It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Ecotourism And Oil

page: 1

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:11 AM
'Minimizes impact' is a phrase associated with ecotourism. Where does oil use come into this?

Sorry to keep this so short but where does oil use come into ecotourism?

If you bought an eco holiday you were tricked. Unless you walked every inch of the way. Walking is possible. A friend of mine walked to Jerusalem and back. On his return his boots were put on display in a bookshop in Glastonbury. Here's a Guinness to you Paulo! The original and best eco tourist.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:50 AM
a reply to: Kester

hear what your saying

but I'm gonna be
the Devils nit pick.

So no Oil
was used
in the construction of
Paolo's Boots?

If Jerusalem was point B
what was Paolo's point A ?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:27 AM
a reply to: spoonbender

Glastonbury was point A. And yes, he walked on water to cross the channel.

Don't actually know about the boot components but point taken. I've just been on a camping trip in the Forest of Dean in which I wished for a pair of moccasins instead of my boots with oil based soles.

Thanks for your input.

Paulo's big thing was ploughing with oxen. He had a pet bull that he would sometimes take for walks in Glastonbury in the middle of the night. Ah the eighties. Either we were all hallucinating or it was a really crazy time.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:24 PM
a reply to: Kester

I bet his boots contained or used petroleum products. The rubber, the leather treatment, the sealer, the synthetic boot laces....

Everything is related to oil in some way or another...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 03:44 AM
a reply to: Hijinx

Yes, the condensed gases emanating from the Earths core are a natural part of life. Anti oil hysteria reaches silly levels. Natural oil used to be skimmed from the surface of ponds where it was found for medicinal use. Petroleum jelly was recognised as a useful product when oil workers realised cuts and burns healed faster after they had been working on parts of the equipment where it collects.

In this thread I'm objecting to burning large quantities of oil to enable what is falsely called 'ecotourism'.

edit on 25 8 2015 by Kester because: (no reason given)

edit on 25 8 2015 by Kester because: change word

new topics

top topics