It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Genetics, Evolution and the Creationist Conspiracy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
Considering the subject matter and the perspective of its author - this whole thread seems remarkably thin on actual science. It seems more like a promotion of the faith of Scientism by means of attacking its more traditional counterparts.

Funny I read these preachy science threads and seem more attracted to creationism than science.
It does seem remarkably thin on science and the op opening statement was nothing but TV evangelist preachy.

Is this what the science of evolution is now, point scoring on the internet between fan boys, anything but science in the real world.

Are you serious? Did you even read the whole OP? It's far more than preaching, it's talking about actual evidence and facts and counters many creationist claims. Creationists constantly attack science, so they get attention. Sorry but there is no justification for science denial in 2015. It's time we grow up. People like you truly hate science with a passion, and I just don't get it. Isn't part of your world view about empathy and understanding? Do you not use science and technology in your daily life? So all science is correct except evil-ution right?
edit on 24-8-2015 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Is this what the science of evolution is now, point scoring on the internet between fan boys, anything but science in the real world.

When did I say I was a scientist?

When did I say I was going to post a hardcore academically motivated scientific piece?

Seems to me I was quite clear in all my statements that I am not a scientist myself, merely a former creationist and that if people want to learn about the actual work that goes on in the field they can contact the scientists themselves or look at actual scientific papers on Google Scholar.

I find it funny when people's ONLY objection is to psychoanalyze someone else and they don't actually say anything of substance... perhaps you missed the things of substance I brought up - Genetics, the fossil record, morphology, behavior, artificial selection, cross referenced dating techniques, etc.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RaggedymanI think you've pretty much nailed it.

I've personally never felt any aggression by religious people trying to push their beliefs, but militant atheism seems almost impossible to avoid. Its methods of propagation seem to be primarily based around the attack of its designated enemies, rather than using the cold hard reason of science that they claim is the very basis of their enlightenment.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Please understand what I said
It was preachy

Maybe to you refuting creationism is science but it is just a yelp of a dog trying to sound tough

Go read it again, the op was scientific preaching.

It shames me when people have to preach science like the op did

Shames me and others who have said similar to what I am saying here and now

Now bards don't you start preaching at me

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Titen-Sxull

When did I say I was a scientist?

When did I say I was going to post a hardcore academically motivated scientific piece?

Seems to me I was quite clear in all my statements that I am not a scientist myself, merely a former creationist and that if people want to learn about the actual work that goes on in the field they can contact the scientists themselves or look at actual scientific papers on Google Scholar.

I find it funny when people's ONLY objection is to psychoanalyze someone else and they don't actually say anything of substance... perhaps you missed the things of substance I brought up - Genetics, the fossil record, morphology, behavior, artificial selection, cross referenced dating techniques, etc.

Thanks for the reply

I only wanted to say you sounded preachy, maybe given your religious background its part of your genetic make up now.
Yes new studies show that it could possibly be a dna issue

I wasn't psyching you, just pointing out you were preachy

Barcs thinks you are a scientist of note judging by the bulldog type defense he has shown for you. Hope that gives you some indication of why I see you as preachy

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Robert Reynolds
a reply to: RaggedymanI think you've pretty much nailed it.

I've personally never felt any aggression by religious people trying to push their beliefs, but militant atheism seems almost impossible to avoid. Its methods of propagation seem to be primarily based around the attack of its designated enemies, rather than using the cold hard reason of science that they claim is the very basis of their enlightenment.

Sadly rob I think there are some disgusting creationists out there that do make those beliefs a joke, deserving of the ridicule it gets.
On this site even, Christians by name, definetly not by nature.
I would think your feelings of unwarranted aggression are based on sheer numbers of the proponents to the opposing secular belief.
But as to no feelings of aggression by your supporters, no surprise really?

The true fear is the vested emotions that each camp has, no wait, the religious should have an emotional attachment to their beliefs.
I wonder why such an emotional investment into science. I love math, I am not in love with math.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I'm sorry what? scientific preaching? poppycock.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: PresidentHeston
Creating threads like this gives undue attention to absurd creationist claims which on merit do not deserve even a canned a laughter track devoted to them.

R e l i g i o u $
e
t
a
r
d
a

i
o
n

So if I was to say all evolutionists are retarded would that be a scientific statement?

Or would that be a statement based on an opinion, layman to knowledge

We should work out a baseline for preaching and retardedness, personally I would be inclined to think that a person who calls someone, some group of people, retards, probably needs lots of emotional help

Dare I say a person who calls another a retard is themselves a

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'll do some scientific preaching...

the god of evolution is creation...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I'm sorry what? scientific preaching? poppycock.

Touché, bettered by the word poppycock, your word smithing is nigh on brilliant.
A master in wit and intelligencia

Best I bow out now before I am battered by other words like bowler hat and snuff, or suffer preaching by emotionally vested scientists who speak words from the 18th century to sound off

Please be welcomed to your beliefs, left or right

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Yeah, back on topic. Fancy getting specific with what you contest from a scientific standpoint in the OP? Or are you going to continue doing the online discussion forum equivalent of saying "nuh uh you're a poopy head"?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

originally posted by: 5StarOracle
It is Creation which allows for any evolution to take place...

Let's see nothing evolve into anything...

that would not even be evolution, that would be creation...

evolution as a start of things is therefore laughable...

