It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

www.abovetopsecret.com/ conspiracyunsolved

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:35 PM
link   
What the hell is going on?

I see posts made by people regarding certain things, links to things, to conspiracies, to certain groups such as Freemasory, illuminati, etc but the links have all gone and been deleted through editing the message.

Why are people editing the links? To these conspiracies, etc?

Is there a certain hacker that the government has employed to hack in and edit the posts to delete the links that take viewers to certain pages that they should not be seeing?

Seriously.

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by William]

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
it just seems weird to me that poeple will post links to these pages to show people what's going on, what conspracy they're on about, where they got their information from, etc, pics they foiund that reveal things about 9/11, etc And those links are gone, pictures gone, etc.

why would these poeple who first wrote about them go back, edit the message and delete the links/pics?

link   
What the hell are you talking about?

How about an example of this? A link to a thread where you've seen this happening?

(Very often, the linked page referenced in a post will be on a free-service server, and the site is no longer active.)

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by William]

link   
"I see posts made by people regarding certain things, links to things, to conspiracies, to certain groups such as Freemasory, illuminati, etc but the links have all gone and been deleted through editing the message."

can you direct us to a specific thread on what you are talking about???

link   
Seems like a conspiracy to me.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
well since you won`t tell what your on about Ican only assume you are looking at old threads where links have lapsed to the or you are an old member looking to draw attnetion to stuff they have had deleted.

seems like paranoia until you come up with the goods

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:40 PM
link   
i could direct you to many. But if you have a look around here and read the topics and threads people are making, and they have them saying, here's the link to where the info is, etc

And then a few people have posted after it saying they have seen the page and comment on it, etc. But from the first post, the person who was saying go to that sight and check it out, it's disappeared. The post has been edited and the link isn't there.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
"Very often, the linked page referenced in a post will be on a free-service server, and the site is no longer active.) "

but that doesn't mean that the first post should be edited and the link missing?

If the link is there it's a link whether the page exists or not.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
right Ok I`m here a lot of the time and have no idea what you are on about. People sometimes post a link to a page which later moves or mispost links or links don`t seem to work for some people.

Since you won`t back it up will you please pipe down.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
DaRAGE...

This is possibly the most secure forum on the Internet... dozens of additional modifications to the core software specific to increasing security.

It is very unlikely that anyone other than the author is changing their posts... and in the event there is an edit, the forum software tracks who made the edit, and when.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
i just saw one b4 thats why i'm writing it. If i checked out heaps mroe posts i would back it it. I cant even ifnd the one i was looking at before that didn't have it. But i've had a look at heaps of threads the last few days , heaps, and noticed it about 7 times i reckon.

Someone would say something about a conspiracy such as 9/11 and that he found pics that his dad had, etc and would post a link to it. Then people would post after and say something about the pics and how they were, etc, talking about the pics. But then the post where he showed the link has been edited and the link gone. Stuff like that.

I'm not talking about links not working. I'm talking about them disappearing altogether through editing of the posts.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Did the posts have an "edited by" message at the bottom?

Also, it is likely that they used the [img] tag of the forum BBcode to directly place an image into the post. If the image link has gone dead, the image will no longer appear.

posted on Jun, 8 2003 @ 03:19 PM
link   
He sounds like he's been trawling some of the old hoax threads.

I've seen numerous examples where people have posted fake links to back up thier arguments, realised that those links were flawed and then gone back to edit them. All in the name of "security".

Editing takes place a lot on this board because quite often people are discussing things that take more than one go to get right. Instead of writing a new post it's often easier to go back and edit your post. The same works with links. Quite often, the link is not relevant after a few days or a new one comes along.

I wouldn't get paranoid about editing. If there were anything suspicious going on I would have thought it would be easy enough for any "dark power" to kill the link at source rather than editing a post.

Still, I could be wrong. Who knows?

[Edited on 8-6-2003 by Leveller]

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 07:48 AM
link   
...also i think people post links and after realizing they don't work, they edit and remove for courtesy.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   
I am probably one of the more abundant link posters here (at least in my alter ego)... I do post links to several news stories, and some of them do go dead after a certain amount of time (but not that many really).

If you can find one, at least one that I posted that appears to have been actually removed rather than the link going dead (with the URL still listed in the post), please direct me to it.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Alright. Well right now i cant be btoehred looking around for a topic that has one of them. But yeah.

This is how it was:

Someone created a topic, wrote some info down saying rah rah rah about a conspiracy, posted a link to back it up.

People posted after him talking about the linka nd how they were very interesting and should be looked at further, etc, and a few more posts are there talking about it all...

But the first post has been edited and the link taken away so anyone who comes into the thread dont know what everyone is talking about.

Yeha edited by a person i dont know if it was the guy who made the thread or not but it said it was edited.

I've noticed it on a few threads is all. Wondering why they would take away the link is all.

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How old are the said posts?

XAOS

new topics

top topics

join