It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders is a nothing.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I honestly believe that Sanders is different. He's been in politics for quite some time and he is not wealthy or tied to corporate interests. He does work with the unions and that would lend credibility to his stance on workers issues.

However the corruption in unions is not a new thing. The five families dipped their beak in that trough for decades and unionists we not above the odd under the table deal.

Every politician needs to be scrutinized, for good or bad.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

originally posted by: introvert

I honestly believe that Sanders is different. He's been in politics for quite some time and he is not wealthy or tied to corporate interests. He does work with the unions and that would lend credibility to his stance on workers issues.

However the corruption in unions is not a new thing. The five families dipped their beak in that trough for decades.

Every politician needs to be scrutinized, for good or bad.

I agree. We must keep a close eye on politicians. But so far it appears that Bernie has a good record, no signs of corruption and has not bowed to the big-money interests that infest DC.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thank you for the proper terminology there, wasn't sure of the term as I wrote it. But lets face it in Washington when you associate with one of the two political parties you shall be lumped in as part of their crowd. For the record I was not assuming anything from what the op stated, I thought it fell into a failure to articulate all of what they were thinking and no where did I state that is Sanders position. I merely pointed out that in Washington politics Sanders associates with the democrats. In case you haven't noticed they don't always vote along party lines either. It shows a sympathy for that party that in the big "if" he gets elected who will he be wooing for votes to pass his agenda? So much for any difference in politics.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

PS, it's not like the known issues with Unions are unknown or unaddressed:

Union Facts

Because some people have used the Union movement for their own gain does not defeat the idea of collective bargaining in the least.
edit on 12Sun, 23 Aug 2015 12:47:07 -050015p122015866 by Gryphon66 because: are not is

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Still better then trump!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: hangedman13

Trust me, I understand the "all or nothing" approach of American political parties.

The fact that we must choose "the lesser of two evils" is utterly and absolutely insane.

Check out Sanders' voting record and see what you think.

He agrees with the Democrats until he disagrees. Sounds like a good many people.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie
a reply to: gladtobehere

Any politician that promotes change is not to be trusted.

Trump, Clinton, Sanders, Paul, Bush...It's the same old story. They want a change alright-a change that benefits them.

So you're in favor of things staying exactly as they are???

Interesting. Thanks for your honesty.

If the change addresses nothing or creates more problems down the road then exactly what good is the change besides a campaign slogan designed to get a feel good response from true believers who haven't thought through the change. They just know they don't like the current state of things so change sounds good to them.

Basically it goes like this. Here's a problem, here's the change. Sounds reasonable. The problem is the sound bite is accepted and the lazy are happy. They haven't taken the time to think through what was said. The sound bite now forms the arguments. The sound bite or change may lead to more problems. Matters not.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

You gave us an absolute.

I questioned you on it.

Now you're talking about "IFs."

I see you're not really as absolutist in your thought as you seemed.

That was the only point.

But in general, we either change or we die.

Personally, nationally ... at whatever level.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Sanders will change DC ? That's friggin laughable.

Trump 2016

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

PS, it's not like the known issues with Unions are unknown or unaddressed:

Union Facts

Because some people have used the Union movement for their own gain does not defeat the idea of collective bargaining in the least.

Collective bargaining, no shows...it's all good.

The right is no better.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Of course change is needed. Change itself is not the problem. The problem comes from people who don't like the current situation, hear a politician say change and think " great, don't like the current situation and change is the answer". These are the entertainment tonight voters, haven't thought about what the change means, haven't thought about other issues that arise, haven't thought about some prep work that may be required. But shucks change sounds great.

Happens for all true believers of all political leanings.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Trump 2016

That's friggin laughable.

What's your solution...

Trump 2016

Hehe...
Here's a quote from a clever person that may change your thinking...

That's friggin laughable - whyamihere

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Reallyfolks

Of course change is needed. Change itself is not the problem. The problem comes from people who don't like the current situation, hear a politician say change and think " great, don't like the current situation and change is the answer". These are the entertainment tonight voters, haven't thought about what the change means, haven't thought about other issues that arise, haven't thought about some prep work that may be required. But shucks change sounds great.

Happens for all true believers of all political leanings.

So your real concern is with lying politicians, not with change ...

You'll get no disagreement from me on that score.

Where do we find politicians that won't lie if it serves them?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Buddy. That is up there with the meaning of life. Draft like scenario for political candidates, not who is connected and presented? I really wish I knew the answer. I might actually have someone to support.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

originally posted by: whyamIhere

Trump 2016

That's friggin laughable.

What's your solution...

Trump 2016

Hehe...
Here's a quote from a clever person that may change your thinking...

That's friggin laughable - whyamihere

When Trump gets elected.

Charlie might quit insinuating I am stupid. It's not about Trump.

It's about a non-politician that is not totally bought off.

Trump is just the suit.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

I actually insinuated you are smarter than to fall for Trump's bs.

Each to their own.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

It's about a non-politician that is not totally bought off.

Which Trump is not, shoot in his latest speech he said he wants to start taking donations even though he has been against that this whole time.

He did then ask if he could give it to charity, and it seemed his supporters booed at that idea.
Hopefully it was booing at him taking the donations and not the giving to charity remark.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

... not bought off?!?!?

The Donald was seriously discussing only being interviewed when he was paid to do so recently!

(ETA: sorry Sremmos ... great minds and all, etc. )

(Admitedly, he would donate the money to charity after a *ahem* small processing fee ...)

The man has sold his name for every business scheme under the sun!

Remember Trump Mortgage?

How about Trump University?

Holy moley. Are we even talking about the same guy????
edit on 13Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:19:41 -050015p012015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Where do we find politicians that won't lie if it serves them?

That is the 64K question.

There is someone out there that will fit the criteria, but it would take an incredibly strong person to resist the temptations that are thrown at them by people with vested interests.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I love that he claims to be the champion of the people but fly's a damn private 747 around the stadium, that he only half filled after boasting he would fill it all, in some sort of victory laps.

I can really relate to that!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join