It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Explosion at the U.S. military facility in Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:20 AM
link   

but since this is ATS I can't dismiss the possibility of this being intentional.

Uh uh… particularly "because this is ATS" we want to be sure we don't throw any stuff at the wall without some other than our own corroborating evidence.

Thats called rumor mongering and is not befitting this place.

To keeping it real…

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
The attack seems to have hit a gas dump.
Oxygen is rarely stored directly near hydrogen or propane. If it was, it would certainly display like that in an attack. The first time I saw the video, it brought back visions of tanks flying through the air, as in a huge incident that happened in the US homeland years ago. acetylene and oxygen explosions in canister plant.. This incident at the canister plant started rather slowly however, but it really becomes a super set of explosions and a gattling gun of canisters.

I remember that. The footage from there showed individual tanks launching when they cooked off, streaming fire in a long arc as each one flew through the air. They didn't produce the kind of concussions I''m hearing on the audio in Japan, either.

If this had been an industrial facility, maybe we could find an alternative, but its military and the only thing they handle in that kind of destructive quantity is munitions.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Looks like a massive fire broke out at a Steel plant in Tokyo..

The blaze came just hours after a blast ripped through a warehouse at a US military post near Tokyo, sending sparks into the sky and triggering a blaze that burned through the night, although there were no reports of injuries.

Local police declined to speculate on whether there was any link between the two incidents.

No speculation there…

Sending "sparks" (lol), typical Japanese double speak. The footage shows stuff launching all around from the "Post".
edit on 24-8-2015 by intrptr because: spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Military is releasing images of events. The pics surely show gas canisters strewn about. The shots are tight, only showing the corner of one building and not the rest of the area, making it harder to determine if this was the source of the initial blasts or a nearby building that also became involved. (And thats pure speculation, because imo, the building looks too good.) Links to images…

Guardian article

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Looks like ammunition going off.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

but since this is ATS I can't dismiss the possibility of this being intentional.

Uh uh… particularly "because this is ATS" we want to be sure we don't throw any stuff at the wall without some other than our own corroborating evidence.

Thats called rumor mongering and is not befitting this place.

To keeping it real…

Don't get me wrong, what I meant is that I thought here on ATS I'd be a little more free to speculate, of course I'm not going to claim anything to be factual without enough corroborating evidence.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Thorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Hey guys. Uh. Apparently there's been an explosion at the Tokyo Airport. What the hell is going on over there? Can anyone confirm this?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: s1ngular1ty
Hey guys. Uh. Apparently there's been an explosion at the Tokyo Airport. What the hell is going on over there? Can anyone confirm this?

Got a link?

Unless you are talking about the steel plant fire near the airport.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

Don't get me wrong, what I meant is that I thought here on ATS I'd be a little more free to speculate, of course I'm not going to claim anything to be factual without enough corroborating evidence.

I didn't get you wrong. I called you to task about the radiation leak because there was no information about that anywhere.

So you accidentally made that up?

Don't get me wrong, ATS is where I come to get the real scoop about world events, not waste time digging for contrived rumors. This whole exchange has been a waste of time for both of us. Just bring what you know, its good enough. And thanks for that, by the way.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Maybe that's it's. I was actually out picking up lunch and a friend of mine who follows the things like I do had mentioned it. That's why I asked if anyone could confirm it since I hadn't looked into it online yet. Busy doing things offline lol. I just looked into it now though and you are correct my friend, thank you for the clarification.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

I didn't get you wrong. I called you to task about the radiation leak because there was no information about that anywhere.

So you accidentally made that up?

Don't get me wrong, ATS is where I come to get the real scoop about world events, not waste time digging for contrived rumors. This whole exchange has been a waste of time for both of us. Just bring what you know, its good enough. And thanks for that, by the way.

What? Made that up? No, I saw a tweet from @Terror_Monitor on Twitter, which is usually a reliable source, and mentioned it. But I get it, sorry for misleading you.
edit on 24-8-2015 by Thorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

No problem, I do it too. Last night I was calling this an ammo dump, but it appears (if you can believe the military) to have been gas cylinder storage. I make mistakes, too.

And admit them.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
Looks like homegrown extremists. Not the first time they've done something like this.

A spokesman for police in Kanagawa prefecture said two steel pipes measuring about 50 centimeters long were found planted in the ground with electric cables in a field less than a kilometer from Camp Zama. Police later found in a nearby field what appeared to be projectiles that were believed to have been fired from the pipes.

www.wsj.com...

Usually you have a sensible reason. But for you to get this info.... makes my neck hairs stand up. With recent explosions in china, this episode in japan. ( this next part I can't connect just yet ) 70% of North Korea's subs missing. Feels like someone or persons. Are trying to get these countries to start pointing fingers at the wrong guy, and create a conflict/war in this region. Hmmmm

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Fireballs shooting into the sky!?

