It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marines will be in Toledo Ohio at Conclusion of Vote Certification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:09 PM
link   
In a strange coincidence
a Marine Corps unit based in Perrysburg will conduct "Urban Exercises" in Toledo Ohio beginning on the 7th of January.

No doubt they will be "around" before that date in preparation.

Major Cramer said Marines will be dressed in green and will be carrying rifles through the streets, but the exercises should have a minimal impact on the downtown area. He said the Marines will be firing blanks and conducting operations throughout the area.

"The only request we would have of folks, if they happen to be near where an exercise is taking place, is to stay away as much as possible," Major Cramer said.
Jean Atkin, administrator for the Lucas County Common Pleas Court, said the unit was granted permission to use the courthouse grounds. - Toledo Blade Story

So in the capital city of Ohio (and on the courthouse grounds no less) there will be a unit of marines running around conducting "exercises".

Am I the only one who sees this as more than a coincidence?

If there was some development on the recount or the vote certification issue justifying demonstrations the downtown of the capital and the courthouse grounds will be off limits.

Convenient no?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Hmm...I wonder if it's John Kerry and Jessy Jackson planning on taking over the vote through force now. Very interesting indeed! From what I understand, you may be able to put together an entire unit of military types that supported Kerry. Give them the element of surprise, and they could do a little bit of damage to the rest of the military forces. I knew I didn't trust Kerry for a reason! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by junglejake
Hmm...I wonder if it's John Kerry and Jessy Jackson planning on taking over the vote through force now. Very interesting indeed! From what I understand, you may be able to put together an entire unit of military types that supported Kerry. Give them the element of surprise, and they could do a little bit of damage to the rest of the military forces. I knew I didn't trust Kerry for a reason! Thanks for bringing this to my attention!

And here I thought "W" was the Commander in Chief. Come on Kerry doesn't really care or he would have taken the whole election to court (like in the Ukraine). Come on get real. Bush controls the military.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
In a strange coincidence
a Marine Corps unit based in Perrysburg will conduct "Urban Exercises" in Toledo Ohio beginning on the 7th of January.

So in the capital city of Ohio (and on the courthouse grounds no less) there will be a unit of marines running around conducting "exercises".

Am I the only one who sees this as more than a coincidence?

If there was some development on the recount or the vote certification issue justifying demonstrations the downtown of the capital and the courthouse grounds will be off limits.

Convenient no?

total coincidence.... nothing more...

I live in Toledo, very close to Perrysburg.... I will try to get over there and snap some pics for all to see here at ATS. No promises, but I'll try.

by the way... Ohio's capital is Columbus...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

I knew I didn't trust Kerry for a reason!

Wow! That is an amazing feat of mental gymnastics!

How you succeeded in twisting that story into an anti-Kerry post is beyond me. There is definitely a PhD thesis somewhere in there.

Notice that I am not American so I don't have a say in who your president is. The fact that US democracy is dead is a concern to many people and the fact that you people are too blinded by petty partisanship to care or notice just makes you a laughingstock to the rest of the world.

But hey... keep up those mental gymnastics - it's real impressive...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   

by the way... Ohio's capital is Columbus...

Oops!

Thanks... Ignorance denied

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Wow! That is an amazing feat of mental gymnastics!

Thank you, I certainly thought so. I was cracking up as I typed that response.

The fact that US democracy is dead is a concern to many people and the fact that you people are too blinded by petty partisanship to care or notice just makes you a laughingstock to the rest of the world.

2 questions about this, though. First, how is it dead? The US had the highest voter turnout in its history, George Bush won by a majority with more people voting for him than any other elected president in history. John Kerry even had more votes than any elected president, with the exception of Bush, and lost.

Second question, which people are you grouping together as being petty partisans? All of America, or just the right wing of America?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Mighty big "If"

From your article:

The Marines will take over parts of downtown Toledo as sounds of gunfire will echo off buildings when training exercises are conducted next weekend.

--snip--

...but the exercises should have a minimal impact on the downtown area.

Marines will stay close to home for urban training

The only coincedence here is that other than the date of the Electoral College certification, which is on January 6th, 2005, you have choosen to spin and twist this article as you have seen fit to do.

seekerof

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

First, how is it dead?

See The Diebold Factor and Rise of the Reconstructionists in my signature.

Second question, which people are you grouping together as being petty partisans?

Both sides of course!

Neither side seems able to find common ground on important issues, especially on a non-partisan issue like election fraud.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Allow me to expand on the answers...

2 questions about this, though. First, how is it dead? The US had the highest voter turnout in its history, George Bush won by a majority with more people voting for him than any other elected president in history. John Kerry even had more votes than any elected president, with the exception of Bush, and lost.

