It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Use of the millitary to help the tsunami victims?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
How about all the western world send out a percentage of their armed forces they have on standby at home to the areas hit by the Tsunami?

Most countries have regiments not yet deployed to the Gulf.

Im sure if you asked the soldiers what they would rather do, they would choose to help out the most needy. Defineing "needy" is a hard one to call, but from what i have seen, i would send our troops to do a worth while thing for humanity.

I think we have enough troops to cover both senarios.

Just my thoughts , because i just wish i could do more for the people who were affected.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 11:29 AM
link   
We've already sent out some marines, and relief workers are out in force as well. So yes, it is a good idea
And it's being done.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You kidding me? The ENTIRE ABRAHAM LINCOLN carrier group has been deployed for relief!! That includes a Marine contingent as well. They also sent at least two ships capable of water purification and desalinization.

I also read (cant find the link now) that the US sent 18 C130's.

That carrier group puts fixed wing and rotor craft at the relief�s disposal as well as advanced medical care, engineering assistance, and all around man power and support. That�s worth 10's of millions of dollars per day in real on the spot relief

This is why I have been getting so nuts when I read or hear about the US being stingy. The amount of relief already put in motion is unpresidented.

I just hope when all is said and done its enough and people realize thre whole world is on the same page on this.

The irony is, Usam Bin Laden will still hate the US and the west after all the help it donates to this cause...

[edit on 30-12-2004 by skippytjc]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Good reply skippytjc.

Thats one of the reasons i posted. To see what people know through there own independant surfing etc.

Its good to know that we can not only fight wars, but also use our forces to help people in dire need.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Ah well........

Guess this post died a death at the starting post eh?

Never mind. At least i know where the troops should be.

top topics

join