It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What needs to be done for faster than light travel?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 01:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: [post=20280510]IAmTheRumble . Maybe we should try rotating some plasma at a high velocity and see if we can reduce said objects wait. Sound familiar?
AKA the Nazi bell and black triangles. Lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nochzwei

Exactly. Does anyone have a couple hundred thousand dollars they want to experiment with? Lol

posted on Jan, 21 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAmTheRumble

Exactly. Does anyone have a couple hundred thousand dollars they want to experiment with? Lol
I certainly dont

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Do you really want to go faster than the speed of light - Or, rather travel space so you are bypassing the need to go faster than the speed of light and yet travel distances far greater than simple speed of light travel would allow ?

First accept 'Many Worlds Theory' of Quantum mecahnics as theory in fact - And the multiple and parallel universes that then
become real - You must be able to accept the observations of Many universes to get outside of this one. Haven't seen it yet
you say - But you have seen indications of it - UFOs visually seen and tracked on radar that defy the laws of Humans physics
- can travel much faster than anything Man has to offer and can change direction in mid - air are not from this universe.
Maned by beings or not is irrelevant - they may merely be observatonal equipment from other universes.

No evidence you say? Lets take our heads outside and look at the future:

Scientist May Have Found Proof Of Alternate, Parallel Universe

A cosmologist from the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) believes he may just have found proof that an alternate and parallel universe does indeed exist.

In a study featured in the Astrophysical Journal, researcher Ranga-Ram Chary described evidence of a cosmic bruising, or the bumping of one universe against another, which could be used to identify an anomaly he discovered on the cosmic microwave background map.........

Multiverse Theory

Multiverse theorists argue that the continuous expansion of the universe has produced various pockets of energy that ended up expanding at a much faster rate and created several other pocket universes of their own.

Some scientists pointed out that this theory of cosmic inflation, or the ancient universe's rapid expansion, lends itself to the plausibility of a multiverse.

MIT researcher and inflation theory advocate Alan Guth said that most versions of the inflation concept result in an eternal inflation, leading to many other pocket universes being created.

While the idea of multiple and parallel universes is supported by a number of well-known cosmologists and astrophysicists,........

See whole article here:
www.techtimes.com...

So the concept I propose is that the shortest distance in this universe is not a straight line - But a 'jump to a parallel universe and then jump back to this one at a point that will in essence warp space. And how do you do this you ask?
If i knew that I would patent the technology and cash in - It would be a profitable idea to say the least

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: AlienView

I don't personally think you have to have access to another universe and or dimension to travel faster than light. There are many theories that say it can be done in this universe. Many people have come forward saying they have first hand information on how such a craft would operate. I for one, don't have a trillion dollars laying around to test these ideas. I have no doubt that visitors from other worlds have been or are currently here. Radar records and eyewitness accounts have grown to an extremely large number. I just need one of the visiting folk to land in my backyard and show me how it's done.

Multiple concepts have been put-forth such as electrogravitics, which I recall seeing Brown's vacuum tests being a success. I would think this concept is the most 'available' to the common person. The problem is, no theory currently states this as a possibility. No public domain theory, says there is any correlation between gravity and electromagnetism. So what the heck am I suppose to think.
edit on 22-1-2016 by IAmTheRumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: IAmTheRumble

One could always try to change the permittivity of the vacuum allowing light to go faster. Thus allowing you to go faster before you run into relativistic problems. Reduce your mass somehow by using the right resonance to couple the EM and the Weak force, or something, using unusual EM fields generated by odd shaped toroids to make things like accelerating to really high speeds easier. And then make the EM field asymmetrical to create a polarity or pressure differential of the vacuum like you would any other medium to push the craft one direction or the other. Strangely these toroids are teardrop shaped often and would fit well inside a triangle. Go figure.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

problem is no one has ever proven it can be done. Making me skeptical about even trying.

Though I do think something to do with space is the key to this problem. Space has to be the key.
edit on 22-1-2016 by IAmTheRumble because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure why anybody would want to travel faster than light to begin with. Where do you want to go? I get that some people have this Star Trek induced fantasy of traveling around the galaxy and meeting friendly aliens and having wonderful adventures.

But the thing is, you don't need faster than light travel to do that. You just need a convincing virtual reality simulation. Everything you experience in life is all basically happening in your mind, anyway. We're always getting better at developing computer-generated scenarios and people/creatures for video games. A few years down the line, maybe we'll get the brain interface perfected so it all seems like it's really happening. Then there will really be no reason to travel around the galaxy sightseeing.

