It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video. man arrested and choked for saying f### the police

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
I think some of you are missing the point of the real issue. You can act a fool and run your mouth all you want. You have rights. You may be breaking other laws while exercising those rights. The issue is the cop lost his cool over a smart mouthed kid and did harass with intent to alarm the kid to control him.

That cop had no business putting his hands on his throat what so ever.
absolutely correct, the cop got his feeling's hurt...boo effing hoo.

edit on 24-8-2015 by TWILITE22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

All three were in the wrong if the LEO who arrested him was doing so for what he said (although it sounds like he explains that he's arresting him for doing damage to someone's property by jumping up and down on it?...hard to make out what he's saying); and the kid was in the wrong because he's just a rude, mouthy, punk-@$$ who was resisting when he was being told to get into the police cruiser; the LEO who choked him could have easily done something different in order to get him to comply.

The biggest problem, IMO, is the cameraman, who was getting in the way of the police conducting their official business (when arresting the rude kid) and then for seemingly trying to incite panic when he was ignorantly screaming, "Someone's gonna get shot," repeatedly. Truth be told, he's lucky that the LEOs didn't take those words as a threat, implying he was going to shoot at them.

This is video of how absolutely cluster-effed our society has become. Everyone in this video is at fault for what happened.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This happened about 2 miles away from me. The cops may not have liked what the kid was saying but they definitely had no reason to arrest him for it let alone put their hands around his throat.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
From what i see, the kid was trying to calm the situation by walking away. Note the cop did not chase him but casually walked behind him. He was hoping the kid did something. He wanted a fight.

Freedom of speech. Kid said his piece and tried to leave. That cop was harassing him instead of just taking him into custody. I call that baiting and entrapment.

I completely agree, very good point

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   

No, we don't get protected equal rights and protected speech. Officers of the law are too sensitive, like little schoolgirls, to handle an insult. They are supposed to be better trained, better equipped, and mentally hardened for things like name-calling and physical assaults. But as it turns out most of them actually handle these situations WORSE than most people. Its a national disgrace.

If anything assaulting a cop should carry a lesser charge because they are supposed to be trained and ready to handle that. But instead, the world is upside down and rather than having serious extra charges for attacking the elderly, the disabled, and the poor (or even better, equal rights and equal charges for equal crimes) we have a US system where officers get super special punishments for people who attack them. This is stupid.

When cops think "one of us" means one of their community like the poor in their neighborhood, then we won't have these problems anymore.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I agree, the kid was being an idiot by not exercising manners and displaying a lack of social grace despite it is his constitutional right to do so, yet the cops were being idiots as well. American police seem to demonstrate over and over again a very thin skin, or a lack of composure, along with over inflated egos and stomachs. Sheesh! Isn't there mandatory yearly physical testing for officers in the States? I personally couldn't help observing while in the States how many more cops appear to be so grossly out of shape than those who are in shape. Also, you have a lot of old dudes on the force walking the beat as well - grumpy old men with guns can be a bad mixture.

When people see moments like this play out over and over again one is left with the understanding to why crime remains rampant in the States and why there is poor relations between the public and police in the States. They use their resources and abuse their authority over trivial matters. They also display many times over and over gross incompetence.

Now, to be fair, most police do their job with moral conviction and integrity, yet, that does make the cases where they display stupid behaviour over and over again in the States acceptable. The reason why it is not acceptable is because the cases where they do display incompetent, narcissistic, and abusive actions, far outweigh any other first world nation by a long shot.

Here are just a FEW examples why some people tend to possess the attitude of "F# the police" within the good ol' U.S of A, despite the fact most police are good.

Virginia cops cuss at, pepper-spray, taser, pulls out of car by manhandling, and places man face down onto pavement as he was suffering from a STROKE.

In the video below, you will witness a man suffering from a STROKE as he is behind the wheel, to which he ends up stopped in the middle of traffic and causing a traffic jam. In any other first world nation this would be assessed as a medical emergency and proper protocol would be enacted by providing medical aid.

In this next video: a man took break from his work to pick up his children from a school program held in a commercial building. He arrived a few minutes early, and therefore, for obvious reasons, did what we would all do; he waited within the public concourse for his children to be let out. Now, the video speaks for itself to how the police can rob someone of their currency of life by abusing him IN FRONT OF HIS CHILDREN (tasered and manhandled him) and also arrested him, thus he was not able to get back to his job to which he took his break from to pick up his children from the educational program.