Figure it out...

Evolution isn't and has never been about where everything came from. So making that kind of argument is what is laughable. Evolution is about how living things change over time. Cosmology is about the beginning of the Universe.

So, not trying to find out what is the mechanisms BEHIND evolution is a waste of time and yet knowing how evolution might work at some point 700 years from now isn't ?

The divide is only growing larger.

I am telling you right now, there is a growing EVOLVING GROUP lets say lol, that does not see ANY relevance or interest in the ways science is going about plodding around like a blind drunk in regards to everything.

And this group knows that things are ALOT more complex than what is being theorized by so-called modern science.

All of the answers are there to be had, and your science will not near any of them, unless by accident, because they are controlled and prodded to look the other way oh so many times.

AND NO, we in this group DO NOT believe in the BIBLE or any other dam religions revisions and histories.

It is too bad, that those who believe in evolution as being even remotely interesting or beneficial, in the ways stated, will never see what comes next, they actually LACK the so-called GENES to do so, at least right now they do !

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

You know the vitriolic nature of your posts make me hope you live a good long life, long enough to see and experience the fulfillment of the reality of this scripture coming in the future.

Ezekiel 38:23

‘I’ll show you how great I am, how holy I am. I’ll make myself known all over the world. Then you’ll realize that I am God.’”

edit on 24-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

a reply to: mOjOm

So how does anything evolve from nothing?

If nothing in the universe is eternal or perpetual and all things in the universe have an origin and end then you need creation...

I don't care what name it has something else was needed to kickstart it that is creation...

if evolution was the deciding factor and not creation allowing for it well then your corn could evolve into an ape and then a man I suppose...

They are trying to understand GOD, if we can call it that, the energies that are used to create everything , and claiming that it also does not exist.

This is good stuff, maybe they are evolving!

They actually are not interested in the HOW it all started, only the after, a classic motto of the programmed on this planet.

And they probably believe they can find out if they continue on this path EVERYTHING!

It is almost painful to witness such frustration and effort put into something that looks very futile.

I wish I could explain it better, but they are using cavemen logic along with complex math, and wondering why they never quite find the answers.

I keep wondering what humanity could actually find out if the dampening fields were ripped off......

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: rossacus
a reply to: 5StarOracle

Who created God or did he come from nothing? Would love to hear a simple answer. So you agree with evolution but your struggling to differentiate between creationism (created) and evolution (process).????

Evolution claims a process started somehow, and that the SOMEHOW is irrelevant and likely has no effect on things after the process began.

It wants nothing to do with the harder questions, and so it never gets solid answers to the other questions it asks.

Because of the limited view it uses, it advances EXTREMELY slowly, so slowly I grew bored of it by age 7.

For me, it is never going to get close to anything of real value using this method.

And somehow the scientists are unable to see that they are wasting a lot of time considering and proposing things that will NOT lead to any satisfactory answers.

But I guess they are programmed by EVOLUTION to enjoy this process, well I am NOT.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
So if I was to say all evolutionists are retarded would that be a scientific statement?

Yeah. About as "scientific" as 'miracles' and 'Adam's rib' and as "god-given" as the computer facilitating your communication through the Internet with.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PresidentHeston

Ability will produce results...

those who lack the ability to mimic said results,but can observe them, are left to wonder the how and why...
This to them is therefore miraculous...

To the able one,there is no mystery at all...

Funny how you can find the Fibonacci sequence in most everything in the universe, that includes man made things...
Like computer code...

edit on 24-8-2015 by 5StarOracle because: ...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

So, not trying to find out what is the mechanisms BEHIND evolution is a waste of time and yet knowing how evolution might work at some point 700 years from now isn't ?

No, I didn't say that at all. I just said that Cosmology is about origins not Evolution. Evolution is about things changing not how they got here. Origins of life are thought to be found somewhere in chemistry according to science I believe.

The divide is only growing larger.

I am telling you right now, there is a growing EVOLVING GROUP lets say lol, that does not see ANY relevance or interest in the ways science is going about plodding around like a blind drunk in regards to everything.

And this group knows that things are ALOT more complex than what is being theorized by so-called modern science.

All of the answers are there to be had, and your science will not near any of them, unless by accident, because they are controlled and prodded to look the other way oh so many times.

AND NO, we in this group DO NOT believe in the BIBLE or any other dam religions revisions and histories.

It is too bad, that those who believe in evolution as being even remotely interesting or beneficial, in the ways stated, will never see what comes next, they actually LACK the so-called GENES to do so, at least right now they do !

Well, if you know so much then let's hear it??

If you know it you should be able to show it.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Funny how you can find the Fibonacci sequence in most everything in the universe, that includes man made things...
Like computer code...

There is a very good reason both, logical and backed by scientific, for why that sequence of numbers is found so often.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:52 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I suppose you meant scientifically backed...

I don't care for the supposition opposed to that which is greater than all...

what it really eludes to is code for reality and the confines of all creation...

Evolutionists that can't relate to relation are rather absurd and show hypocrisy anytime a creator is mentioned...

Creation allows for evolution this is factual...

Evolution is not atheism nor could anything evolve without creation for even evolution is in and of itself a form of creation...
the greatest form of flattery is copying...

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join