"Oh, but it won't be real." Well, no. But the reality of space travel is that it's cool for a while, but after you see your 10,000th moon or planet sunrise, it's gonna get boring for anybody with any kind of imagination at all. You want adventure? The Earth provides plenty of spectacular sights and adventures, real and imaginary. Go out and see it. No need to go traipsing off into the galaxy.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Playing a video game offers a good amount of excitement. Sitting in a plane as it takes off the runway is a whole other level of excitement. Flying through space faster than a beam of light, would be something else. I can't even imagine what kind of emotions it would bring other than excitement beyond anything capable of earth. Not to mention the possibility of realizing we're not alone. Amazing.

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

I can't even imagine what kind of emotions it would bring other than excitement beyond anything capable of earth. Not to mention the possibility of realizing we're not alone. Amazing.

You obviously can't imagine it. But I can. I can imagine direct brain stimulation that would make ordinary existence pale to insignificance. Don't want to be alone? How about sharing the thoughts of 1,000 people, both real and artificial. Imagine an orgasm that lasts what seems like years and never fades. Imagine meeting not just one but hundreds of "aliens" without ever having to leave the comfort of your home planet.

Epic alien skies with huge Saturn-like planets surrounded by sparkling moons on a lush planet of waterfalls and snow-capped mountains. Heaven. You want to go to Heaven and meet your deceased relatives and play the harp and have angel wings? Done.

We just don't quite have the technology yet. But we will, and a lot sooner and cheaper than we'll figure out faster than light travel (if it's even possible). And it will be indistinguishable from reality, except that it will be a lot better.

Like I said... Are you exploring the Earth? Are you climbing mountains and high-diving off cliffs into the ocean, or sailing across the ocean on a sailboat, dancing on rooftops with the one you love? If not, then you're not even fully experiencing life on Earth, and any notion about sailing across the galaxy is no more than an escape fantasy, anyway. Life on Earth is only dull if you allow it to be dull.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I don't want to fake it. I want to live it, for what it truly is. A computer simulation is pointless...

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Since a small percentage of our UFO sightings are unexplained but real --- and since I don't believe in parallel universes, EDH models, ghosts or goblins --- I can only surmise that these otherworlder starships, that some call UFO's --- must have the capability of breaking the speed of light barrier --- if not...they never would have appeared, because they would never have the ways or means for galactic travel; in sufficient time for a biological sentient race too traverse the stars.
edit on 22-1-2016 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jan, 22 2016 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

That's exactly what I think. Other universes sound like quackery to me. I mean really? Why do we have to resort to another universe to explain our reality...

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: IAmTheRumble

This is an idea that I've stolen from a science fiction series and I don't know enough about physics to determine if it would be possible in the real world. That being said, it's an interesting idea.
The premise is that you would need to be able to cancel out gravity, in the book this is achieved by a particular substance with the property to do this, but in the real world I (probably wrongly) assume it would have to be done with some sort of electromagnetic field or whatever.
The idea is then that you negate all gravity on the side of the vessel opposite from the direction in which you want to travel. Making it so that the gravity of half the universe pulls you into the direction you want to travel. In the vacuum of space this would theoretically mean unlimited speed given enough time to accelerate. You would of course also need to shield the inside of the vessel so that you and the other passengers are not splattered against the windows due to the force of acceleration, but the same technology can be used to achieve that. When you are halfway along the trip you reverse the field and are then slowed down by the gravity of the other half of the universe, stopping exactly where you want to be. There are probably many reasons why this won't work like plotting a course that doesn't send you straight into a star, let alone Einsteinian effects that start to happen when you're going really really fast and about which I know nowhere near enough to speculate. Regardless, the idea is interesting at the very least.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I don't want to fake it. I want to live it, for what it truly is. A computer simulation is pointless...

It's all pointless. The difference is that one is a "simulated" experience that will seem real, the other is a vague fantasy that will never, ever happen to you.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
if you have an anti gravity machine which cancels out gravity completely, it is no longer a part of this universe and it will disappear into another dimension, where time does not exist. unlimited spped yes, but how you gonna navigate to another point in that or our universe
a reply to: Nimyn

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Proof please.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Flying through space faster than a beam of light, would be something else.

And that 'something else' would be 'nauseating'.

I can't even imagine what kind of emotions it would bring...

Apprehension.

Not to mention the possibility of realizing we're not alone.

Is that a good or a bad discovery, though, is what you have to ask. Considering nothing's like Star Trek. And given the possibly legitimate propensity of the military to judge threat by capability and not intent, if you realized you weren't alone on an exploratory run, a chunky part of the rest of your life is likely to be spent on the beach at Planet Beta, where you will be staying so you don't lead your new acquaintances home. If, that is, they don't kill you on the spot themselves.

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Yeah but what about or RF Broadcasts. They gotta be seeing those and can deduce where they are originating from, hence show up at our door at any time if they have bad intentions.

Oh, and I think I finally have formulated a theory as to why "they" have three lights these days instead of one giant cherenkov like in yesteryear. But thats for a different thread and time, if ever, I suppose.
edit on 3-2-2016 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2016 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Proof please.
read thread in my signature

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join