It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slash (Guns N' Roses) on Donald Trump

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I was reading some great news about Slash and Axl, they are friends again. At certain point on the video, Slash was asked about Donald Trump. His answer sounded even more important. That's why I'm posting this on this forum. Way to go Slash.

If you click the source, you'll notice the text ignored that part of the interview.

www.rollingstone.com...
edit on 23-8-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I like Guns and Roses. I like Donald Trump. Two thumbs WAY up!

Not that what Slash thought would change my mind but I do agree with what he said. I think even Trump was/is surprised by how many people are supporting him at this point. I do think he was kind of fooling around at the beginning and it got real serious real quick.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

Care to give a paraphrase of what he actually said?? Instead of a redirect...

You know, just to be polite and all..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Now we know another difference between Slash and Bruce Springsteen. We knew already who's the best guitar player. That wasn't all.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I suppose Slash summed it up best when he said it's "entertaining".

That's Trump. It's "circus" "entertainment".

If that's what you want in a president.......have at it.

I prefer substance.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
What would Slash know!???

He got stoned out of his face, let Axle walk out with all the recording rights, claimed he wouldntt work with Axle again for any amount of money and now they are "friends" again

Slash is a bitch made hippy. I bet Slash he likes Donald since he has daddy issues and likes being taken advantage of by more masculin men.

Come sit on my lap Slash. Ill tell you what to do next LOL.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Judt go to 1:25 om the video. Anyway....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I suppose Slash summed it up best when he said it's "entertaining".

That's Trump. It's "circus" "entertainment".

If that's what you want in a president.......have at it.

I prefer substance.

At least you gotta be honest...., he can't be worse.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Relax, he is just there to make sure Hillary finally gets elected.

Substance you say? Careful what you wish for....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I think you like Josh Groban.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Is interesting to see that for some reason Donald Trumps ideology is been going around and influencing those voters that are within early 30s to mid life adults.

More interesting is that in my neck of the woods this also include many African Americans as I live in southern Ga, I am seen a big shift in opinions about him as a possible president, some comments I heard comes from no only very educated people but also within those of very religious background.

What is with Donald that is so appealing to a wide variety of voters.

Perhaps because his views are what most regular Americans wants to hear? or because the choices of the usual candidates by political parties are the same old same.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

You didn't miss much. Slash was asked about Trump and he basically says it's been a media circus, that Trump is tenacious and people enjoy is no BS attitude, but Slash doesn't say he supports him. When asked who he supports he says it's too early to tell.

So no Trump news here, but the real news is that Slash and Axl are friends again. He was also asked if GNR would reunite but Slash basically said no comment, move on.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

What are about you rambling about? Did you even watch the video? I hope you didn't because if you did your comprehension is lacking.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I think he/she asked what exactly Slash said, not your personal interpretation.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

What are about you rambling about? Did you even watch the video? I hope you didn't because if you did your comprehension is lacking.

Wait wait wait. First of all you picked it with me, for the record. Now, your lack of comprehension of my post is causing you to point at MY comprehension??

Here! I have another knee, Slash, give him some room.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

That's pretty much what Slash said, it's not my interpretation.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Please, tell me what I'm missing here?

Slash is a bitch made hippy. I bet Slash he likes Donald since he has daddy issues and likes being taken advantage of by more masculin men.

What a vulgar post you made but exactly what am I not comprehending?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

The way I see it it's the guys who are Trump's most vocal and outspoken opponents who are the ones with the daddy issues. It's my guess that these are members of the generations who have suffered the most growing up in a fatherless family. Their anger against Trump is a projected rage against the father figure. All the recent U.S. presidents have been muppets worthy of only mild boyish derision.

Perhaps fellow rocker Gene Simmons should join Slash on your lap. But careful what you say though ....he's Jewish.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:18 AM
link   

So, what I got from that interview was that Slash and Axl have buried the hatchet on some things, which is good, and that Slash's personal opinion of Trump can be boiled down to thinking that the hype surrounding him is "quite a circus", and that Trumps appeal is largely down to the fact that he does not come across like another BS politician. He also states that "I don't know if he is president material".

He has no idea who he will be backing come election time, it being too early to tell. So the only important news there is the tiny little segment regarding Slash and Axl being on speaking terms once more. Other than that, Slash studiously and effortlessly managed to say absolutely nothing particularly positive about Trump, and told us that he is not confident that Trump is presidential material.

On the main subject at hand then (screw politics), I think Slash and Axl are going to need some time to work on their friendship before people start blathering on about a reunion GNR tour or gig, or, damn my imagination, another studio album. They need to get used to being around one another and talking regularly, get their lives synched up a little before that even comes into the picture as a concept. Frankly, as fans, I think its our job to give them both the space they need to improve their friendship, and accept that even if no band related benefit comes of it, that the crucial thing is that these two once great pals, get their companionship back as a priority.

Its done neither of them much good to be sitting around with this needle in their guts the whole time.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
He doesn't say he's a fan, he says that people like Trump's straight-forwardness and that his run in entertaining, but he certainly didn't give a ringing endorsement of the guy, and he absolutely did say that he was backing him (or any of the candidates).

But I guess it's notable that he didn't bash Trump, so there's that.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join