It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nikkei is Open, Already dropped 440 points, down 2.24 %

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
a reply to: Pebujesa

how much silver do we have?

Ever since the Werewolf boom of 1865 it has been depleted along with Werewolves, but there is more silver than gold for sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: iDope

I was pretty much going to say we who? But I think you took care of that I forgot about the Werewolf epidemic I think theres a few documentaries on the subject "The Howling"

It's not much but its after the WW days Link

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:56 PM
link   
If I'm reading the Shanghai composite correctly it's down 7.4%

I have no clue if we bounce back this week or continue to plunge. If not now it seems likely within the next few months. I still think our markets will prove more resilient than most others through this correction.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Make that 3.2% as of now for the NIkkei. The Hang Seng is open and down 3.84%. The DOW is set to open 2.23% below Friday's close as of right now. That increased from 1.96% ten minutes ago. This is going to be an ugly week.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2015 by Vroomfondel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Shanghai Composite down 8.31% It has now sunk below last months crash.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
The American market has been kept artificially high for years for reasons that most of us will never know. There has been absolutely NO reason for the American market to keep hitting new highs the way it's been the last few years, without very, very specific manipulation.

The Chinese market has also been kept artificially high through currency manipulation.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Pebujesa

thank you =)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:12 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

Don't worry,it's Bushs' fault.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Watching the Asian Markets tonight to see how bad it will be tomorrow on the Dow.

Not looking good.

It will reflect a 300 plus drop for the DOW and American stocks. It's a correction. We need it. Everything is overpriced or over valued.
Stock prices need to go down to their true values.
Keep calm and chive on.
edit on KSun, 23 Aug 2015 22:13:51 -0500pm3120155140 by Kratos40 because: missed a word

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   
This might be the reason behind LaGarde's weird "7" speech? Cycles of 7. Here we are ... that 7 year drop ... Hang on.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: babybunnies

The US markets are propped up quite a bit by monsters like Honeywell. Hon is sitting on a cash surplus of approx. 15 billion right now. What they don't tell you is that they are quietly laying people off, and shipping work to India. In the last five years they have built duplicate research centers to some of those in the US and have been steadily ramping up work there and cutting the comparable jobs here. The only thing Cote cares about is the shareholder's opinion since his salary and job security are based entirely on the success of the stock.

Of course Hon is just one of the many, many multi-nationals who are doing this, which is why it has such a huge affect on US markets. They prop up stock prices on stored cash but aren't selling product or conducting any valuable research to extend into future markets.

Combine what with falling oil prices and the outlook is not good. I see oil dropping to around $20 a barrel before this is over. it sounds good when you think about lower gas prices. But it will put a lot of people out of work and the prices wont drop nearly as much as they should. When someone in the middle east farts, the gas prices at the pumps jump forty cents. But when oil prices drop $20 a barrel it takes weeks or months for the prices to show at the pumps and even then its only a few cents on the dollar. Cheap gas is a great thing for commuters, but not for stock markets.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I did one more quick check on the futures: Hang Seng is down 4.12% and the DOW is set to open down 2.63% or -433 points.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Shanghai Composite just finished todays first half. Its down a record 8.45%

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

It's the Shemitah. I don't know about the legitimacy of the actual prophecy, or if it was man made after the prophecy, but If you look into it, it has played out nearly exactly to the month of every 7 years. Not to sound pessimistic,but things are only getting worse, and this may be the year that it is very bad. I hope not, but the signs are very clear if you follow all the crazy interwebs of information.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kratos40

Watching the Asian Markets tonight to see how bad it will be tomorrow on the Dow.

Not looking good.

It will reflect a 300 plus drop for the DOW and American stocks. It's a correction. We need it. Everything is overpriced or over valued.
Stock prices need to go down to their true values.
Keep calm and chive on.

Hmm. Looking at the Nikkei....looks like I'm going to change my numbers to another 500 point drop tomorrow morning instead of 350 or so for the DOW.
Like I said in my previous post, this is a much needed correction. Stock valuations are too high. That's why you see daily girations of 200 points when it was above 17000. It's like buying a plain black Armani shirt at $200, when you can buy the same style shirt at Target for $20....and no one will notice. And you get three shirts in the package on top of that. But people wanted to buy the "Armani" shirt no matter what. LOL!
I want to see the DOW down to 5000 or so. The SNP 500 down to 500. That's when we can see the bare bones valuation of companies.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Indian markets down by 1000 points, Asian markets are tumbling. Its a bloodbath

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: maddy21

Oh, very bad. Just checked and the Shanghai SE Composite Index is down 8.45% with a 5 day loss (so far) of 19.59%

Thought we had to wait for September......

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
a reply to: babybunnies

The US markets are propped up quite a bit by monsters like Honeywell. Hon is sitting on a cash surplus of approx. 15 billion right now. What they don't tell you is that they are quietly laying people off, and shipping work to India. In the last five years they have built duplicate research centers to some of those in the US and have been steadily ramping up work there and cutting the comparable jobs here. The only thing Cote cares about is the shareholder's opinion since his salary and job security are based entirely on the success of the stock.

Of course Hon is just one of the many, many multi-nationals who are doing this, which is why it has such a huge affect on US markets. They prop up stock prices on stored cash but aren't selling product or conducting any valuable research to extend into future markets.

Combine what with falling oil prices and the outlook is not good. I see oil dropping to around $20 a barrel before this is over. it sounds good when you think about lower gas prices. But it will put a lot of people out of work and the prices wont drop nearly as much as they should. When someone in the middle east farts, the gas prices at the pumps jump forty cents. But when oil prices drop $20 a barrel it takes weeks or months for the prices to show at the pumps and even then its only a few cents on the dollar. Cheap gas is a great thing for commuters, but not for stock markets.

Very interesting. If oil drops down close to $20 or lower per barrel, then the Saudis are in deep ish. They have to earn more than $20 dollars a barrel to make a profit, because it costs $20 to produce a barrel. Then the dollar (the petro dollar) is going to take a hit. Fiat currency will be on par as what is going on in Venezuela. A piece of toast will be worth more than a dollar bill. Perfect storm coming up. Clench your butt cheeks, because were gonna get accosted.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

wooo its getting ugly now that china is back from its lunch break! :/

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

a reply to: maddy21

Oh, very bad. Just checked and the Shanghai SE Composite Index is down 8.45% with a 5 day loss (so far) of 19.59%

Thought we had to wait for September......

It's 19.59% in 5 days, but nearly 39% dropped over the past 10 weeks. Everything China has tried to increase liquidity has been a complete failure.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join