It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help ATS via PayPal:
learn more

Burning Bush's Trump Card: Mexican Billionaire? Slim Gets Shady!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

+10 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:42 AM
Hello again ATS!

As America continues it's never ending descent into something more resembling a fictional, dystopian condemnation of the lowest common denominator than the shining example of hope and freedom that the Framers intended it to become, another mind-boggling tale of the absurd finds it's way into the arena of public opinion.

New York Magazine is carrying a very interesting story this morning regarding the views of one Donald John Trump as they pertain the fallout from The Donald's incendiary comments about Mexican immigrants to the United States.

For the few who might have been in a 28 Days Later style coma for the past couple of months... The Donald said the following during his Presidential candidacy announcement:

As a result of these statements, The Donald lost a number of highly lucrative business relationships. One of the more publicized consequences was Univision cutting ties with Trump and refusing to air The Miss Universe Pageant - which is owned by The Donald himself.

While many ( or most ) in such a position might think "Oh, I said something provocative about Mexican's, so it makes sense that Mexican companies might take umbrage." Not The Donald! Nope!

If you are The Donald - you are thinking on an entirely different level! If you were The Donald - the "truth" is far more conspiratorially juicy and involved.

If you are The Donald - you blame... BUSH!

That's right. Jeb Bush! But not just Jeb. Nope! Too easy! You blame Jeb, his Hispanic wife Columba and, just to make things really interesting... You toss in the second richest man in the world, one Mr. Helu - a Mexican billionaire known to the masses as Carlos Slim.

It's not enough, apparently, that the most dangerous gangster in the world, El Chapo Guzman - leader of the infamous Sinaloa Cartel has most likely already threatened Trump with violence or death. If you are The Donald, ego demands more!

While Trump assured me that he thinks Bush is “a nice person,” he has told friends in private that his animosity is personal. According to one friend, Trump blames Bush and Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim for Univision’s decision in June to cancel a $13.5 million contract with Trump to televise his Miss USA pageant. Five days later, Slim scrapped a deal with Trump to develop shows in Mexico. Trump responded by filing a $500 million lawsuit against Univision. “Trump believes it all goes back to Jeb,” the friend says. “He thinks Jeb and his wife, Columba, are close with Carlos Slim and Univision got pressure from Slim operatives.” In a move that further confirmed Trump’s suspicions, Univision has hired Miguel Estrada, a Washington lawyer with deep Bush ties.

NY Mag Article

Ah, this is the stuff that conspiracy theorists live for! High intrigue at the pinnacle of wealth and power, a man who either has no filter or is the possible King of trolling, emotional issues, international players, and the list just keeps on giving!

And to make it even more sweet and savory, The Donald is not taking it sitting down! Even better considering that the whole thing might just be his own paranoid fantasy!

When — if? — Trump withdraws from the campaign, he will no longer have a ready landing pad on television. (His Apprentice deal with NBC has been canceled, too.) This is a prospect that is likely terrifying for Trump — and should, in turn, be terrifying for Bush. In a recent phone call with a longtime friend who has been acting as an informal adviser, Trump warned: “If I’m going down, then Bush is going down with me. He’s not going to be president of the United States.”

Amazing! Shakespeare, right this second, is rolling in his grave, screaming "I WOULD HAVE WRITTEN A STORY LIKE THAT IF I WOULD HAVE KNOWN, ONE DAY, THE WORLD WOULD GET THAT INSANE!"

As a modern human being who dabbles in writing fiction ( badly ), if my imagination had come up with something like this, I'd have avoided writing it - as it's too surreal. I would assume that nobody would be able to suspend disbelief enough to buy into it... and that is coming from a guy who once wrote a hamfisted fourth wall diatribe about a guy named Oliver Klossoff - if that helps put this statement into perspective.

But, wait, don't dial yet! Before ordering this already incredible deal for the low, low, low price of just $19.99 - THERE'S MORE!

There are conspiracy theories about The Donald's conspiracy theory!

Addicting Into is carrying an opinion piece suggesting that The Donald's Bush based "conspiracy theory" is really just a conspiracy to take out Bush!

A conspiracy about a conspiracy inside of a conspiracy! Conspiriception!

It's a great, great time to be alive.

So, good citizens of ATS... What do you make of all this? Any theories that might add yet another level to the conspiracy angles?

Thanks for reading!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:01 AM
Who's to say there's not some truth to it? We know the Bush family has some ties to folks like the Bin Ladens, so it's not a stretch to think they're connected in some way to a billionaire [ as in "I know a guy who knows a guy ] who doesn't want the U.S. to crack down on immigration, or the American people to be any more riled up about it. Which The Donald seems to be good at.'s politics and even if not true, at least entertaining.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:12 AM
Trump wouldn't say a thing about Carlos Slim unless he wanted to be reprimanded by the Hispanic Mogul at their next robed meeting.

Bush, maybe...

But that's only if Poppy allows insubordination towards his offspring from his lower, Trump.

*throws up council of 13 gangsign*

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:17 AM
Not to mention that Bush is all for amnesty which would continue to allow a more or less unchecked flow of cheap labor (and the cartels) across our border.

