It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video. man arrested and choked for saying f### the police

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

I'm sorry but who cares about this crap. Not even news worthy.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
Don’t matter. He was subdued. If I was to put my hands on someone’s throat, I would get charged with a class a misdemeanor harassment, at the least.

At the least!!? That is called assault in the US.

Assault in many US jurisdictions[which?] and Scotland is defined more broadly still as any intentional physical contact with another person without their consent.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: hknudzkknexnt

But your feelings on it are?

When people get arrested for talking. it is news worthy..
edit on 23-8-2015 by alienjuggalo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

I do, we need to show it when it happens.

Cops can't just do as they please, that is not the point of having them.

Why don't you think it is news worth?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: hknudzkknexnt

I do, we need to show it when it happens.

Cops can't just do as they please, that is not the point of having them.

Why don't you think it is news worth?

Their trolling the thread and trying to make thread drift, best for us readers to ignore that post,
and that poster, to ignore the thread..

ABUSE of power as in this case is what this sub-section is for, and I say it is clearly
abuse of power..
edit on 23-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

I say at the least because, you have to be harmed to claim assault. Bruises abrasions what have you. But you only have to claim to be scared to press harassment charges.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
i am not saying the cop was in the right , but lets face it he would have got a lot worse if he had spoken like that to some bikers or a group of gang members .

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

It is news worthy when we are seeing an element of the police force acting like school yard bullies...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: eNumbra

The kid got put under arrest for what he said, that is what is on video.

Maybe, maybe not. Disorderly conduct is a catch-all for people behaving in an anti-social manner, but there's a lot in and outside of this video - the cameraman has a right to record the police and the police have a right to maintain a safe distance while conducting their business (just or not). Cameraman should certainly have been arrested for the end of the video

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I say at the least because, you have to be harmed to claim assault. Bruises abrasions what have you. But you only have to claim to be scared to press harassment charges.

The cop grabbed his throat and I would not be surprised the guy getting arrested had hand marks on him..
The cop can get away with it because he is going to claim the guy was then 'resisting arrest'..

No reason the officer could not of pushed down the guys head to get him, in other then grabbing his throat...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tom.farnhill
i am not saying the cop was in the right , but lets face it he would have got a lot worse if he had spoken like that to some bikers or a group of gang members .

Agreed but bikers or gang members are not paid by the government to keep the peace,they are criminal gangs and we would expect them to retaliate in a lawless way the police on the other hand i would expect to act professionally as that is what they are supposed to be professionals

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: starfoxxx

The cop grabbed his throat and I would not be surprised the guy getting arrested had hand marks on him..
The cop can get away with it because he is going to claim the guy was then 'resisting arrest'..

No reason the officer could not of pushed down the guys head to get him, in other then grabbing his throat...

I dont think he could claim resisting arrest. Though maybe. I can see both sides of the coin. He was already cuffed and being stuffed, at that point he was arrested. I guess I can see resisting.

That aside, I totally agree with you. There was a minute risk to the officer at that point. He did not need to act the way he did.

Edit: Probably making a point to the other onlookers that were rushing the squad car. (Cartman Voice) "Respect My Authoritiiiiii"
edit on 8/23/2015 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

link   

Kid must have just watched the movie : straight outta compton

link   

So is that where you've arrived at as a citizen? You're to the point where you do not care nor think it newsworthy when an officer restrains, assaults, and then kidnaps a fellow citizen?

I think your lack of interest is newsworthy.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Looks like public intoxication is at issue here and also, as stated prior to arrest, walking aimlessly in traffic and also creating a public disturbance.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   

(BUT) says it all

He would of gotten it even worse if he told Kim jong UN from N. korea to go f*** himself...

Means nothing in context of what happened here..
i'd go as far to say THAT IS WHAT THE police here ARE gang members and they wear blue
all them, have a badge, gun, and do what they want without regard.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think some of you are missing the point of the real issue. You can act a fool and run your mouth all you want. You have rights. You may be breaking other laws while exercising those rights. The issue is the cop lost his cool over a smart mouthed kid and did harass with intent to alarm the kid to control him.

That cop had no business putting his hands on his throat what so ever.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Nothing wrong with that arrest. There are laws against creating a public disturbance. Just because you are swarthy does not mean other want to see or hear it.

link   

originally posted by: Harvin

Looks like public intoxication is at issue here and also, as stated prior to arrest, walking aimlessly in traffic and also creating a public disturbance.

LOL so in other words TALKING..

link   

If that was the police in the black shirt or anyone else for that matter, they have a right to video record people in public places. Just like witnesses have a right to video the police in public.

As far as this situation goes, I think they both escalated it. If I walked up to anyone on the street and said FU, I think anyone would get annoyed and some would probably physically lash out. If we allow anyone to disrespect authority or call anyone names we end up crossing the line of civility and decorum. As a retired high school teacher in an inner-city school, I saw this play out on a daily basis. Our youth have lost respect for their parents, teachers, police, and even the average stranger on the street.

The kid could have easily and quietly walk away, and the police officer should have had more restraint or tried to calm the kid down. Heck, the last thing we need is to have more people in prison for reasons that are not a direct physical threat to the public.

If we lose respect for one another, humanity is in big trouble. Respect is a two way street.

edit on 23-8-2015 by WeRpeons because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join