It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Capable of Rigging 2016 Elections-Proven! Manipulating Search results.Proof?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
money.cnn.com...

So now we have proof that its real and can be done by a handful of people . So my Question is true democracy dead? how many other organizations manipulate data?- HAHA dont answer that all of them How do we the people circumvent this? or am i just naive ?

I cant cut and paste some blurbs its CNN so you'll have to read the short article. Cheers

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
From comments:

Tracy Jordan2 hours ago
Dead people voting, voting machines that switch GOP votes to the Dem challenger, and no proof of citizenship to vote.

I'd say our process is already a joke with no proof that its not rigged.

I think this pretty much says it all.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: snowen20

From comments:

Tracy Jordan2 hours ago
Dead people voting, voting machines that switch GOP votes to the Dem challenger, and no proof of citizenship to vote.

I'd say our process is already a joke with no proof that its not rigged.

I think this pretty much says it all.

Well considering Google stands to make billions if trump or any republican wins is it really so bad? lol

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheJesuit
money.cnn.com...

So now we have proof that its real and can be done by a handful of people . So my Question is true democracy dead? how many other organizations manipulate data?- HAHA dont answer that all of them How do we the people circumvent this? or am i just naive ?

I cant cut and paste some blurbs its CNN so you'll have to read the short article. Cheers

Also, look back at the founders of Google, also who funded them....surprised? I'm not.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Electoral voting

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   
" None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free "
- Goethe- or was it the CEO of Die-Bold electronic voting machines ?

Feel FREE to vote for " Their " preselected candidate of your choice.

Americas Motto " Ignorance Shall Be Our Guiding Light "

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Is it really rigging though? There are no machines switching votes, it's the voters choosing the candidates. They're choosing based on their own research, research that could, potentially, be skewed one way or the other.

I mean, do we say Fox or MSNBC is rigging the election by only covering the good or the bad of any particular candidate?

I don't think this is really a condemnation of Google in general, but more of a condemnation of the unwillingness of the electorate to do better research on candidates.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:07 AM
link   
A fully open source election software system is the only chance of introducing proper fairness, oversight, integrity and accountability into the election process. Anything less leaves too many dark corners and hidden recesses for mischief to take place.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 05:09 PM
link   

By displaying results that shone a more favorable light on a particular candidate the researchers could shift opinion towards that favored candidate.

ABC (1943), CBS (1930), NBC (1926), and CNN (1980) have been doing this for decades, and for 55 years, ABC, NBC, and CBS were about the only options out there for news.

Fox News launched in 1996.

posted on Aug, 31 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

money.cnn.com...

Well, two things....

1. Obviously, anyone who has clout (be it power, money or any other form of influence) can and does manipulate elections (and everything else). Which takes me to number 2.

2. I don't know why people are so in love with the idea of Democracy to start with. It all starts with the idea that every individual will have a voice and a say in government but it all boils down to one thing. If you really ARE an individual in a Democracy, your voice doesn't mean squat because the only thing Democracy cares about is math. If there are five people who want the freedom to walk on the grass in a given spot (whether it's actually a serious problem to be walking on that grass or not) and there are a million people who want it to be illegal to walk on that piece of ground, it will be illegal. If you're one of the five, you just plain don't exist. You're a speck of nothing.

In addition to those two points, I'm sure a company similar to Google (of which there are probably a lot of them that really aren't such household names) could do a lot of things. Not just rig elections. But someone is going to rig elections anyway so all you can really do is pray, for all the good it'll do you.
edit on 31-8-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

money.cnn.com...

Well, two things....

1. Obviously, anyone who has clout (be it power, money or any other form of influence) can and does manipulate elections (and everything else). Which takes me to number 2.

2. I don't know why people are so in love with the idea of Democracy to start with. It all starts with the idea that every individual will have a voice and a say in government but it all boils down to one thing. If you really ARE an individual in a Democracy, your voice doesn't mean squat because the only thing Democracy cares about is math. If there are five people who want the freedom to walk on the grass in a given spot (whether it's actually a serious problem to be walking on that grass or not) and there are a million people who want it to be illegal to walk on that piece of ground, it will be illegal. If you're one of the five, you just plain don't exist. You're a speck of nothing.

In addition to those two points, I'm sure a company similar to Google (of which there are probably a lot of them that really aren't such household names) could do a lot of things. Not just rig elections. But someone is going to rig elections anyway so all you can really do is pray, for all the good it'll do you.

But you see we aren't a Democracy, we are a Republic with democratically elected officials, or supposed to be but it seems to be the other way around lately.

posted on Sep, 3 2015 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Byteme285

But you see we aren't a Democracy, we are a Republic with democratically elected officials, or supposed to be but it seems to be the other way around lately.

Yeah, whatever. It all means the same thing in common sense. Lots of wonderful power structures in the world that are affectionately referred to as Democratic Republics. It's one of those things that can sound fantastic with the right sales pitch but it's all the same to me. Mob rule. Being collectively sentenced to oblivion by 5 million people is effectively exactly the same thing as being sentenced to oblivion by one guy with a funny hat.

top topics

join