Trump has thrown out incendiary language on the matter which would not be good business for countries South of the border who fuel large portions of their economy through money their illegals send home from the US.

Ergo, Bush would be sympatico and Trump may not be.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:16 AM
The Donald

The Ole D'bag
is just a sparkler
His job
burn bright & get attention

when he burns out
Jeb will be right there
to take the spot.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:21 AM
a reply to: Hefficide

The Trump, and the Clintons slobber over each others privates.
He's thrown (again) a bit of pocket change toward the election to throw the GOP into disarray.
closer to the election, he will disappear and leave the clueless voters nothing left but to vote for clinton.
after that he will get a huge return on his investment.

If Reagan's appointment years ago didn't show the populace the US govt is a sham, nothing will.

A plague on both their houses.

edit on 23-8-2015 by CitizenNum287119327 because: spellin'

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:56 AM
what I wanna know is how is a guy from Mexico the second richest man on earth, unless he's some drug kingpin

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:06 AM

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
what I wanna know is how is a guy from Mexico the second richest man on earth, unless he's some drug kingpin

Yes, because no one from Mexico can be an intelligent he must be a drug dealer.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:14 AM
At least Trump guarantees there will NOT be another Bush president any time soon!

I think ole stink eye Bush and family is up to no good with these Mexican drug cartels, maybe Trump will expose that!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:40 AM
Smoke and mirrors. Dog and pony show. PURE ENTERTAINMENT!!! If "El Chapo" wanted Trump dead, HE'D BE DEAD!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:46 AM
Weren't we talking not long ago about how nobody in the Republican primary actually seems to have a problem with anything Trump is saying so much as with the fact that non-white voters are hearing him say it? But now look at this, Trump is calling Bush out for punishing his bad behavior (whether Bush actually did or not).

Maybe I'm clinging to a theory at this point, but I still kinda feel like it's possible that Trump is a Bush plant (it's not as though the Bushes and Clintons were completely separate camps afterall)- that he's allowing JEB not to be like his brother by getting to the right of the shock mongers and wearing them out, so that JEB can stand alone when Trump withdraws and leaves the radicals to choose between the mainstream Republican candidate or crossing the aisle.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:42 AM

I don't know what to say. This is just too weird.
I do know that the Donald is pretty good at screwing himself. Maybe the guy should invest in a muzzle.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:06 PM
a reply to: The Vagabond

If that were the case, then Jeb would be polling better.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:20 PM

Great thread Heff

On a side note does Jeb seem to favor his fathers wimpish side a bit much? AT the debate he came off like a wimp to me, and that will not fly no matter what Trump does.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:55 PM
So the prevailing theory is that Trump is someone's plant. Am I getting that correct?

At first, he was Hillary's plant, but that theory seems to be weakening because of all the trouble she is in. It looks like she may not survive to the general.

So now, it's shifted to Trump being Jeb's plant?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:59 PM
a reply to: ketsuko

To be clear, I don't believe I've stated any position about Trump being a plant, though I have conversationally explored the idea... though I cannot recall if I have done so in threads on ATS or not.

My core belief is that Trump announced as a publicity stunt and then, due to the overwhelming support from the right, became serious and began engaging in a chug-a-thon, drinking as much of his own Kool Aid as he can possibly consume.

I think he's a creature of ego and, as the wise know, live by the sword, die by the sword... thus Trump's ego is the very thing that will destroy his campaign.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:13 PM
I would argue Mr. Trump is being "The Donald" ... I sincerely believe that his "media personality" took over any real personality he had years ago. He's portraying a character rather than being a person.

I believe that Mr. Trump is a creation of many trends in American culture ... political, social, and even economic.

He's brash, controversial, outspoken, and he has (whether you are attracted or repelled) incredible personal magnetism.

NO ONE on the current Presidential landscape touches him on any of those points. The next closest I can think of were Reagan and Bill Clinton. (Certainly not Hillary, good gravy what an utterly BORING individual.)

The Donald is riding a wave of popular American enthusiasm. Personally, I hope that the typical "15 minutes" of attention the American people give will soon be over.

Not that I mind the idea of Washington politics being shaken to the core. There is a certain side of me that "wants to watch the world burn" at least in terms of "politics as usual."

But The Donald? Sweet Random Chance!
edit on 13Sun, 23 Aug 2015 13:14:47 -050015p012015866 by Gryphon66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:20 PM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:25 PM
As a British man, I can only speculate from the outside. From what I can see so far, you have the same sh#t. , different election. Just the same as our country.

The very word 'democracy ' has become a joke.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:36 PM

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
As a British man, I can only speculate from the outside. From what I can see so far, you have the same sh#t. , different election. Just the same as our country.

The very word 'democracy ' has become a joke.

The US is a Republic.

(I mean no disrespect, but someone was bound to do it.)

I'd argue that the support for The Donald is overwhelmingly "democratic" ... exactly the kind of democracy that so concerned the Founders ... folks who will vote against their own best interests. But that's my take only.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>