It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disabled homeless man arrested in chicago

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Someone called the cops a few days ago to report a man walking around with sticks (obviously a super concerned citizen - end sarc) police arrive and it turns out the man is disabled and homeless with a prosthetic leg and was using the sticks to walk, ill let you watch the video, but by the end of it there is about 15 cops standing around while this man is lying on the ground being restrained sans pants...15 cops for a homeless man with one leg....least those in SF know their tax dollars are being well spent huh?

video - www.youtube.com...

what do you think?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   
I think if your summary is accurate then it's a disgrace.

& I'm willing to bet it is.

*I don't watch videos unless absolutely necessary*

This sounds like it would just piss me off.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

We don't know what happened prior to the person starting to video.

Disabled homeless people can still commit offences you know. They can also be violent. Even if they do have a prosthetic leg.

It looks bad but it does take quite a few people to safely subdue a single person who's violently resisting. I also think that the officers who are standing around are just making sure that nobody else intervenes.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I feel so sorry for the cops because they weren't wearing gloves. Now they are going to go home and have have a sexual relationship with their wives/mate, and probably unprotected. The reality of the homeless man having Aids, TB, VD and other infection diseases is quite scary at this point after watching the vid.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
The 'Ol "Stop Resisting, Stop Resisting" ploy, eh?

It starts like this. Someone calls the police because they don't like to see "Homeless" people out front. Since being poor isn't really a crime of sorts, they have to embellish the report a little to get them to come (He's got "sticks").

When the cops arrive they don't know what the "suspect" has done so they approach and start asking a bunch of questions. Since this guy has been through this particular ringer for no reason so many times before, he's understandably a little peeved that "citizens" and the police are going to hassle him one more time for being poor, dirty and out doors all the damn time.

When they grab at him because he's "refusing to cooperate", his pent up emotions flare and he loses it.

Now the police sound the bugle (Need Back Up) and when each officer arrives they see an ensuing "struggle" on the ground and call for more and more calvary to subdue the now felon, who's become guilty of a hundred crimes by just walking or sitting too long in one place, looking disheveled.

He's got no leg, I bet its sore, that he's tired, hungry, and really tired of getting hassled about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
I'm on the fence with this one. First I was outraged because I imagined an old man for some reason and 'one leg' sounded like a limping guy with only one leg.
Then I watch the video and we see a strong young man, with a prosthetic leg and being full of energy.

I bet all the furore is because he is black. Fortunately it's the 'Benetton Police Crew' so nobody can shout the 'r' word.

A white/male/young friend of ours was once the reason for a police car to be called and he was checked out because we lived in a small village and we didn't know he was walking around nervously, up and down the road and nobody knew him. Good, because he was looking VERY suspicious [didn't explain the country ways well enough to him]. I personally would also have called the police in that instant. Alas he explained [everything, including his sweaty nervousness - due to a breakup] and all was good.

So Whilst I find it unfair to just stop someone, there also has to be some level of understanding as to why thy stopped you.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: iskander683
well what crime did he commit then?
walking while homeless and disabled?

what did he do wrong?
I would be furious too if I was walking and someone called the police because i don't look like them.

find that brave Samaritan who call the police and high five them .... in the face.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I'm confused. The title says Chicago, but the video is of San Francisco.

Also, do we have any other information as to the context of what occurred?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
San Francisco is a good example of authoritarianism gone mad.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
San Francisco is a good example of authoritarianism gone mad.

Lol, been to many a riot there in the late 70s and early 80s. They were called concerts.

The cops always showed up in riot gear and thats when trouble began.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

We don't know what he did, do we. I don't know....you don't know. Why are you asking me? I wasn't there.

The fact is, nobody knows whether he was just walking along and somebody called the police because he didn't look like them or whether the police were called because he had committed an offence.

top topics

join