It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What needs to be done for faster than light travel?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I wonder how fast you can go while still keeping a connection with the 'metric sea' What's the highest warp factor Tom?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Hey Bedlam couldn't running both at the same time make for one hell of a hotrod? Cause the Mach Drive practically changes C to Infinite if I remember correctly. So couple that will very, very little mass......

Have we looked at reducing the mass to almost complete negative mass, while were on the subject? Or would that lead to an almost instant teleportation and be very, very, like very very very dangerous?
edit on 31-12-2015 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Yeah I'd think getting up to that speed might put a dent in your plans, and your head. But after you reach your desired speed, it should feel like you're sitting still.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hell, he could even do it procurement style and offset the cost of a limited run just for us... by charging $1,000 a copy lol.

And you have genuinely disturbed me with your Hitler point. WW2 does happen real soon after human transmission gets going.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

One only works in a local gravitational field if I recall my Bedlam lore correctly, so I don't know how well they can be combined in the outer depths.

a reply to: Tajlakz

I'm betting you can go as fast as your computer can handle. As long as you smoothly transition up there I bet you can crank epsilon and mu down to near 0 in the ideal case.
edit on 31-12-2015 by framedragged because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IAmTheRumble

Death is the faster than light travel.

You go on another realm in an instant.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: framedragged

If I can remember Bedlam Canon correctly One digs a hole in the dirac sea. The Other eliminated inertia by isolating the the craft from the universe via a mach shield. So which ones reducing mass by undoing inertia and which ones changing C?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Heck I'd pay almost that much to see some concept art for Planet Dirt.

Cool spaceships. Space Colonies. Planet Dirt's majestic dunes of mud and lackluster rock outcroppings. Ooooh. It's sun. Red Giant? M Class? Binary?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I believe the dirac sea method changes C by altering the composition/mu & epsilon of space and the mach shield reduces inertia by protecting your ship from the outside "history" of the universe

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   

So the one that changes C is the same one that uses Uncurled A potentials? The Aharonov-Bohm Drive?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 01:50 PM
link   

That's my understanding...but my physics wu is weak. Might want to wait for FD to catch up

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Or MBKennel.

If you have 0 mass, then superluminal travel wouldn't be effected by S. Relativity's rules right? Sorta side stepping them all together.

I figured the Arhonov Drive significantly reduced mass allowing for really, really fast but still far short of light speed since not all of the test mass is completely influenced by the drive at it's outskirts acting like a skeg of sorts.

The Mach Drive allowed for Ultraluminal travel since there was zero mass all together.

The A-Drive far safer and newer and thus used for inter system, but the Mach drive used for Both inter system in the early days (but pretty dangerous) and out of system (slightly safer but still really dangerous.)

Final question are NASA stumbling close to the A drive if they just incorporate it with a resonant super conductor? It's already kicking out virtual particles and the center is showing space time warping? Creating negative time space slightly changing the goalposts? Did Podklenov almost stumble across the Mach drive with his experiments?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   

For the sake of argument, let's say bedlam lore is essentially correct...what implications do you think it would have for the philosophy of science?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: framedragged
Bedlam, just write some hard sci-fi please. I'll buy all of your books, maybe even twice!

Oddly enough, I got another 'no' on pitching it as a movie. But there was a damned-with-faint-praise sort of echo to it this time. Or maybe praised-with-faint-damns.

OTOH, I am free of my NDA (fingers crossed) on something ELSE, as long as I present it as fiction and not a documentary, the old lady is kicking me in the butt to write it. Having never done so, I'm not quite sure where to start. I keep trying to sit down and do a plot outline but other # keeps coming up. Like I need to put in a french drain and some guttering in front of the house. I've also got a jones to put in a Dolby Atmos setup in my big-ass living room, so I'm looking at what I can afford.

eta: and I've got to get going for NYE celebrations. See ya tomorrow unless the hangover's too bad. Next home project: marking the land boundary. I've got a sort of Texas shaped 60 acres, and it was surveyed about 5 years back. But they didn't mark the boundary. So I need to break out the old GPS and a backpack full o' blaze orange spray paint. Plus it's a good way to stall putting in a french drain and guttering. And a book outline I need to start.
edit on 31-12-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I've never felt French Drains were all that effective.

You should pull a Marcinko and write the book as "fiction"

Final question for you. Were relentless with these questions right now, sorry.

But if the Mach drive isolates the test mass from the background and essentially puts it in it's own little bubble of no inertia and mass, couldn't the field also be engineered to practically stop EM and move C. And in the process dump out a S Ton of Cherenkov?

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

I've always thought of the dirac sea as more allegorical for generally lowering local vacuum energy, but there's a reference somewhere to this one being most/only effective near a gravitational source.

The other one is the universal isolation bubble.

I think c should actually be affected in both cases, but that the Mach drive directly tries to alter the metrics of spacetime while the local craft just wants you to not splat at 100G.

As for the Aharanov-Bohm effect, I definitely agree pretty much 100% with what you write below... er above. The limit of mass/inertia -> 0 seems much more ridiculous than eps or mu -> 0. But I kinda figured that Podklenov was heading to inertia reduction, and I can think of something neat you could do if his results were accurate. This issue is definitely more mbkennel's speed though, I think.

In any case, I do think that such a craft would sidestep SR issues almost entirely.

edit: there's a reference to a cherenokov trail of blue light somewhere too.

If Bedlam has even dropped like 1% truth over the years, then frankly I think it would probably corroborate voldemort's story.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam

originally posted by: framedragged
Bedlam, just write some hard sci-fi please. I'll buy all of your books, maybe even twice!

OTOH, I am free of my NDA (fingers crossed) on something ELSE, as long as I present it as fiction and not a documentary, the old lady is kicking me in the butt to write it. Having never done so, I'm not quite sure where to start. I keep trying to sit down and do a plot outline but other # keeps coming up.

Oooooooh juicy...give us a hint when you get back

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

yeah about mbkennel....that guys no joke. I came across one of his physics grad papers the other day. my brain partially melted trying to understand half of it.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Yeah, I've got a BS in Physics and Math, so I can, uh, BS about Physics and Math. I'll pick up a math book again some day maybe.

Mbkennel is a physicist, the real deal. I fear saying something wrong and disappointing him lol.

posted on Dec, 31 2015 @ 03:00 PM
link   

There definitely are parallels between the 2 of 'em. Both stress that there is no actual "anti-gravity" but something which would very well look like it to a casual observer.

Where is mb anyway? Thought he would've sniffed out this thread by now

edit on CSTpm31Thursdaypmk364 by Tajlakz because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join