It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What needs to be done for faster than light travel?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Tnuctipun? You mean the oversized tree shews with dilusional dreams of grandeur.

Yeah, no.... we're brilliantly mad, out of control space apes with egos. We cant be controlled by no telepathic thrintun mind trick mumbo jumbo! We're already too distracted by our own voices in our heads to listen to theirs!

Face it. Were the perfect chimaera of good and bad and ultimately nearly unstoppable as a species.
edit on 27-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2016 @ 04:31 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Hey bedlam,

You wanna know the real reason the kzinti never sucessfully made a ftl drive and lost the war? The humans convinced the kzinti spies that the secret to warp drive was a 6 millihertz EM signal.

edit on 27-7-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
The problem comes with evaluating a totally unknown species' capabilities. Did they plant something on you? Can they track you? Would you bet your species' life on it?

Fly to Memory Beta, step out naked, Starfleet Uber picks you up. Problem solved. If you are willing to assume arbitrarily capable magic, then it doesn't matter anyway. Why try to plant this "tracking device" instead of just looking around on your own?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bedlam
The problem comes with evaluating a totally unknown species' capabilities. Did they plant something on you? Can they track you? Would you bet your species' life on it?

Fly to Memory Beta, step out naked, Starfleet Uber picks you up. Problem solved. If you are willing to assume arbitrarily capable magic, then it doesn't matter anyway. Why try to plant this "tracking device" instead of just looking around on your own?

posted on Jul, 29 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Bedlam
The organians! Bah! Tricksters with sophisticated holographic technology masquerading as non corperal entities as a protective gambit of deception to make them appear to be more advanced than they are in an attempt to ward off aggressive species demonstrating a wide swath of virtuosity such as us humans.

We see through that act you organians. Rest assured the first thing we're gunna do is kick your ass halfway across the galaxy just to spite you frontin dweebs!

So will that be Presidential campaign 2116?

Whether or not to go Rambo on the Organians with paranoid conspiracy theories like space rednecks? Talk about extinction level idiocy.

posted on Aug, 5 2016 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: johnwick

Einstein knew he was off with relativity.

That is why he spent the last years of his life trying to prove it wrong.

As suggested already, we need to take another step as it were.

Just like the one from Newtonian physics to einsteinian physics.

Some thought string theory might lead to this.

But string theory is a retarded waste of a gimmick used to base a science theory on.

Ya, all the matter in the universe is just music made buy plucking the space time guitar..... What a bunch of #ing idiots!!!

Who even comes up with this crap?

I agree string theory seems sketchy. But Einstein did not believe there was something "off" with relativity. It was the opposite actually, he believed in it even to the point of saying "”Then I would feel sorry for the good Lord” if observation and the theory didn't pan out.

He spent his last years trying to show Quantum Mechanics was not as random as it seemed. That's where his "God does not play dice" comment comes from.

Anyway it possible that there are particles or energy or something that moves beyond light speed and does not interact with our universe as we currently understand it.
But as we understand spacetime now light speed isn't really just a speed limit. That idea makes one want to figure out how to go past the limit. Obviously it is a speed limit in some sense but that description doesn't convey that it's also a "least possible" limit as well. Like if one asks how slow could a car travel, it's a silly and obvious question because the answer is zero.

A particle moving at light speed experiences zero time and because space and time are interwoven into the same concept - space-time - you can also say a photon experiences zero distance. The faster an object goes the more it contracts and experiences less time and less space. At light speed it's all over, there is no distance, as soon as a photon is created (from it's perspective) it's arrived at it's destination and is absorbed.

So the problem is there is no way to travel zero distance in zero time any faster.

For warping spacetime, who knows? First we have to figure out gravity on a quantum level.

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I still stand by my theory...that particle beam jets from a micro-mini black hole, onboard a starship, will propel a starship up to near the speed of light and beyond into the superluminal realm --- Because the starship is capable of being a freebird, and not a somewhat stationary supermassive black hole...yet it still creates it's own magnetic and gravitational fields that should suffice in protecting the starship when it breaks the speed of light barrier.

I suspect that this kind of micro-mini black hole propulsion, can be proven by an actual in-depth scientific investigation of a UFO's own propulsion unit, that has actually visited our planet in the past or future. The problem is --- of course --- having the otherworlder's let us investigate their own propulsion unit. Otherwise...simple deduction --- based on speculation --- of why these alien starships seem to depend so much on photon power, due to lighted Orb eyewitness sightings in nighttime scenarios, can lead our civilization to ponder...that propulsion from a micro-mini black propulsion unit could be feasible in the future; when we can finally harness a micro-mini black hole's power.
edit on 8-8-2016 by Erno86 because: grammar

posted on Aug, 8 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I still stand by my theory...that particle beam jets from a micro-mini black hole, onboard a starship, will propel a starship up to near the speed of light and beyond into the superluminal realm --- Because the starship is capable of being a freebird, and not a somewhat stationary supermassive black hole...yet it still creates it's own magnetic and gravitational fields that should suffice in protecting the starship when it breaks the speed of light barrier.

