It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 10 is just another operating system!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: BombDefined

You are right it is just another operating system but you left out the word bad before operating system.

This thing decimated my older laptop had to kill it before I lost everything.

Bring back xp Microsoft, still upset about that and every failure since.

I got in my new Holden and when I hit the accelerator it went right into a wall.

Bring back my Volkswagen, I never could drive it fast enough that I couldn't turn. Modern cars suck.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: SgtHamsandwich
I have heard that the use of Windows 10 will make your wiener fly off. Is this true?

I have to agree with you though, every thing you use these days collect some form of data on you. Its been this way for a long time now. I have never been negatively affected by any of it.

If folks don't like it, then their best best is to go crawl back into a cave and go back to grunting and banging rocks together.

Nah I heard that the rocks have inbuilt transmoderifierers that send telemetry back to alex jones, the leader of the illuminatu faction here on planet earth.

if this is true... Oo shhhhhhhhh

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

S&F for your disbelief in all the bad bad Windows 10 sayers. Even Linux has its flaws and holes.You want a secure computer ? Follow the below steps.
Power it down
Unplug it
Remove any batteries
Remove all cables
Take a screwdriver and jab it in your wireless card
Same with any bluetooth or wired NIC
Smack it with a sledgehammer a few times.
Take whats left to a Swiss Bank and have it put in one of their special vaults
Completely destroy any keys or access to the above
Results: It is a possibility that no one can access it then.(not a surety)

Exactly haha

as of ubuntu 10.x it was a feature that your personal drive searches were sent off to a server to best serve you adverts to your online shopping experience.

It was blatant, and right there - in linux. NOw M$ do it and it's the world has blown up, run, install dos, windows is satan..

the nature of what we're using these days, NEEDS some of the info required.

"Herp, my GPS wont work."
"Well turn it on, derp!"
"Naww then they'll know where I am, I aint stoopid. Just wish muh GPS worked.. paid for it an'all.."

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
OP. I would add one thing to your list. And I'm sure you're already aware of it.

Every time a user installs or uninstalls a program on their computer, it phones home. Some are nice enough to open a web page letting you know they phoned home. Others are not so upfront, and just send the message in the background.

S&F from me.

If yer that worried, there is this blue cable i should tell you about..... Oo

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: BombDefined
a reply to: SgtHamsandwich

Speaking of T&C, are cartoon rocket penises in keeping with ATS'? haha

Rofl, same thought!!

adds to the suspense though !!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: seattlerat
a reply to: AnteBellum

I have had great results with Windows 10 on an old HP2000 laptop, breathed new life into what had been a slow clunky machine. I know better than to get into fanboy wars (have been avoiding them since OS/2), but I will state that most people that are alarmed have nothing to worry about, and those that are shouting out the warnings really do not have enough 'real-world' experience with multiple platforms to give any credence to their claims.

Just what was wrong with OS/2 ?? I couldnt work it out, it was like windows 95 running on a linux desktop, how do I change the refresh rate in this 95 looking unix confinement...

HALP!!!!

thank god it was a weekend only.. Oo

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko
As technology progresses it is better to leave the "old stuff" behind. That is why I only have tower systems.Custom built by me. They are so easily upgraded . You take a part out , put the new one in. They could do that with laptops as well. They dont. That would mean you would not have to buy the latest greatest.

That's not new thinking man, that's how it was from the start.

I had towers. It was a new thing to get a mid tower. Then mini. Just enough for a psu, mobo and bare assortment of drives.

A full tower, high as a desk, you could fit a bar fridge in almost lol..

The desktop versions were more office standards. but I hated using phone books to hoist my monitor up so I could see..

god kids with ipods today just wont know the fun...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: sn0rch

originally posted by: Klassified
OP. I would add one thing to your list. And I'm sure you're already aware of it.

Every time a user installs or uninstalls a program on their computer, it phones home. Some are nice enough to open a web page letting you know they phoned home. Others are not so upfront, and just send the message in the background.

S&F from me.

If yer that worried, there is this blue cable i should tell you about..... Oo

I'm not worried at all, Mr. Snorch. I work in the computer industry. I posted it to add to the OP's list, and for the benefit of others.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well if that is so then this thread posted by the OP last year might open some eyes.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Either way I always enjoy a good rant
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

I have had great results with Windows 10 on an old HP2000 laptop, breathed new life into what had been a slow clunky machine. I know better than to get into fanboy wars (have been avoiding them since OS/2), but I will state that most people that are alarmed have nothing to worry about, and those that are shouting out the warnings really do not have enough 'real-world' experience with multiple platforms to give any credence to their claims.

Just what was wrong with OS/2 ?? I couldnt work it out, it was like windows 95 running on a linux desktop, how do I change the refresh rate in this 95 looking unix confinement...

HALP!!!!

NOoo not OS2/Warp. I still have warp2 in a shrink wrapped box...all 32 disks. Nothing wrong with OS2 though. There used to be (I dont know now) a group in Denmark that bought the rights from Itty Bitty Machines company . They were still developing it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko
As technology progresses it is better to leave the "old stuff" behind. That is why I only have tower systems.Custom built by me. They are so easily upgraded . You take a part out , put the new one in. They could do that with laptops as well. They dont. That would mean you would not have to buy the latest greatest.

That's not new thinking man, that's how it was from the start.

I had towers. It was a new thing to get a mid tower. Then mini. Just enough for a psu, mobo and bare assortment of drives.

A full tower, high as a desk, you could fit a bar fridge in almost lol..

The desktop versions were more office standards. but I hated using phone books to hoist my monitor up so I could see..

god kids with ipods today just wont know the fun...

Yeah , have done this since the mid 80s. Now I have 3 towers (there is a reason I call them this) jammed full of goodies. Mid tower? Got to go with the full towers for heat issues.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Just a heads up this is what OS/2 Warp evolved into. Like a mentioned before, we still use it to work with Z/OS mainframes.
en.wikipedia.org...

HALP!!!!

NOoo not OS2/Warp. I still have warp2 in a shrink wrapped box...all 32 disks. Nothing wrong with OS2 though. There used to be (I dont know now) a group in Denmark that bought the rights from Itty Bitty Machines company . They were still developing it.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 10:27 AM
link   
my opinion is they went to far and got caught.

but i respect your opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join