It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If China's dog bites South Korea, China will bury it alive

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:38 AM
link   

If China's dog bites South Korea
    China will bury it alive

China recently implemented a One Dog, One Family policy (Yī quǎn yī hù) in Beijing. With the rising middle class keeping pets has become a thing. But rabies, too many dogs, and other problems have also occurred.

In 2006 they passed the Yī quǎn yī hù law. A family may not keep more than one dog as a pet. They have also been taking aggressive (what the west would call inhumane) steps to curb the population of stray dogs.

Since the start of the campaign on 25 July 2005, a total of 54,429 dogs in Mouding County have been killed by clubbing, hanging, electrocution, or drugs, according to the Shanghai Daily.

Inside Justice : China Animal Welfare

In the west if someone's Dog bites a neighbor we take quick action as well. Of course I am talking about North Korea here.

Perhaps Kim Jong-un will realize he is better off seeking medical attention from the west.

What does the reader think?
Have I gone too far. Have I dehumanized Kim too quickly. Or, is he really foaming at the mouth. Because he called Obama a rabid dog first.

Leave your comments below.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I fail to see the connection between the Chinese owning dogs, and keeping a strict policy on number of pets, and Korea. South or North.

So....

w-hat?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: mikegrouchy

I expect that rather than simply burying Kim Jong Un out of hand, what will actually happen in the event of an assault on South Korea, by the DPRK, is that any reaction the Chinese have to it will be based on the outcome. If any such assault is successful, then the Chinese are not likely to take any serious or firm action at all, although they would probably condemn the action publicly.

If however the assault was to fail, and result in significant loss of resources on the part of DPRK, and by extension the Chinese, then you can bet that the Chinese would react with extreme and terminal fury. They have an awful lot, strategically, riding on the DPRK.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic
I fail to see the connection between the Chinese owning dogs, and keeping a strict policy on number of pets, and Korea. South or North.

So....

w-hat?

I'm with you.

I think the OP was trying to create a metaphor, and jump from the metaphor to a real situation, in a stylized format like they do in some articles, or in the news. However, me thinks the OP failed at it, lol.

I'm not sure what this thread is asking, or telling us?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Is the word "it", in the phrase "bury it alive", meant to refer to N. Korea or S. Korea?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I expect that rather than simply burying Kim Jong Un out of hand, what will actually happen in the event of an assault on South Korea, by the DPRK, is that any reaction the Chinese have to it will be based on the outcome. If any such assault is successful, then the Chinese are not likely to take any serious or firm action at all, although they would probably condemn the action publicly.

If however the assault was to fail, and result in significant loss of resources on the part of DPRK, and by extension the Chinese, then you can bet that the Chinese would react with extreme and terminal fury. They have an awful lot, strategically, riding on the DPRK.

HEres the thing though. What does china want more of right now? They have good relations with SK and bad relations with th eNK currently. the SK provides them with goods and services,the NK nothing but a drain on them. IF kims daddy was still alive they would had sided with th eNK's but His son is a dummy who insults them.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

I expect that rather than simply burying Kim Jong Un out of hand, what will actually happen in the event of an assault on South Korea, by the DPRK, is that any reaction the Chinese have to it will be based on the outcome.

I'm not so sure about that, China increasingly looks westward, they act as mediator between NK and the US, in fact there are regular agreed tripartite talks between NK, SK and China, and Xi actually visited SK before NK a year or so ago, and I think China is increasingly embarrassed by NK's shenanigans.

China needs it's trade, the northwest is still pretty primitive, and generally 55% of the whole population is rural.
Changes in the South are more dramatic as more place become urbanised economies. The urbanites would not likely want to give up their new standards of living either to go back to the old kind of warring communism. Those days are done.

Edit done. for Yuppa...I'm in a rush

edit on 24-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Its not NC(North Carolina) and SC (south carolina) lol. go back an dput a "k" on them please lol.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I really am glad I have two of the Reader's digest atlases, I can find out how places are spelled, where they are, or used to be, like Tibet, that is not on modern atlases, only Tibet's capital city, Lhasa is.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: supermarket2012

I just assumed he had read the picture he embedded wrong ...

it reads 'If China's dog bites, China will bury it alive' .... but look at what its superimposed on .. a map, and the pointer for 'south korea', lines up well with the end of the first line, to make it appear as 'If Chinas dog bites South Korea '

If the OP did read that picture wrong, it may have sent him off on a tangent that wasnt there

and then after he sees his mistake .. he is cringing too much now, to come back in and face us ..

come on back in mate .... we all make mistakes all the time

edit on 24-8-2015 by Segenam because: editing is a great way to pass the time ...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Thanks. youre a Gem!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Is the word "it", in the phrase "bury it alive", meant to refer to N. Korea or S. Korea?