I suspect that this kind of micro-mini black hole propulsion, can be proven by an actual in-depth scientific investigation of a UFO's own propulsion unit, that has actually visited our planet in the past or future. The problem is --- of course --- having the otherworlder's let us investigate their own propulsion unit. Otherwise...simple deduction --- based on speculation --- of why these alien starships seem to depend so much on photon power, due to lighted Orb eyewitness sightings in nighttime scenarios, can lead our civilization to ponder...that propulsion from a micro-mini black propulsion unit could be feasible in the future; when we can finally harness a micro-mini black hole's power.

No matter how much energy you add to the propulsion of a ship it will never get to the speed of light.
The closer you get to light speed more and more of the energy goes into increasing the mass of the starship and less into it's speed. Which makes it continually harder and harder to push it faster.

If you continued to speed up eventually the amount of energy required to make it go faster would equal all of the possible energy in the universe. Beyond that you could just keep going, adding 1 entire universe to speed up then billions of universes, and your exhaust would already have filled up our universe. Also any possible material the ship was made of would have long since disintegrated.

You still won't get to light speed, .999999999999999999... does not have an ending and each 9 is harder and harder to reach.

A micro mini black hole only has as much mass/energy as it ate. Which isn't really much at all. Even a supermassive black hole isn't going to help.

But like I mentioned in my last post, even photons can't push faster than light because you can't travel zero distance any slower than zero time.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: joelr

I agree to disagree

The mass of the starship will not increase when it reaches the speed of light, if it is surrounded by a magnetic shield.

Simple as that.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:01 PM
link   

A micro mini black hole will last for significant amount of time, especially if you feed it with starlight or plasma photons.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   

As the micro-mini black hole propulsion unit is fed photons...it will expel some in it's two polar jets, which are directed to thruster outlets on the starship, expelled at near the speed of light --- Thereby...having the starship increasing speed, exponentially squared, easily up to the speed of light and beyond into the superluminal realm.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Black hole starship propulsion references:

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-8-2016 by Erno86 because: link work

edit on 9-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

edit on 9-8-2016 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86

I agree to disagree

The mass of the starship will not increase when it reaches the speed of light, if it is surrounded by a magnetic shield.

Simple as that.

Ill disagree. That makes absolutely no sense. You might want to research your starshio design a bit more

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

Photons are travelling at the speed of light. So hows the ship supposed to be travelling faster than the photons its using for propulsion?

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Protect the ship how?????

Sometimes photons are a side effect of something not the point of something.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

A particle moving at light speed experiences zero time and because space and time are interwoven into the same concept - space-time - you can also say a photon experiences zero distance. The faster an object goes the more it contracts and experiences less time and less space.

Agree, but I would make a correction.
Time experiences infinite (not zero) value.
It would mean photon is everywhere. If object, not light, contracts, it will take more time (not less) for it to cover same distance. Time dilation.

say between point A and point B is 1.5 meters. A ball 1 meter in diameter leaves point A. It will touch down at point B in 1 sec. Now is the scenario where the faster you roll the ball the smaller it gets. It gets smaller already at moment it was pushed to the point B if it undergoes acceleration while at motion. It already started to grow smaller in diameter as it left rest state.

When you roll it faster the more revolutions and more time it will take it to cover same distance. Once you roll it at speeds to the point of singularity, distance will proportionally extend the faster you roll the ball and at 300 000 km/sec time will extend to infinity with same distance to cover. This conclusion somehow more visualized imagining where light is occupying all of space at the same time.

But SR effects are only noticeable at relativistic speeds. It did not say it is absent at all. It could be that when I am walking by people on a side walk, I am the subject of SR. It is always present in theory, but only detectible at relativistic speeds.

edit on 9-8-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Photons are travelling at the speed of light. So hows the ship supposed to be travelling faster than the photons its using for propulsion?

Yes.. most of us overlooking this obvious fact.

FTL is not achievable. May be not even necessary...Once we discover distant cosmos being only an image of our own past (like in a mirror room) we may need not to go there. I am for a Solar system exploration)))

)))

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 08:48 PM
link   
'micro' or 'mini' black hole could serve as artificial source of gravity on the space ship only. It has to be enclosed in a shell and ship's shape is built around it. There your artificial gravity on a space ship.
hah?

Hollywood has to stop fooling populace believing rotating haul would create artificial gravity for astronauts.

edit on 9-8-2016 by greenreflections because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
FTL is pseudo science.

If I said I was working on warping space between my fridge and bed so I could grab a cold one in 0.3secs you'd call me a nutcase and throw away the key...

If I wear a lab coat and say I'm working on warping space and time between galaxies some government douchebag would fund my endeavour...

I'd still be a nutcase.

Clearly you would be, but the scientist might actually be doing something worthwhile, minus the whole "between galaxies" part.

posted on Aug, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAmTheRumble

The void is God in a resting state, light emerged from nothing.
So nothing is quicker than something.
Before Abraham was I am.
Instantaneousness.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join