Simply put, the exit polls didn't match the vote. Diebold is a republican company. Should a company that makes voting machines be partisan? In places where Diebold was used, the votes were +5% in favor of Bush over the exit polls. Where Diebold WASN'T used, the votes matched the exit polls, as they historically do. Do YOU see a problem? In EVERY instance historically of a high voter turnout, it inevitably leads to more Democratic votes. Somehow all this history just changed overnight? It isn't about who won or lost. The more important issue is that we no longer have control over our national elections. That is a far scarier prospect than even another 4 years of W. Another interesting fact is that in many polls nationwide after the election, 53% were not happy seeing Bush get re-elected.

Second question, which people are you grouping together as being petty partisans? All of America, or just the right wing of America?

As the poster answered, all. However, not all of us are blind to it, as I mentioned above. Sadly though, there isn't much we can do about it....

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Polls are very easily manipulated. Change the phrasing of a question, or where you ask, who, when, etc. and you can completely change the results. The religious right, my peeps, came out en masse for this election (finally!), too. The only group that didn't have a voter increase % was the kids. The ones who are supposed to care and 99% of the time vote democrat. People from 18 to 26 stayed the same while every other group increased it's voter turn out percentage. Rock the vote indeed, that's what really killed Kerry in the end, I think. All these college kids complaining about Bush, how they would like to have it done, that we need to elect Kerry, then they just go get stoned instead of getting out there and voicing their opinions.

As for the voting machines, I agree completely. Check out blackboxvoting.org if you haven't already. It's a free online book talking about several of the big voting machine players. Quite simply, the company could be partisan if they weren't allowed to make their source code proprietary(sp). If the code's available to everyone to see, security issues, cheats, etc. will be discovered by someone looking through it. This is what has made Linux so successful without having to spend any money on marketing materials. As it stands now, there has to at least be a paper trail until we open up the code for everyone to view.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Quite simply, the company could be partisan if they weren't allowed to make their source code proprietary(sp)

And you'd agree with the above???

1. Companies supplying voting machines should NOT be affiliated in ANY way with political parties.

2. The code should NEVER be open, except to an oversight committee and it should be very confidential. Can you imagine the hackability of an open code elections software?

The religious right, my peeps, came out en masse for this election (finally!), too.

Not buying it. If that WAS true, it's a pretty sad commentary on the American public that Stem Cell Research and Gay Marriage were deemed more important than our Commander in Chief lying to us and the world and then getting us into an illegal war. Don't get me wrong, I was all for going into Iraq, because a) I understood the other reasons for it, and b) I had faith that our government wouldn't do such a thing without proof to back it up. However, when the WMD's weren't found, it all kind of came out in the wash, didn't it?

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Hurry up already and get Bev Harris into Ohio

Currently, the situation for those that have become proactive concerning this versus those who continue to be active or mere voice boxes, are:

Citing fraud, 37 voters have challenged the results of the presidential race in Ohio. They point to long lines, a shortage of voting machines in predominantly minority neighborhoods and problems with computer equipment

And of the evidences presented by those proactive individuals:

In Wednesday's ruling, Moyer said the challengers have provided "nothing suggesting that Ohio election officials are engaging, or will engage, in illegal conduct," and called their documents "woefully inadequate."

Ohio Justice to Remain on Vote Challenge

seekerof

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
If your exit poll is skewed to question more females than males, then the results will favor the candidate more favored by the females.

Hence the result of mismatching poll vs actual numbers.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   
I think the government can probably mess around with the weather again and send that state an unprecedented 32 inches of snow, and it will all be over- no need for anything else

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ok, my husband say that Marines does not engage on "civilan" exercises like that, like patroling streets, this seems highly unusual and to say the least weird.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Ok, my husband say that Marines does not engage on "civilan" exercises like that, like patroling streets, this seems highly unusual and to say the least weird.

So the police chief is lying?

Toledo Police Chief Mike Navarre said military exercises have been conducted before in the downtown area with a minimal impact on city residents. He said city and police officials have been working with the Marines to help the exercises go smoothly.

Remember, things have changed since 9/11. Urban warfare is more common; just look at Fallujah.

If the marines aren't trained to engage in urban warfare, they should be.

Your husband may have been right when he was in the marines, marg, but times have changed.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
So the police chief is lying?

First off all I don't know what is going on with that police chief, like I said Marines do not engage on "military exercises" in the city, and if they are using their "green" uniform, then is not a military exercises at all, that is the dress uniform allowed in the streets, either that or the blues for special occasions, marines can not used fatigues outside the bases unless transporting equipment.

They maybe a "volunteer" group of marines that decided to be in the city on their off duty time.

The last time we had a "civilian and military" exercised in our town, in preparation for a "terrorist" attack, the exercised activity was performed "inside" the base not in the town, and by the way exercises like that make the news too, and it takes a lot of planning.

My husband may be retired but he still works in the military base and is very much informed of the activities of the marines and civilian personnel relationships.

I am not saying the chief is laying but he is using the marines off duty for personal agenda, he either knows the commanding officer of the base where these marines are station to allow a group of them to volunteer in an activity like that.

top topics

join