It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ISIS - Destroys Temple In Syria's Historic Palmyra

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Another Gas explosion hits the world!
www.ocregister.com...

Islamic State militants have destroyed a temple at Syria's ancient ruins of Palmyra, activists said Sunday, realizing the worst fears archaeologists had for the 2,000-year-old Roman-era city after the extremists seized it and beheaded a local scholar.

Palmyra, one of the Middle East's most spectacular archaeological sites and a UNESCO World Heritage site, sits near the modern Syrian city of the same name. Activists said the militants used explosives to blow up the Baalshamin Temple on its grounds, the blast so powerful it also damaged some of the Roman columns around it.

en.wikipedia.org...

The god Baal-malage is otherwise unexplained, Baal-saphon here and elsewhere seems to be Ba‘al Hadad, whose home is on Mount Ṣaphon in the Ugaritic texts. But interpreters disagree as to whether these are here three separate gods or three aspects of the same god, a god who causes stormy weather on the sea. In any case inscriptions show that the cult of Ba'al Šamem continued in Tyre from Esarhaddon's day until towards the end of the first millennium BC. In Sanchuniathon's main mythology the god he calls in Greek 'Uranus'/'Sky' has been thought by some to stand for Ba'al Šamem. Sky is here the actual father of Baal Hadad (though Baal Hadad is born after his mother's marriage to Dagon). As in Greek mythology and Hittite mythology, Sky is castrated by his son, who is in turn destined to be opposed by the thunder god. In Sanchuniathon's story Sky also battles Sea; Sky finds himself unable to prevail, so he allies himself with Hadad. In Nabatean texts in Greek, Baal Shamin is regularly equated with Zeus Helios, that is Zeus as a sun-god.

edit on 23-8-2015 by yulka because: (no reason given)

edit on Sun Aug 23 2015 by DontTreadOnMe because: sources added IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
The UN are cowards.

They were all too happy to massacre thousands upon thousands in Iraq & Afghanistan but now there is a real tangible threat destroying Life as we f#ing know it...

Hay bales and crickets.

Psychos.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Barbarians

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
Another Gas explosion hits the world!

Islamic State militants have destroyed a temple at Syria's ancient ruins of Palmyra, activists said Sunday, realizing the worst fears archaeologists had for the 2,000-year-old Roman-era city after the extremists seized it and beheaded a local scholar.

Palmyra, one of the Middle East's most spectacular archaeological sites and a UNESCO World Heritage site, sits near the modern Syrian city of the same name. Activists said the militants used explosives to blow up the Baalshamin Temple on its grounds, the blast so powerful it also damaged some of the Roman columns around it.

The god Baal-malage is otherwise unexplained, Baal-saphon here and elsewhere seems to be Ba‘al Hadad, whose home is on Mount Ṣaphon in the Ugaritic texts. But interpreters disagree as to whether these are here three separate gods or three aspects of the same god, a god who causes stormy weather on the sea. In any case inscriptions show that the cult of Ba'al Šamem continued in Tyre from Esarhaddon's day until towards the end of the first millennium BC. In Sanchuniathon's main mythology the god he calls in Greek 'Uranus'/'Sky' has been thought by some to stand for Ba'al Šamem. Sky is here the actual father of Baal Hadad (though Baal Hadad is born after his mother's marriage to Dagon). As in Greek mythology and Hittite mythology, Sky is castrated by his son, who is in turn destined to be opposed by the thunder god. In Sanchuniathon's story Sky also battles Sea; Sky finds himself unable to prevail, so he allies himself with Hadad. In Nabatean texts in Greek, Baal Shamin is regularly equated with Zeus Helios, that is Zeus as a sun-god.

Yeah, I already started a thread a couple months ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Hey, scrubbing history we don't like is a going trend worldwide these days. In the Middle East, they blow it up. In the US we call it politically incorrect and banish it from the public square.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The UN are cowards.

They were all too happy to massacre thousands upon thousands in Iraq & Afghanistan but now there is a real tangible threat destroying Life as we f#ing know it...

Hay bales and crickets.

Psychos.

It is the Islamic psychos who are blowing things up, why are you blaming the UN? If the UN were fielding an invasion force marching across Syria and Iraq, people like you would be crying and adding the death toll to what you just mentioned in Iraq and Afghanistan. Spinning narratives of how those dieing now are the result of previous Western actions you view as wrong.

Funny how there were no terrorists until they started killing on an unimaginable scale after Obama packed up and left everyone alone.

Get out of the Middle East chants then get back in the Middle East. Which is it?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
The UN are cowards.

Hay bales and crickets.

Psychos.

Get out of the Middle East chants then get back in the Middle East. Which is it?

