It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm going to ask the doctor for a strong anti-depresant for only a couple of days.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Natural .....

Look up "sam-E"

or try

Ethical Nutrients "Super B Daily stress +"
it contains Rhodiola rosea (Arctic Root) ... wiki: "may be effective for improving mood and alleviating depression. Pilot studies on human subjects showed it improves physical and mental performance, and may reduce fatigue."

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
Just go get some naturally aged Italian meats like pepperoni or some real cheeses. Even a good quality natural yogurt without carrangeenan might help. Some mushrooms on a pizza made with real aged meats can work also. some Parmesan noodles can make you feel good too. Mushrooms sauteed with a little onions can make you feel good.

Any aged food can help with depression as long as you are not allergic to the microbes that form it. Microbes form some natural antidepressants. Kimchi can really mellow you out. Chinese foods can mellow you if you choose the right ones and don't forget the soy sauce on them, kikkomens or naturally fermented ones are the best.

Learn to eat some comfort foods like this when stressed, your food choices can alter mood a lot. A baked potato is good for mood too.

Naturally altering our diet can be the best way to combat stress. The antidepressents actually utilize what is known about these things, altering the pathways of the neurotransmitters. It will take some testing to alter the diet the right way, you need to train your mind to crave things at the right time. Vinegar and alcohol are created from the aging process but too much of these causes a necessity for more and more or you get withdrawals because of their potency.

Milk and meats also have bets blocker activity which can calm you. I can go on and on with options to fix the problem.

The wonderful way you talk about food I think I want to be depressed

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

Long term use of marijuana can cause depression

Yes, I don't understand this love affair that the US has with pot; there are compelling studies now that show it can induce schizophrenia and depression. That Colorado has legalised it just baffles the hell out of me.

If you're going to poison yourself, it's probably less toxic than alcohol, but blimey...

(post by TrappedPrincess removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   
At precisely 5 pm, I take two Martini 's a day to stave off depression. I want to be proactive.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
my nephew has cannabis induced psychosis.

bull#
he absolutely does not

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi
...cannabis induced psychosis...

Here we can agree 100%. Weaponised skunk drives people crazy and should be avoided. Natural cannabis is very, very different and can be a life saver. Take the ambulance driver covering the Scottish nuclear submarine base that I knew for example. The stress of all those drunken fight injuries was really getting to him and he fought it through very small amounts of ingested natural cannabis. He told me all ambulance drivers need something. Although they learn to cope mentally, physically their bodies go through the same stress each time. When you see an ambulance parked in a lay by after a fatal collision the crew are probably sitting next to the recently deceased having a hit on the gas before they drive back. Without something to help the stress just bubbles up somewhere it really isn't wanted.

Life's tough. Sorry to hear about your nephew. Far too common a story and probably linked to Vietnamese slave children tending cannabis farms somewhere fairly local, spraying who knows what on the weaponised skunk varieties developed by who?
edit on 23 8 2015 by Kester because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
Weaponised skunk drives people crazy and should be avoided.?

oh man
bwuahahahahahahaha

cannabis induced psychosis and weaponized skunk

now ive heard it all

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

I wouldn't be too sure. Though, just between you and me, this is the first time I've come anywhere near agreeing with paraphrase.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
a reply to: CJCrawley

Yes, I don't understand this love affair that the US has with pot; there are compelling studies now that show it can induce schizophrenia and depression.

Well, that's because you have know idea what your talking about! The rate of schizophrenia has remained steady at 1 to 2% of the population since records started, yet in that same time cannabis use has been significantly increasing, we should be having a scizophrenia epidemic if there were any kind of truth to your ridiculous government propaganda claims. Its a generic condition, you don't catch it like a cold!

When it comes to depression, all drugs can induce it if they are abused... especially alcohol.

btw, your claim that ssri's were effective for you after only 3 days is complete BS. It was nothing more than a placebo effect, which indicates you where never really depressed in the first place!
edit on 23-8-2015 by Subaeruginosa because: (no reason given)

(post by Kester removed for a manners violation)
(post by nullafides removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

First of all, anti-depressants most usually fall into the SSRI realm. These take several days to weeks to build up in your system and actually work.

That being said, your need for it for a "couple of days" is futile. Not only will it not be worthwhile, but any sane doctor won't prescribe it for you.

Now, a benzodiazepine such as xanax might make you not give a crap. Check out.

But this isn't really "dealing with it", now is it?

(post by Kester removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Marijuana is an awesome anti depressant and NATURAL, just throwing that out there and your doc is probaly not who you wanna talk to to get that

Marijuana can actually worsen depression. It doesn't have the same effect on every person.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Anti depressants won't work in just one day. What you want is benzos. Not Xanax either because it isn't strong enough. You want Klonopin. At least .5 mg. You can go the flying route and say it makes you have panic attacks and you have tried xanax before and it does not work on you. If you say you have had a prescription of it before they can probably check that out so say a friend gave you a couple and it didn't work if they ask were they got it.

But if you want to go the natural route get some marijuana. But unfortunately it is illegal in most places which is sad for people that really need it for medicinal purposes. Good Luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
so say a friend gave you a couple and it didn't work if they ask were they got it.

you guys are giving terrible advice to the OP
this is what a doctor would see as textbook drug seeking behavior which is exactly what the OP is doing.

terrible advice.

hey OP
why dont you do things on the level and go to a doctor and tell them your issue and let the doc, you know, the medical professional figure it out

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Yep, OP, go see your doctor. For god's sake don't start smoking cannabis or drinking alcohol.

Anti-depressants won't kick in after just a few days. Usually you need to build up to a dose too, so you'll start on say, if your doc gives you Mirtazapine, on something like 15mg for 2 weeks, then 30mg for a week, then reach the normal doseage of 45mg. And after about a month you'll know if that particular pill is going to work for you.

And this is the other important point. Not every anti depressant works for every patient. Most people who take them have had to take 3 or 4 different pills before they find one that works for them personally.

So anti-depressants are not a quick fix to savage downs. As commentator above says, Benzos might be what you need if you're in the midst of a crisis. But either way, go speak to your doctor, and good luck.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   
And I might add, anti-depressants saved my life.

They get a lot of flak on ATS sometimes. But they can and frequently do save lives.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Don't believe all the negative posts you read on here about antidepressants. I took them for only a few weeks and they got me out of a pretty dark place. They probably saved my life. Nothing you will find is a magic bullet, but if I'd listened to all the negative opinions on anti depressants I might not be around today. I'd definitely be in a worse position

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join