Uhhhhhh.........

Everyone wanna see me trow a fiyaball but that's not right not in real life...you will fall...down and break yo neck...everyone wanna see me break a reg. But I don't! But I rike fried rice...ching chao wei ching wei woo wice. For a fortune cookie I always charge you twice...Deliverys free but not from me, I always hold a dolla fifty...fifty-five...wanna see me tall guy?

Apologies...apologies...........sorry...got carried away there.

Before that bit of nostalgia got stuck in my head, I was about to say something. It seems as if every action executed by the American government for years has been a distraction... later, we learn some hidden action was carried out simultaneously. The TPP was maneuvered through congress while doing all they could to make bigots feel if gays or lesbians were allowed to Wed, suddenly their lives would start being effected by gays. To keep more eyes focused away, they made sure people saw race as a factor in any and everything and called into question flags, police brutality, and the audacity of white people to think it's racist if the five-star restaurant from Friday had bathrooms designated for black people while white people enjoyed sharing the designated white roll of toilet paper, white trowel, and followed a sign to a back door leading them to a wooded area to have at it. Wait...nope, my bad. That's just another thing people have been distracted with- making it seem as if in your face mistreatment and discrimination of white people is NOT the same thing as if you did the same thing to black people because black people can't be racist, the very idea is absurd. I have this feeling we will soon learn this emailgate with Hillary, Trump's disproportionate coverage, or Ashley Madison scandals will end up having kept our focus drawn from something we're missing.

So to the military people out there...these three explosions we have seen in just days dotting the far east...would you say this is possibly behavior the military would use as a way to empty out large facilities and keep the public away temporarily while something is moved in? Is there any way the military would do something like explode weaponry to replace it with an ever-secret recent advancement?Like detonating Tomahawks to load the shelves with Jerryhawks which are ten tomes stronger? Are nuclear weapons ever put into bases with ammunition warehouses such as this one in Japan? Or how about the China one, do we have nukes spread around out there set up in the past at private companies after evacuating the surrounding neighborhood using a smoke and fireworks show so we can launch from anywhere or would you only find nukes in government or military facilities and never ever secretly in a private factory for example in return for a payoff? One of you military or retired military ppl have got to have an idea. Any reason for our military to fake this? Any way the US military would benefit from that Chinese private factory being gutted by explosion and the near area evacuated? Or would it be absolutely impossible to use that place for anything no matter what since you can't hide activity in China from China? I guess if u could get even one or two launch able nukes into a country to be our future enemy, you'd save billions in operating costs of an aircraft carrier no longer needed and the crew of 2000 could be useful somewhere else. So convenient the evacuation included a hazmat and possible radioactive material reasoning behind it. Place to hide a nuke and it's already evac'd and designated hazardous lol (And yea I'm fully aware there ain't a shred of evidence that says there's any possible way the US had Jack to do with the Chinese explosion and hazmat situation). But yea, when that nuke went missing moving around the US, before disappearng, while it moved and was still moving confidentially, they were faking some emergency or attack I think to move it from S. Carolina toTX then something else from b to c.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
About North Korea, it seems NK and SK have finally reached a peace agreement.
www.nknews.org...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
This is good news.
Wonder how long LiL Kimmy will keep quiet. Or vice versa?

Edit: a reply to THORSEN. thanks for providing that info.

edit on 24-8-2015 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2015 by Bigburgh because: thorsen spelling

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I'm actually surprised by the outcome of this. Considering all the escalation reports, China moving their military to the border, NK's missing subs, the US moving troops to the DMZ, this was, thankfully, a much better outcome than what I expected.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

It is. But but NK actions are repetitive. And with SK taunting from time to time. ( trying to taunt to the point NK. Will react and get a scrimmage going )..

Edit: to keep on subject. This would cause Japan to go on alert. Or even get involved with the U.S.
As Zaphod58 pointed out though. This looks like a home grown extremist. But actions like these can result in destabilization of the region.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Which is what almost happened here. But from the looks of the agreement, the future may be brighter for the Korean peninsula from now on. Just the fact that KJU refrained from starting a war and instead decided to state that NK regretted the soldiers being injured by the land mines might mean that he is not as crazy as we all think.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Perhaps not as dumb is coorrect. Rumored to have attended College near Bern Switzerland.
Also rumored KJI has a child now. Named Kim Ju-Ae. Maybe he wished up a bit more. Needs the country there for the future successor?

Look on wiki. You'll see a child name under children. But clicking on it directs you away and to the name above it.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join