The stamp is North Korean issue, whoever made the collage just overlaid it onto a map. If the collage was made in North Korea, then it must be propaganda against South Korea, as if to say 'our mates the Chinese will sort out South Korea'..which I very much doubt. Basically this is nothing from China.

NK hunter with his doggy circa 1979.
edit on 24-8-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iconic

So....

w-hat?

North Korea is China's dog.

If your dog bites your neighbor...

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I agree. If the DPRK kills the neighbor that is one thing, but to just bite like a mad dog is a terrible loss of face. And reports indicate that China is already massing up on their own border with North Korea.

The movements of a mechanical unit at least the size of a brigade were spotted in the city of Yanji, China, in the autonomous region of Yanbian bordering North Korea.

NKnews : Significant military movements spotted near China-N. Korea border

There are more pictures of armor at the link. Taken from Chinese blogs.

Mike Grouchy
edit on 24-8-2015 by mikegrouchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: supermarket2012
I'm not sure what this thread is asking, or telling us?

That North Korea is China's dog.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Obviously N. Korea.

The most famous person in the world is the Performer Psy, from South Korea.

YouTube : Psy performs first Gangnam Style in first televised China performance
China knows this and has embraced him.

NYTimes 2012 : Gangnam style gets north Korean propaganda treatment
North Korea has rejected him.

Now before anyone says this is irrelevant or just-music...

On December 21st 2012 the first YouTube Video in the world crossed over ONE BILLION views. It is the single greatest hit in the history of planet earth. Currently (August 2015) at 2.3 billion views. Too the shock of many people in the East, it is evident that not just the West, but the world have feelings invested in K-pop.

China already knows who the winner is.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa
What does china want more of right now? They have good relations with SK and bad relations with th eNK currently. the SK provides them with goods and services,the NK nothing but a drain on them. IF kims daddy was still alive they would had sided with th eNK's but His son is a dummy who insults them.

Exactly. Kim should have accepted the invitation to attend China's Military parade.

KoreaTimes: Kim Jong-un snubs China's invitation to military parade: source

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

China increasingly looks westward, they act as mediator between NK and the US, in fact there are regular agreed tripartite talks between NK, SK and China, and Xi actually visited SK before NK a year or so ago, and I think China is increasingly embarrassed by NK's shenanigans.

China needs it's trade, the northwest is still pretty primitive, and generally 55% of the whole population is rural.
Changes in the South are more dramatic as more place become urbanised economies. The urbanites would not likely want to give up their new standards of living either to go back to the old kind of warring communism. Those days are done.

Exactly. Leave it to someone from the United Kingdom to see the truth of the matter through the lens of Trade! Well played. Well played indeed.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Segenam
a reply to: supermarket2012

I just assumed he had read the picture he embedded wrong ...

it reads 'If China's dog bites, China will bury it alive' .... but look at what its superimposed on .. a map, and the pointer for 'south korea', lines up well with the end of the first line, to make it appear as 'If Chinas dog bites South Korea '

If the OP did read that picture wrong, it may have sent him off on a tangent that wasnt there

and then after he sees his mistake .. he is cringing too much now, to come back in and face us ..

come on back in mate .... we all make mistakes all the time

No, you have understood the picture perfectly. I made this piece of propaganda myself. And it was designed specifically for people who do their own research. Who want to understand where the pieces came from.

I believe that people are just as smart as one treats them. I am please to be proved correct in this case. I only wrote "If China's dog bites". The "South Korea" was already there.

Mike Grouchy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
The stamp is North Korean issue, whoever made the collage just overlaid it onto a map. If the collage was made in North Korea, then it must be propaganda against South Korea, as if to say 'our mates the Chinese will sort out South Korea'..which I very much doubt. Basically this is nothing from China.

NK hunter with his doggy circa 1979.

Yes!

I intentionally chose this North Korean' stamp. All other images I could find of dogs from North Korea were quite bloody and/or cooked. Only this one stamp seemed suitable.

Mike Grouchy

top topics

<<   2 >>

join