It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Bakker Urging Followers to Buy Real Estate in Heaven

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: intrepid
I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I thought he was dead, too. Unless maybe he has a son by the same name?

He was in jail FOR FRAUD.

Following a 16-month Federal grand jury probe, Bakker was indicted in 1988 on eight counts of mail fraud, 15 counts of wire fraud and one count of conspiracy.[7][14] In 1989, after a five-week trial which began on August 28 in Charlotte, the jury found him guilty on all 24 counts, and Judge Robert Daniel Potter sentenced him to 45 years in federal prison and a $500,000 fine.[4]:52[15]

He served time in the Federal Medical Center, Rochester, in Rochester, Minnesota, sharing a cell with activist Lyndon LaRouche and skydiver Roger Nelson.[16]

For easiest access ... from Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Moved to Jokes, Puns and Pranks as per OP's request and with thanks to incoserv

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: incoserv
No star, no flag for you, doofus.

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to poke fun at the absurdity of the modern-day news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

This belongs in the JOKES forum, NOT the news forum.

I'm not fan of Bakker, but get your facts straight. Otherwise, you are the one who ends up looking like an idiot.

Quite right - completely missed the satirical nature of het site - mea culpa

It happens.

As I said, I have no place in my heart for Mr. Bakker, but this was so OTT that I figured it had to be satire.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   
The fact that it was believable is the noteworthy thing.

LOL, nearly had a coronary.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

It is Fake.

Content on the Business Standard News web site bears the following disclaimer, indicating that is not intended to be taken seriously:

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to poke fun at the absurdity of the modern-day news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   
If you like that, I've got a lovely Condo on Krypton for sale.

Grab it quick, something tells me it's gonna go fast.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Does a purchase come with tickets to the Master's too?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder if there will be a place where I can hire a Mexican to keep up the yard and perhaps plant a nice rose garden out back and of course clean the pool twice a week.

Wrong Jesus.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Gullible people. These preachers must have taken a page out of the book of radical Islam. Scare the gullible faithful and they will lead a path to your door.

The video of planting your seed was outrageous! These "religious organizations" are preaching to people who can barely make ends meet and they're turning around and buying private jets and million dollar homes. What's wrong with this picture? Anyone with half a brain can figure this is a con game!

Our government grants them tax exemptions and doesn't bother auditing the way they pray on the sick, the old and the gullible to fill their greedy pockets. Yet the average citizen who honestly forgets to claim a couple thousand is immediately audited! Us taxpayers are picking up the slack for these non-exempt organizations who clearly con enough money out of their gullible flock to pay taxes like everyone else. I think it's about time politicians start addressing the tax-exemptions status of religious and charity organizations.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Okay, thanks. I knew he'd been sent to jail but I could have sworn I read something about him dying a few years ago. Weird.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   

I'd hate to end up in a high crime area of heaven, hehe

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Zing! He got off a funny.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SugarCoatedTruth

I just thought of the same thing.