It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Burning Bush's Trump Card: Mexican Billionaire? Slim Gets Shady!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Republic or not, the game is still the same in the 'free world'.

Edit to add : You appear to fall for it. Don't feel bad, our spirit to conform is embedded.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Wide-Eyes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

Interesting theory.

If one were to wager a guess, it wouldn't be so far fetched to think that part of Trump's animosity towards Carlos Slim is a classic case of sour grapes. Slim is worth over $72 billion, while Trump is worth only a paltry $4 billion. The Bush angle is merely one of association.

As if Trump doesn't run around the same social cirlces... It's like watching Jr. High drama on steriods.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Edit to add : You appear to fall for it. Don't feel bad, our spirit to conform is embedded.

Ah, you want to talk about me and your vague take on issues rather than specific facts.

Nevermind.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: maria_stardust

I think we "normal folks" just really have utterly no idea of the world in which The Donald lives.

Having access to that kind of money and power ... changes the basic humanity, and/or the basic human personality.

Any hypothesis we have or put forth of what truly MOTIVATES The Donald, I fear, is paltry beside the actual truth.

For example, as a thought experiment, what would YOU do with access to 4 billion (or 72 billion) dollars?

No need to answer, just consider it. That's the baseline "frame of mind" that The Donald (and others like him, he is after all on the "low end" of that club) enjoys on a daily basis.
edit on 14Sun, 23 Aug 2015 14:02:22 -050015p022015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
a reply to: maria_stardust

That's the baseline "frame of mind" that The Donald (and others like him, he is after all on the "low end" of that club) enjoys on a daily basis.

Those with a God complex are often severely out of touch with the daily realities of the average Joe. Such is the case with The Donald.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I don't think that follows at all. JEB would be polling better if he weren't calling himself a moderate, softening his position on abortion, and being so soft spoken that when you Google his positions you get stuff he said 10-20 years ago. But he's not running against the Republican field, he's running against Hillary. He is expecting super delegates and a split field and money in key races to turn the trick, and history says he's right.

But he does need insurance in a field this dense against a brokered convention, which could happen in a field this crowded if the radical vote were consolidated in a few key states and the wrong candidates stayed in too long. Trump makes the radicals burn out faster, he snatches delegates from them in proportional primaries, and if they stay for the winner take all primaries he divides the fringe voters so the moderate with money can win on recognition.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Ah, you want to talk about me and your vague take on issues rather than specific facts.

Nevermind.

Yeah sorry, that wasn't my finest moment.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

It's all for Bernie.

The stars and planets align for Bernie.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

S&F. Both interesting and disturbing at the same time. Its 2015 and THIS is the best we can hope for?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join