It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

70% of North Korea’s Submarines have Left their Bases, Can’t be Located

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: yulka

Why would the conquerors and tyrants from pre-Judaic times be of little interest?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: pauljs75
They might actually be up to something. Sending out their subs to look for our subs because of how quickly U.S. subs could hit everything with a battery of tomahawks. They're going to have their work cut out though, as old diesels only have a fraction of speed, endurance, and range of nuclear subs. Only thing they could have going is getting into position and sitting and waiting quietly. Other than having a submerged picket in-place looking for other subs, South Korean harbors would be the other thing they could really go after. But even then newer sonars and magnetic anomaly detectors should be able to fish them out, time to turn on some of the things anchored to the ocean floor along with the comm cables or get a bit more pro-active with aircraft based detection.

You could pack them Subs full of nuclear weapons and use them as self propelled Bombs that could take out any enemy Sub, aircraft carrier, Harbor, City...They don't require Surfacing...you could even scuttle them and just wait for your enemy to approach

Those subs are a greater threat to their own crews than anyone else.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

And NK doesn't have enough functional nukes to start making Kamikaze runs like that.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ancient Champion

looking at it from a realistic perspective :

they are now on limited resources [ fuel , provisions & crew endurance ]

further - thier submerged endurace is limyted too - they have to surface or snorkel AND run thier deosil powerplant

so the little fat womble has to ante up very quickly or they will have to return to port for re-supply / crew change

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

"Fat little womble". You have just coined my absolute favorite KJU nickname ever! Have a sandwich and a cold one. You deserve it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: pfishy

What did I write?

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

You were listing tyrants/conquerors and you said you could go further back, but those would be before the advent of Judaism so they wouldn't be of as much interest.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

a yes, cause they arent in "our" paradigm. *pop*

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: Leonidas

And NK doesn't have enough functional nukes to start making Kamikaze runs like that.

how many do you think it would need???

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Meawhile....back in America....You know, the place WE LIVE????

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

What's your point? After all, the topic revolves around the North Korean (s)ubs and their disposition.
edit on 26/8/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:44 PM
link   

It's pretty presumptious to assume everyone on this site is American.
And N. Korean subs possibly preparing for battle affects Americans, anyway.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Well, if they are planning to detonate them in suicide submarine attacks, then dozens. 1 for each sub. But while they have developed and tested nuclear bombs, their stockpile is almost nonexistent simply because China, among others, keeps a tight noose on their proliferation abilities. They may be allies, but the Chinese government doesn't trust KJU any more than the rest of us. They know he's a deeply paranoid and delusional 'fat little womble' (thanks, ignorant_ape. I love that one).
And what devices they do have are unreliable and pretty low yield. That's not to say they wouldn't be effective against a major port or naval base, but KJU is going to need everything he's got if he uses even one against another nation.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:54 PM
link   

That doesn't make them an invalid comparison

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

the suggestion was that they put 1 on a sub and sail it into Seoul (which IMO the Sub probably couldn't do and certainly couldn't do undetected) - and you said they would need more than 1......my question is how many more do you need than 1 in order to do a kamikaze attack?

Why is 1 kamikaze attack not doable with 1 nuke??

you seem to think that there is some number of kamikaze attacks that you need to be able to do before you can do any kamikaze attacks, or something like that, and I don't understand why you would think that.

1 nuke attack from a submarine on a south Korean port (eg Inchon) would still be devastating and a nuclear attack - whether others were done or not.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

The original comment I was responding to seemed to suggest multiple attacks of this kind. I may have misunderstood. But if it actually occurred as you suggest, it would be smarter to arrange multiple simultaneous attacks, on naval bases as well, in case the response from the rest of the world wasn't nuclear as well. The US has thousands of troops stationed in SK, and they will certainly work to decapitate the NK regime if KJU nuked SK. So crippling as much of the US's ability to project force as possible, i.e. it's navy, would seem like the only way to see another sunrise for him.
Again, assuming that the response isn't to just turn Pyongyang into a glowing hole in the ground.
edit on 26-8-2015 by pfishy because: Squirrels make terrible cartographers.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Most people cant relate to anything outside of their bubble, East, West, South, North. In this bubble its west. Anything outside is just an illusion considered to most

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 07:05 PM
link   

True. A shame, but true. Though, the best way to bring someone out of their bubble is show them something interesting outside of it to look at. In my experience at least.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 11:43 PM
link   

i live in america do i ????????????????????????

wow - just fooking wow

this must be one of those " timeline shifts " that we ckeep getting threads about

hang on - this still looks like the UK and i still have the ruin of a 11th century norman castle on my doorstep

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAA........................

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Have these subs been found yet? I don't understand how there are no stories on these subs returning nor any stories on them being spotted anywhere....not sure about all of them, but some only have a 3 day underwater limit....someone has to know where they are.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join