to the understanding and help you see the yin-yang relationship that the letter itself is far deeper in meaning than the specific use as demonstrated in the Mark of the Beast.

Another way to observe this is that original Hebrew did not have numbers nor numeric connotation, instead relying on the sequential characters to represent its place. Every word carried two meanings: numeric and alpha. Actually more meanings, but let's start basic. On the flip side, common study of Hebrew or language never address this.

Now realize that Greek and further derivatives are like playing the telephone game for language translation. One must first understand Source before the derivative languages can be seen for the beauty of what they are.

Credits: I have authored 9 Hebrew gematria apps on the AppStore that show the different forms and also have 9 published books that address this concept.

edit on 28-8-2015 by kuga1123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 01:17 AM
link   

here is you a kicker Jesus Fulfilled the prophesies of the false messiah ! check this out !
PROPHECIES JESUS FULFILLED:

1. THE FALSE MESSIAH EXISTED BEFORE THE YEAR AD 96, 1 John 4:3
Jesus existed before the year AD 96. Fulfilled by Jesus

2. RISES FROM THE ABYSS, Rev.17: 8
The Apostles creed; "He (Jesus) descended into hell. He rose again from the dead."Fulfilled by Jesus

3. DECEIVES THE EARTH BY THE MEANS OF THOSE MIRACLES, Rev. 13:14.
Also See Exhibit 1 and 4. Fulfilled by Jesus
4. SHOWING HIMSELF THAT HE IS GOD, Thess. 2:4.
Jesus: "Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves," (John 14:11). Fulfilled by Jesus

5. CREATES NEW ORDER IN 42 MONTHS, Re 13:5.
Jesus preached for forty two months, from this the Catholic Church (the new order) was created. Fulfilled by Jesus

6. HEAD OF THE WORLD-CHURCH, Zech. 6:13
"And he (Jesus) is the head of the body, the church," Col 1:18. Fulfilled by Jesus

7. CHANGES GOD'S LAWS, Da 7:25.
"And Jesus, the mediator of the new covenant", Heb 12:24. Fulfilled by Jesus

8. HIS FOLLOWERS SAY THEY ARE JEWS, AND ARE NOT, Re 3:9.
Gentiles that believe Jesus is the messiah call themselves spiritual Israelites - Jews Fulfilled by Jesus

9. HE WILL MAKE FIRE COME DOWN FROM HEAVEN ON THE EARTH, Rev 13:13
Jesus said: "I have come to set the earth on fire, and how I wish it were already blazing!" (Lu 12:49). Fulfilled by Jesus

10. HIS IMAGE WITH A WOUND IS WORSHIPPED UNIVERSALLY, RE 13:14
An image of a man with a wound (Jesus) is worshipped universally as God. Fulfilled by Jesus

11. MANY WHO WOULD NOT WORSHIP THE IMAGE ARE KILLED, Re 13:15
One of countless examples: 1171: Jews are arrested and most are executed after refusing to convert and worship the image of Jesus. Fulfilled by Jesus

12. CAUSE ALL TO RECEIVE HIS MARK (a symbol) BY THE RIGHT HAND UPON THE FOREHEADS IN HIS NAME. AND THAT NO MAN MIGHT BUY OR SELL, EXCEPT HE THAT HAD THE MARK, Rev. 13: 16 -17.
Baptize: The MARK of repentance received by Catholics upon their foreheads from the right hand of a priest, in Jesus' name as a symbol of admission into the Catholic Church.

Two of countless examples:
722 AD: Leo III outlawed Judaism. Jews were baptized against their will or killed.
1936 AD: Cardinal Hloud of Poland urged Catholics to boycott Jewish businesses.
Fulfilled by Jesus

13. HE SHALL CHANGE TIMES, Da 7:25. Times: [A period of time] - era: AD: the Christian era. Fulfilled by Jesus By the Catholic method of reckoning, indisputable proof that Jesus is beyond a doubt, the false-messiah.

Jesus is the only person who COULD and DID FULFILL the necessary requirements of the false messiah,

Also Christ is made up by the pagan god worshippers Constantine and the council of nicea ! they created a false doctrine leaving YHWH our fathers name out almost 7,000 times and Removing the name of our saviour Yahshua ! people hang a cross with a white man on it and we know the he had hair like wool and feet like brass out of a furnace ! couldnt have been hidden in egypt if he was white
also the scripture state blatanlty the graven (Carved) Image Worshipping is an abomination to YHWH ! jesus didnt fulfill the law he changed it ! no doubt in my mind because jesus cannot be translated from Yashua if it was translated it would be Joshua !check it for yourself ... and the letter J didnt come into existence until around 500 years ago ! Iesous=Hail Zeus ! Christians all celebrate the pagan holidays ! ask yourself why

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Interesting...

posted on Aug, 12 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Chuck Missler has some incredibly interesting videos on Bible Code and Physics, etc.

I would think you'd really enjoy them. Mind bending stuff!

Enjoy!

Added note: I've watched them over and over again and learn something new every time.

peace

posted on Aug, 22 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

Hehe, I think I like this guy. His emotional jolts when he talk of the passion. His childlike approach to the texts and contexts. Loved his translation of the first ten names. Did it in the 90's, «No chance a pack of rabbies could....» the second I hear that I always think to meself; «then you should meet me rabbei!». Fun. Also liked his mysterious cross formation and his all over nice appearance of part 1 of the 1st flick. Turned a bit wild after that, but yes, fun.

He would love the Zohar. Most definitively.

posted on Nov, 14 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Could it have meant ‘1996’?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join