Get in, where you fit in homie.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

To both TinfoilTP & TechniXcality:

Have you EVER seen the UN march into conflict en masse? I have not. The UN are weak cowards. If the UN really cared, they would have unleashed all their troops in Rwanda, Somalia, Uganda, Syria, Lybia, Tunisia, Egypt, Lebanon, Iraq, Afghanistan, North Korea.
We all pay for this global force, but we never see any results? It's a scheme...a fraud in my opinion.

edit on KSun, 23 Aug 2015 22:36:20 -0500pm3120152040 by Kratos40 because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Kratos40

Oh I hate the U.N just as much as the next bloke, I was just taunting tin a little because he flips scripts to prove points sometimes, and I don't understand why.. As for me I'm conservative on some issues and liberal on others, but I know Tin hates the U.N too, and just making a point against Charlie, which by the way is a good guy no matter what his religion is. Anyway just thought id inform ya where I was coming from.
edit on 23-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Who cares they don't tell us the truth about humanities past anyway.

What did Trump say anyway?
edit on 8/23/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Oh I hate the U.N just as much as the next bloke, I was just taunting tin a little because he flips scripts to prove points sometimes, and I don't understand why.. As for me I'm conservative on some issues and liberal on others, but I know Tin hates the U.N too, and just making a point against Charlie, which by the way is a good guy no matter what his religion is. Anyway just thought id inform ya where I was coming from.

So one should hate on the UN to give rampaging Islamic psychos a free pass?

The UN will screw things up every time, but first they have to get in the ring.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ok, the first statement assumes that the U.N is capable of making a notable difference regarding the Middle East, or for that matter anywhere. You and I both know that's bull#.

The next statement is I implying that we place our bets on a looser; that the U.N get in the ring , it reminds me of kimbo slice, he got in the mma ring and got his ass handed to him, so why would we then put our money on an organization that is fundamentally flawed,knowing such a thing is foolish?

Are you really disagreeing With Charlie? who is showing disdain for a fundamentally flawed organization , or truly agreeing with him?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Ok, the first statement assumes that the U.N is capable of making a notable difference regarding the Middle East, or for that matter anywhere. You and I both know that's bull#.

The next statement is I implying that we place our bets on a looser; that the U.N get in the ring , it reminds me of kimbo slice, he got in the mma ring and got his ass handed to him, so why would we then put our money on an organization that is fundamentally flawed,knowing such a thing is foolish?

Are you really disagreeing With Charlie? who is showing disdain for a fundamentally flawed organization , or truly agreeing with him?

My position, blame lies with the ones demolishing the heritage sites, they control the ground, choose the targets, plant the explosives and make things go boom.

We can blame the UN, Putin, the New York State athletics board, or whatever else your tastes dislike, but they have nothing to do with it no matter how flawed anyone thinks they are.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Bwhahaha at least it was Roman architecture. Almost actually makes me believe it this time.

The "lets invade Syria" is music to my ears. Better now than waiting for another false strike, I mean terrorist flag...ugh. Terrorist strike.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Yeah well, you must be Nostradamus. I heard you loud and clear, even offered a strategy back in May. Over 3 months to set up a honey trap yet fail. Maybe they should make me general.

originally posted by: Legman
a reply to: Rosinitiate

More or less, but that earth has seen a lot of battles in the last 2000 years.

Isis will indeed doze these relics if given the chance. Pretty sickening.

Well than you'd think they make for an easy target, you know being out in the open, being predictable and all. I suppose they'll head over to their hotel in Baghdad when they're done. Come to think of it, why not build a shrine to ISIS in Syria next to these ruins?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Some well many think i am a conspiracy nut.. I have read this atrocity and the murder of the great man Khaled al-Asaad who uncovered truths from our past and think they are trying to control and rewrite the past in their own ideals. The less historic evidence we have about how our Antediluvians lived will suffocate our progression.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tankgirlkittykaz

uhm, you always rewrite when you win.

The meaning of the flood is not literally "flooding"

Columbus discovered America, Edison lightbulb, Da Vinci Man, list goes on and on and on.

You want a conspiracy, ever seen a time lord

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
Funny how there were no terrorists until they started killing on an unimaginable scale after Obama packed up and left everyone alone.

What???

no terrorists?

Did you time shift from an alternate dimension where reality was all roses and fluffy bunnies? Is New Zealand still on the right side of Australia?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Bwhahaha at least it was Roman architecture. Almost actually makes me believe it this time.

The "lets invade Syria" is music to my ears. Better now than waiting for another false strike, I mean terrorist flag...ugh. Terrorist strike.

I get a bad taste in my mouth when I read things like this. It reminds me that there are people out there who have zero ability to think for themselves.

Somehow everything going on in the middle east is a false flag, there are no bad guys, we're all safe it's the government we must fear, they want to turn us into food for soldiers to fight wars with the xemu aliens from scientology which were real all this time living on the dark side of the moon in huge dc-10 bunkers.

False this, flag that, as long as you smile and point at people yelling "Schleeeeeep" it will all be ok.

islam doesnt even exist, it's a hologram. Oo
edit on 24-8-2015 by sn0rch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Hmmm, big coincidense that every ME nation that has been invaded has had their museums looted, pillaged, or just outright decimated. Seems like a reoccurring theme. Library of Alexandria V9.0. Wouldn't want any profound revelations of origin surface on the interwebs.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join