Now, at the 1:58 mark, is the part I find really heartbreaking and distressing, due to the human element involved. As they have him up against the wall, his children appear, and he desperately implores them to stop and assess the situation by stating; "Please! My kids are right there!" Yet, they continued on like a runaway freight train.

Now, any well trained officer with a basic I.Q, along with a pinch of compassion, and simple understanding, would of stepped back and understood that the man they were accosting and harassing was indeed telling the truth after all, and that the person who called him in did so because of racial profiling.

Also, anybody with half a brain here can easily spot racism on the cops part in this situation (if you cannot, please drop me a line and I will gladly point out certain subtle body and verbal language used by the officers in this video).

Most Americans are cool, but you guys live in one of THEE most racist lands on this planet, and therefore, despite most police officers being good, still have much racist cops on the payroll.

Despite most police being good in the states, the police culture in the U.S is severely dysfunctional and an embarrassment to other first world nation police forces. Please do not confuse "police culture" with "police officers". I can post videos all day long that will make many cop apologist lose their tongues. The videos I will post have no counter argument - it is impossible to push back the goal post on these ones. They speak for itself. Again, "the police culture", among many other things within the States, is below par when weighed from a first world nation perspective.

Again:

MOST police do their job with moral conviction and integrity, yet that does make the cases where they display stupid behaviour, over and over again, within the States - acceptable. The reason why it is not acceptable is because the cases where they do display incompetent, narcissistic, abusive actions, far outweigh any other first world nation by a long shot.

...and this why many people, including grown adults, not just punks like in the OP video, silently walk around with the mentality and attitude of "F# the police" within the U.S. Here is one more to let it sink in:

Fully Nude Strip Search by Cops: Male Police Stripping Woman Completely Naked

Listen to her screaming. F'n hell, man!!! And get this: SHE was the one who placed the initial call to them...

Oh, what the hay. Here is one more video for good measure that shows why some people may possess a "f# the police attitude in the States".

Male officer walks into a woman's home and arrest her while she is naked IN FRONT OF HER DAUGHTER and then places her on the couch BUCK NAKED and interrogates her IN FRONT OF HER DAUGHTER.

Again, the POLICE CULTURE in the States is royally f'd up, despite the fact MOST officers are good.

@ 1:40 mark is just unbelievable. Unreal!

Btw, these cases presented here in my post is what the global community focuses more on than your shootings and police brutality. To focus only on the police shootings and brutality is the media's (and cop apologist) smoke and mirror tool. It leads to endless debate on both sides.

The above, however, shows the world more about the U.S Police culture.

edit on 24-8-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
With today's political climate I'd say that kid has a slam dunk lawsuit.
He'll be rich at taxpayers expense just because some cop couldn't help but choke the kid.
Something's wrong with both parts of that story, but I would bet anything that's how it turns out.
Yah, cop loses job too - and rightfully so.

And I'm beginning to wonder if indeed the lawsuits might not be what its all about.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I saw the "Straight Out of Compton" movie yesterday. The police brutality scenes were hard to watch. My wife turned and asked me, "Do police in California really treat people like that!?" I responded with, "Remember Rodney King?". That answered her question.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And I'm beginning to wonder if indeed the lawsuits might not be what its all about.

If lawsuits is what this particular case is about than the police in the OP video are even more stupid than previously perceived. They got played by their own ego.

Gotta love this one: DashCam Off Duty Cop gets stopped for speeding and fights with fellow officer.

*Please note the off duty officers words and attitude concerning the topic of abiding by the law.

How does someone with that kind of mentality and character allowed to be an officer in the States?

Can somebody show me where this s# (conversation) happens in other first world nations between two officers?

Please pay close attention the actual dialogue between the two and one may begin to get an idea of how messed up the police culture is in the States.

Also, how the hell do these two porky characters pass yearly physicals with physiques like that?

"Dem good ol' boys got hot butter for your soul".

Jeezus Christmas America!

edit on 24-8-2015 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo
I though we had this little thing called freedom of speech in this country.. Undercover cops are standing around (for whatever reason)

I am opposed to police brutality...but I gotta stop you right there for the sake of my BS meter..

