It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: Explosion at the U.S. military facility in Sagamihara, Kanagawa, Japan

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Thorsen

The Japanese Red Army was both violent and audacious. They were known to have attacked several US embassies, and areas US soldiers frequented. Someone probably blames the US for the increased tensions and decided to attack.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Oh boy, NoKo had nothing to do with an explosion on an American military base in Japan.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:24 PM
link   
OMG looks like SHI# just got real over in Japan, what does it mean for Japan? I think its pretty odd there is zero media coverage on this.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skid Mark
a reply to: gortex
That's what I thought. It's bad enough but at least it wasn't anything like what happened in China. I hope nobody was killed.

twitter.com...
No injuries have been reported yet.

Also twitter.com...

Apparently there's claims that there might be radiation leakage.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: FormOfTheLord

This is far from the first time it's happened. It didn't "get real" then.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Another video of the explosions.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

This is far from the first time it's happened. It didn't "get real" then.

Oh so its just another blown up military base in Japan then no biggie! OK if thats what you wanna think, however if you were at the base I doubt you would be thinking that way, it would be more like "OMG SHI# just got real!" Which was what I was implying, not saying its the first attack on a US base in Japan.

If we look at the explosions we can see munitions may have been exploding meaning it was a pretty tactical strike of some sort. I am guessing it was an inside job, as munitions would be a difficult target. Or it could have been some very lucky strikes.

Whatever the case it adds up to ninja explosions with no one to blame. Or to put it simply there is an invisible enemy out there with the ability to strike munition dumps pretty darn well.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Looks like an ammo depot went up.

Given the location of the base I doubt N. Korea has anything to do wit it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I know it seems as though a lot is happening all at once, but people need to remember too that there's a "dog with a bone" mentality when a series of things happen.

There are explosions all around the world, every day or two, but sometimes the media grabs hold of something or public interest is seized and every single event which would otherwise have been almost entirely ignored is reported on, making it seem like something more significant or out of the ordinary is happening.

We see it here all the time too. An Earthquake happens somewhere and everyone starts reporting on every little jitter happening anywhere in the world, and rather than recognize that this happens all the time they start to think this is something odd.

Accidents happen, extremists take action, terrorists strike. There is nothing to suggest this was anything to do with NK or in any way related to the explosions in China.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It's not a "blown up base". They hit some warehouses, and there was nothing "ninja" about it, they've found the launchers and weapons used outside the base.

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

archive.airforcetimes.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah, this has never happened in Japan before.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka
Its just another gasexplosion

Um no it isnt, its clearly munitions blowing up. Since when did gas blow up like that at uS military bases?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
@Terror_Monitor on Twitter: "#JAPAN
#UPDATE: Fire Reportedly Occurred In A Storage That Holds Cylinders With Oxide,& That Let To The Enormous Explosions @News_Executive"

As to NK, I for one find it unlikely to have been North Korea, but I did find the coincidence odd enough for me to mention it, altough what Rocker2013 said makes more sense to me.

Edit: @RT_Com : "No evacuation over blasts at US #Sagami Depot facility, fire crews putting out fire on.rt.com... #Kanagawa "
edit on 23-8-2015 by Thorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
If we look at the explosions we can see munitions may have been exploding meaning it was a pretty tactical strike of some sort.

No, it really doesn't mean that at all.
I know you're desperate to make this something more meaningful than what it seems to be right now, but you're basing that belief in a desire for drama, not in any reality.

From what we know it looks like militants of one kind or another targeted a munitions store and blew it up, something that happens pretty regularly in various parts of the world. They don't need to be "specially trained North Korean agents", nor "Chinese military", nor "Russian FSB" or whatever else you want to claim.

Lets also not forget that this month Japan remembered the dead from Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
link   

It's not a "blown up base". They hit some warehouses, and there was nothing "ninja" about it, they've found the launchers and weapons used outside the base.

www.washingtontimes.com...

www.dailymail.co.uk...

archive.airforcetimes.com...

www.foxnews.com...

Yeah, this has never happened in Japan before.

Your grasping at the past to attempt to tell the story which has yet to fully come out. We dont know what is happening in the present what your doing is making an educated guess that it was done by some rockets.

Now more to my point I dont ever recall amunition depos exploding in Japan, I doubt it was a lucky shot, it would have been a targeted attack with inside knowledge of where exactly to hit.

Also what kind of homemade rockets can penetrate a US munitions depo?

Too summarize my point there have been zero arrests, so far we will see what happens. We dont know exactly what happened, but if you have any factual information about this incident that which isnt conjecture you would like to share please do I am all ears. Otherwise its just throwing darts in the dark trying to hit a moving dart board trying to guess what happened there.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rocker2013

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
If we look at the explosions we can see munitions may have been exploding meaning it was a pretty tactical strike of some sort.

No, it really doesn't mean that at all.
I know you're desperate to make this something more meaningful than what it seems to be right now, but you're basing that belief in a desire for drama, not in any reality.

From what we know it looks like militants of one kind or another targeted a munitions store and blew it up, something that happens pretty regularly in various parts of the world. They don't need to be "specially trained North Korean agents", nor "Chinese military", nor "Russian FSB" or whatever else you want to claim.

Lets also not forget that this month Japan remembered the dead from Hiroshima and Nagasaki.

I havent suggested North Korea nor China where do you come up with this stuff? Why would I be desperate to make this meaningful? Why are you even suggesting I have a desire for drama? Dude discuss the topic and do not make up stuff about me, in fact you dont really need to mention me at all when discussing the issue of a blown up US base.

Read my post I stated I think it could have been an inside job or it could have been a variety of things, I dont know. I do know I havent seen a US base explode like that in Japan before.
edit on 23-8-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Sounds like munitions going off.

It was, an ammo dump blew up.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

sarcasm

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
On Foxnews: www.foxnews.com...

"The Sagami General Depot houses storage for petroleum products and ammunition."

An accident does seem more likely, but the cause is yet unknown. There has been no reports of injured yet, as well.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Thorsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:18 PM
link   

It wasn't a munitions dump, it was a warehouse. Every report says warehouse.

I'm not grasping at anything, simply pointing out that it's happened before, including an attempted attack on this exact base a few months ago. I'm alai not jumping on the bandwagon of it having to be something beyond what it appears without evidence.

You expect arrests in murder cases in the first five minutes too don't you. This was reported two hours ago.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

It wasn't a munitions dump, it was a warehouse. Every report says warehouse.

I'm not grasping at anything, simply pointing out that it's happened before, including an attempted attack on this exact base a few months ago. I'm alai not jumping on the bandwagon of it having to be something beyond what it appears without evidence.

You expect arrests in murder cases in the first five minutes too don't you. This was reported two hours ago.

Im not jumping on any bandwagon as no one has said anything close to what I have mentioned as possibilities of it beinf an inside job. I am not saying that your speaking of the past and what has happened before is a bad thing, just saying its still an unknown. Who knows you could be right it may be the same rebels who did the previous rocket attacks.

All I am saying is OMFG big explosion there guys.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join