It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

video. man arrested and choked for saying f### the police

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I though we had this little thing called freedom of speech in this country.. Undercover cops are standing around (for whatever reason) one of them is so into doing his job that he is filming the guy filming this. When a stupid kid comes up saying F### the police, which is totally legal.

After hearing this a butthurt cop comes and tells him he is going to get arrested if he keeps it up. So the kid walks away still talking but he is leaving.

Not good enough for the cop he follows him, cuffs him(without incident) and starts to put him in the cruiser when the kid starts saying EFF the police again so of course the cop strangles him, and throws him in the car..

Sure th kid was an idiot, BUT GOD DAMMIT THIS IS AMERICA, and saying eff the police is in no way illegal. It is all in this document called the CONSTITUTION that these cops seem to think is toilet paper.

I would have fought alot harder than this kid when they tried to arrest me for TALKING..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I'd be lying if I said it surprised me in the least. More and more precincts around the US are making body cams mandatory. Its no wonder people say eff the police, look at all the unnecessary violence they dish out.

If this was a true event and not some made up youtube video, kids got an open and shut case.
edit on 8/23/2015 by shaneslaughta because: extra US

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: alienjuggalo

These cops are bullies and nothing more. They ESCALATED the situation beyond all reason. There's something about their egos that cannot handle hearing what some people think of them.

Ridiculous!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
It's hard to yell if you're actually being choked.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

How times have changed. These days disrespect will get you shot and arrested and it's up to YOU to find your own defense (or pay for your own funeral) showing how your constitutional rights have been violated.

You're right. It's protected speech.

Reminds me of the time a cop pulled someone over ON a school cross walk and I walked between the cars. He told me "Go AROUND the car," and I was like "I DID go around it because I didn't walk THROUGH it," followed that with an F you expletive Pig.

You OP is prime example of the problem with cops and their egos these days.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1

Its obvious he is trying to choke him.. cmon.. It doesnt matter anyway because he should not be getting arrested period..

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

The only reason you place your hands around someone throat is to control them with fear of suffocation or to kill them.

Kid was cuffed and was pretty much harmless at that point. Cop had options like grabbing his shoulders or his arms.

He chose to strike at the throat to intimidate. Pansie

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienjuggalo

Its obvious he is trying to choke him.. cmon.. It doesnt matter anyway because he should not be getting arrested period..

TRUMPED up charge of disorderly conduct, it'll get thrown out of court..
EXCEPT now they can say he was resisting arrest..
He should of just let them take him at that point instead of
feeding the trolls. He let them get to him which is what
they wanted...

link   

That was pretty dumb for the kid to put himself in harms way like that...in saying that the cops did over react and should harden up.....sticks and stones an all

link   

It looked like that to me at first, but I don't think he was trying to choke him. That's the easiest area to grab if you're trying to get someone in a car and they're not going. If he was choking him the guy wouldn't have been able to keep screaming, and he wouldn't have had to try very hard considering dude was handcuffed.

I don't know enough about the situation to say if the guy should have been arrested, but I'm thinking probably not.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
With today's political climate I'd say that kid has a slam dunk lawsuit.
He'll be rich at taxpayers expense just because some cop couldn't help but choke the kid.
Something's wrong with both parts of that story, but I would bet anything that's how it turns out.
Yah, cop loses job too - and rightfully so.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   
From what i see, the kid was trying to calm the situation by walking away. Note the cop did not chase him but casually walked behind him. He was hoping the kid did something. He wanted a fight.

Freedom of speech. Kid said his piece and tried to leave. That cop was harassing him instead of just taking him into custody. I call that baiting and entrapment.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:02 PM
link   

It looked like that to me at first, but I don't think he was trying to choke him. That's the easiest area to grab if you're trying to get someone in a car and they're not going. If he was choking him the guy wouldn't have been able to keep screaming, and he wouldn't have had to try very hard considering dude was handcuffed.

I don't know enough about the situation to say if the guy should have been arrested, but I'm thinking probably not.

Many types of unruly conduct may fit the definition of disorderly conduct, as such statutes are often used as "catch-all" crimes. Police may use a disorderly conduct charge to keep the peace when people are behaving in a disruptive manner to themselves or others, but otherwise present no danger.

en.wikipedia.org...

It is a catch all trump charge.. No way should the guy been arrested under disorderly conduct.
I agree with you that the cop was not actually choking him..

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

He should of just let them take him at that point instead of feeding the trolls.

You are correct, and that statement is a huge problem.
A little bit of an exaggeration sure, but it seems now a days if a cop wants to arrest you, he can and will.
And you have little choice but to follow along or risk catching a resisting charge, which may have a chance to stick.

I think cops need stricter punishments if they arrest someone and then a judge looks at it and just throws it out.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: shaneslaughta

I call that baiting and entrapment.

It certainly isn't entrapment. I wouldn't call it baiting either, perhaps giving someone enough rope to hang themselves.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: shaneslaughta
From what i see, the kid was trying to calm the situation by walking away. Note the cop did not chase him but casually walked behind him. He was hoping the kid did something. He wanted a fight.

Freedom of speech. Kid said his piece and tried to leave. That cop was harassing him instead of just taking him into custody. I call that baiting and entrapment.

That is exactly what the cop was doing, (maybe not entrapping him) but
escalating the attitude and tactics with the guy to get him to go off, and in those situations even if you are in the right,
your in a no win situation with the cop. The cop knew he could get under the guys skin
and provoked him. It worked.. Shut up from the time they question you and lawyer up as soon as they arrest you.
edit on 23-8-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Don’t matter. He was subdued. If I was to put my hands on someone’s throat, I would get charged with a class a misdemeanor harassment, at the least.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Seems pretty obvious there's more to what happened there than this video shows. Why is black shirt & shorts recording in the first place?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Right, maybe entrapment is the wrong phrase. He was baiting him, toying with a persons mind in such a way to provoke a response is baiting.

Instead of an internet troll, we have a troll with a badge.

More over, not the behaviour I expect from those who my tax dollars pay, "To Protect And Serve"!
edit on 8/23/2015 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: eNumbra

Would it change anything?

The kid got put under arrest for what he said, that is what is on video.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join