It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would a new Guns N' Roses album sound like?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:10 AM
link   

COULD A GUNS N' ROSES REUNION BE HAPPENING?

This seemed about as likely as shivering away in a duffle coat as hell turns particularly chilly for this time of year.

But it looks like famous musical friends-turned-enemies Slash and Axl Rose may be on speaking terms again. Guitarist Slash was asked about a rumoured reconciliation in an interview on Swedish TV outlet Aftonbladet on Saturday and surprised everyone with his answer.

A reporter asked, "I've heard that you made friends with Axl Rose again. How was that possible after all those years?" To which Slash replied, "It was probably way overdue, you know, but it's, it's, it's, you know, it's very cool at this point, to...dispel some of that negative stuff that was going on for so long."

It may only be one sentence, but it's something we never thought we'd ever read.
Link to article

Since it's now a possibility, I think it might be interesting to discuss what a new Guns N' Roses album may sound like in the event of a reunion of the band. I'd say we have a lot of evidence to go by.

Velvet Revolver was an American hard rock supergroup consisting of former Guns N' Roses members Slash, Duff McKagan, and Matt Sorum, alongside Dave Kushner formerly of punk band Wasted Youth.
en.wikipedia.org...

I loved Velvet Revolver and I think some of their songs were as good as Guns N' Roses in their prime.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I have an even higher opinion of "Chinese Democracy" than either of the Velvet Revolver albums. Please understand that I'm a pretty big Buckethead fan so that may have a lot to do with it. Still, if a new Guns N' Roses album was a hybrid of the sounds of Velvet Revolver and "Chinese Democracy", it could simply be awesome in my opinion.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

I hope it sounds like silence,

I am no G&R fan. Lyrics: "First I loved her, then I had to kill her". Yes, I was around when the group debuted.

Yep, no fan here.

But enjoy if you are into them. To each there own.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:55 AM
link   

If it's an album featuring the original line up then a new Guns N' Roses album would sound great , a tour to support the album would sound even better.

I saw them at Donington park in 1988 and they were great , although two people died in the crowd surge during the gig which put a damper on things.

I have little doubt that at some point in the next few years they will reunite and a tour and album will follow.
Can't wait.

a reply to: NewzNose

I am no G&R fan. Lyrics: "First I loved her, then I had to kill her". Yes, I was around when the group debuted

I used to love her.

edit on 24-8-2015 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

I hope it sounds like silence,

I am no G&R fan. Lyrics: "First I loved her, then I had to kill her". Yes, I was around when the group debuted.

Yep, no fan here.

But enjoy if you are into them. To each there own.

"Used to Love Her" was written as a joke after Izzy Stradlin disliked a song he heard on the radio featuring "some guy whining about a broad who was treating him bad". Slash stated that "People think it's about one of our old girlfriends, but it's actually about Axl's dog."[7]
en.wikipedia.org...

You can tell the song's a joke by how it's sung in my opinion. I knew that when I was a child listening to it. It was obvious to me that it was a joke way back then. So, so judgmental.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 24-8-2015 by Profusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Slash must be needing some money

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Didn't they already come out with a new one last year?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

That would be great. It is long overdue.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
These bands coming back together, to me, sound like they went backwards about a decade from when the first arrived.
I think they would sound late 70's.
And we are not going to get the high notes from Axl like the glory days. Slash will represent the best he can if they do come together. Hope they don't put a muffle on his creativity.

And this is coming from a guy who doesn't even really like GnR

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

Well Axel came out with Chinese Democracy, which no one bought, where he slapped the GnR name on it even though Slash wasn't on the album.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NewzNose

"I am no G&R fan. Lyrics: "First I loved her, then I had to kill her". Yes, I was around when the group debuted. "

Obviously not. The song "I used to love her" ("I used to love her, but I had to kill her." is the line btw), was on GN'R 's 2nd album "G N' R Lies", in November 1988.
Their debut album was "Appetite for Destruction" released in July 1987. Yep, no fan there.
Thanks for the contribution though.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:07 PM
link   
they need to leave it alone.
use your illusion 1 and 2 was some great music.
post that....eh

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:13 PM
link   

I'll certainly have to look into this. Though, last time I saw Axl perform, he was very out of shape and short of breath. Hopefully if anything comes of this he turns that trend around first.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

A joke about the killing the person you used to love isn't funny and that is the point of a joke.

Yes, I am being judgemental in my statement above. I am still not laughing.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Slash must be needing some money

Lol that whole nothing buys bygones like cash eh?

I just don't see a reunion happening. Axel and Slash may have kissed and made up but I don't think Slash would put himself in a working relationship with Axel ever again. It was just too telling who the problem in that relationship was when Slash left and then worked with every other member of GnR that Axel fired for one reason or another.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: KeliOnyx

I kinda doubt that it would be Slash needing the money, too.
And Axl is a well-known as*le. The only2 problems G'N'R ever had were due to him. And like you said, Slash worked with all the rest, had a couple of side projects, and still does guest guitar for tv, and plays tracks on several albums.
But, Axl got greedy, Axl got egotistic, and Axl blew his damn vocal cords because he was convinced that the fans wanted just his whiny vocals. Even Mike Patton learned that lesson before it was too late.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
What would a new G&R album sound like?

Acker Bilk

Å99

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: akushla99

"What would a new G&R album sound like?"
Desperation...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: NewzNose

A joke about the killing the person you used to love isn't funny and that is the point of a joke.

Yes, I am being judgemental in my statement above. I am still not laughing.

You're still not reading all the replies in the thread.

It's a sad song about Axl having to put his DOG down because it was old and sick.
It's actually quite a compassionate song.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Have you listened to the 2 albums Slash has put out with Miles Kennedy on Vocals?

Poops on most of Chinese Democracy.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   
a reply to: aeonminder

Exactly. Slash hasn't stood still. And he and Axl WERE G&R. Axl hasn't been too terribly active. Sorry to say, but it would be a step backwards for Slash. Not to say he isn't in a point in his career where he could afford to take that step as a passion project, to help an old friend out, but G&R is not Slash's only claim to fame, unlike that ungrateful jerk he'd be helping.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join