It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Bakker Urging Followers to Buy Real Estate in Heaven

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Bakker has been urging his followers to make monthly $100 donations to ensure they will get a good place to live in heaven.

“I’m urging people to make these regular donations so we can offer up special prayers to guarantee their homes in heaven,” Bakker said. “People need to look at this like a down payment on their heavenly mortgage.”

“Heaven has all kinds of property, ghettos, shacks, apartments, starter homes and mansions,” Bakker said. “Send in your love offering to ensure you have a palatial mansion in heaven. You want to make sure

Jim Bakker Urging Followers to Buy Real Estate in Heaven

Since John Oliver opened Our Lady of Perpetual Exemption, the role of tele-evangalists in ripping off the gullible, unfortunate and vulnerable has gained a bit more attention, to the extent that the IRS has been pressured to investigate them.

so you'd think that het intelligent thing to do might be to keep one's head down and wait for the publicity to blow over before launching a mind-blowingly evil rip off.

But no .....convicted fraudster Jim Bakker is determined to make a buck on heavenly real estate...for merely $100/month you can make sure you don't' end up in a heavenly slum says "Honest Jim".....

Since I am an atheist my response can only be ironic - OH MY GOD!!!!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Oh, I never realized there would be a class system in eternal paradise..

This guy is a moron.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I thought he was dead. His reputation surely is.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   

When stuff like this gets said they should be investigated by the IRS.

This type of scam is horsepucks, but I am sure any sort of real investigation would just be the further proof of religious prosecution by obama

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Like in the other thread, people should be free to be as stupid as they want.

To invite government intervention into scams like this, invites the nanny-state.

Ghetto's in Heaven?

Um, then what would be the point? Heaven is for eternity.

Sounds more like Hell.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   
That sounds great to have a nice place in heaven. I wonder if there will be a place where I can hire a Mexican to keep up the yard and perhaps plant a nice rose garden out back and of course clean the pool twice a week. I'd like to see the heavenly MLS listing if that would be ok.
edit on 23-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Mr. Bakker will need $200 donations for that.................

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   
If it near his future spot then he is most likely selling real estate in hell.

Greed, greed, greed.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I understand that Heaven is a "Gated Community".

Would the Bakkers even be allowed in?

(there are standards)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sounds like I'll end up paying a mortgage when I pass. Which bank would approve my terrible credit?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Sounds a little bit like "Pay us 21% of your income every year for the rest of your life and we won't fine you for not buying health insurance from our buddies"

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
No star, no flag for you.

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to poke fun at the absurdity of the modern-day news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

This belongs in the JOKES forum, NOT the news forum.

I'm not fan of Bakker, but get your facts straight. Otherwise, you are the one who ends up looking like an idiot.I
edit on 2015 8 23 by incoserv because: I could

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I thought the guy died in prison. Wow. He's still alive and also being "active" in my neck of the saguaros in inner city Phoenix.
Too close for comfort. How does this guy have the audacity to ask for money after being convicted for all his other schemes? It's unbelievable and more so if people do actually give him money.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Just an open question for Mr Jim "do you mind" Bakker, Who gave you the right to accept money for heavens real estate?
Just to clear up this mis-understanding Jimmy boy I own the property rights to heaven and the Moon and Mars so all you people selling plots on said planets you owe me money.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
Just an open question for Mr Jim "do you mind" Bakker, Who gave you the right to accept money for heavens real estate?
Just to clear up this mis-understanding Jimmy boy I own the property rights to heaven and the Moon and Mars so all you people selling plots on said planets you owe me money.

Nobody did. He didn't claim to. Again, I am not a fan of Bakker by any stretch, but get it right, people.

Sheesh!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: incoserv
No star, no flag for you, doofus.

The Business Standard News is a satirical site designed to poke fun at the absurdity of the modern-day news cycle. The stories are outlandish, but reality is so strange nowadays they could be true.

I'm not fan of Bakker, but get your facts straight. Otherwise, you are the one who ends up looking like an idiot.

Quite right - completely missed the satirical nature of het site - mea culpa

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I'm glad that I'm not the only one. I thought he was dead, too. Unless maybe he has a son by the same name?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I just ...

What the ...

How in the ...

How does this not cross the line into outright fraud?

Doesn't he send this crap through the US Mail as well?

I'm absolutely for religious freedom under the First Amendment.

Bakker can claim anything he wants ... but surely, there comes a time, when CHRISTIANS themselves must look at this crap and say enough ... isn't there?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aloysius the Gaul

originally posted by: incoserv
No star, no flag for you, doofus.

I'm not fan of Bakker, but get your facts straight. Otherwise, you are the one who ends up looking like an idiot.

Quite right - completely missed the satirical nature of het site - mea culpa

Ok. Well I got fooled. It still made my blood boil. I did a search on him and he is still alive! I thought he died like Abe Vigoda many years ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I've never seen anything in the Bible about Heaven's ghettos. In fact, just the opposite. "In my father's house are many mansions."
edit on 23-8-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join