" Undercover cops are standing around (for whatever reason)"

See...you seem to have skipped a part...What were the cops there for?

It is entirely possible this kid was arrested for a perfectly justifiable reason...he could have been dealing 5 minutes before the video started?

What is the full story...Notice the squad car had it's lights already going? And they had already called for back-up?

Now...the hands around the neck hold to try and get him into the squad car wasn't the best choice for visuals...but he obviously wasn't squeezing either or the kids wouldn't have kept yelling through the hold?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

I dont know. But its pretty obvious a bunch of undercover cop were not there to arrest unruley rude kids.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

I dont know. But its pretty obvious a bunch of undercover cop were not there to arrest unruley rude kids.

Exactly...So what were those kids doing before the Undercover Cops confronted them and the kids started shouting "eff the police" and "Ni**" this and that etc?

Those kids were working hard to incite conflict.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Exactly...So what were those kids doing before the Undercover Cops confronted them and the kids started shouting "eff the police" and "Ni**" this and that etc?

Those kids were working hard to incite conflict.

I get it, the kid is an idiot, if had not said anything and just minded his own business he would not have been effed with.

So by exercising his constitutional right to be a complete jackass and say whatever he wants he got arrested.

I may not like what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it..

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Sure th kid was an idiot, BUT GOD DAMMIT THIS IS AMERICA, and saying eff the police is in no way illegal. It is all in this document called the CONSTITUTION that these cops seem to think is toilet paper.

#facepunch
(for saying "this is America")

This isn't America anymore, it hasn't been for a long time. Yes you should be outraged by a lot of what is happening. But you need to stop wasting your energy with outrage and focus on preparing yourself for what is coming.

Time to accept that this is no longer America. We are no longer "land of the free."

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

These lowlife losers yelling at the cops aren't worthy of having their rights defended. All these morons need to get a job or go to school. The cops are the least of these nerdowells concerns.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: hammanderr

These lowlife losers yelling at the cops aren't worthy of having their rights defended. All these morons need to get a job or go to school. The cops are the least of these nerdowells concerns.

...These kids were looking for a youtube moment..

...Sticking their phones in the cops faces..

...Shouting "eff the police" and "N*" this and that..

...We don't know why the cops were there in the first place..

...They gang rushed the squad car screaming "someone's goin' to get shot!!"" over and over...and a little too excitedly..

...the Kid that was resisting arrest? that was not chocking...when someone chokes you, your face turns purple and you can't keep yelling and spitting etc. That was the cop keeping a hold of the kid and get his head into the police car..

These kids are stupid and no one got beaten, shot or anything else...those cops showed amazing calm and restraint IMO..

And I have a long string of posts calling fro convictions etc. in other police "abuse" OPs on ATS...so no..I am not defending Police Brutality, I just don't see it in this video.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Your title completely disagrees with the video...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
The OPs title is misleading... Did any of you even watch the video? Here is a direct quote from the officer:

"Arrest this man for disorderly conduct, walking in traffic in the street, jumping up and down." -Officer

Here is a neat fact...

If a jaywalker disrupts traffic, he or she may also face disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace charges. - See more at: traffic.findlaw.com...

If you are going to insult the police to their face, by all means, try not to break any laws while you do so, or they will use the law against you.

This guy didn't get arrested for mouthing off, that just happens to be what he did before illegally walking in traffic.

Another idiot put in his place...
edit on 25-8-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-8-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Why is it that the police in the US seem to instigate trouble.

Yea yea, its not all the cops. But all these videos coming out show its something that happens every day, multiple times every day.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne
The OPs title is misleading... Did any of you even watch the video? Here is a direct quote from the officer:

"Arrest this man for disorderly conduct, walking in traffic in the street, jumping up and down." -Officer

Here is a neat fact...

If a jaywalker disrupts traffic, he or she may also face disorderly conduct or disturbing the peace charges. - See more at: traffic.findlaw.com...

If you are going to insult the police to their face, by all means, try not to break any laws while you do so, or they will use the law against you.

This guy didn't get arrested for mouthing off, that just happens to be what he did before illegally walking in traffic.

Another idiot put in his place...

Oh come on now, he was hardly "walking in traffic".

That law is for people actually walking around on the road when there actually is traffic and they are causing a danger.
edit on 25-8-2015 by Nexttimemaybe because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join