It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transportation for the apocalypse

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'd just call Uber.

Those guys are everywhere!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum
It was in the Jury St. tunnels locked in a metal cage. It wasn't a big part of the story.

Yes the Guass rifle was awesome! It was my favorite as well. I loved exploring all areas of the wasteland and was a little sad every time I completed the game.
Old World Blues? And I thought I played all the expansion packs somehow I missed that one. Thank you, I'll run out and buy that today! Thank you!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I love those vehicles! And yes you are right those fat tires are the best for all kinds of off-road conditions.

TruBrit, I love all the though you put into you response. Many good points. A far as repairs, I have taken many automotive and motorcycle repair courses and used to work in a shop, I own a couple of rollaway tool cabinets, air compressor and such which probably won't work, no power, but I could do a decent job at getting the vehicles going of course I would have to raid a auto parts store or cannibalize other vehicles for parts)

But you are absolutely right. Much depends on the scenario and a motorized vehicle would be a bigger target are easier to spot and hear!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

They give you little bottles of water!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tRiP2BrAiN

It's for Fallout: New Vegas not Fallout 3.

Broken Steel is a must for Fallout 3 if you don't have it. Level exp. to 30 and no ending.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tRiP2BrAiN

You know that Motoped thing?

It appears to be bolted together with those triangular headed bolts. If its a standard size fitting, then you might be alright, but if not, then you would either have to fashion one somehow, or face the thing simply being broken without any hope of repair at some point!

At least it appears to come with a crossbow and a shovel though... Those come in handy for all sorts of things!

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Actually, I think I want to change my answer. I would rather find some super muscly guy and put a big pyramid on his head (basically make him cosplay Pyramid Head from Silent Hill) and then ride on his back, proclaiming myself a goddess.

I know it's a big step from "bicycle" but I think the endgame of any scenario (apocalypse or not) will result in me riding Pyramid Head through the wastelands.

Holy crap, I can't believe I found a picture of Pyramid Head giving somebody a piggyback ride but I found one when looking for a normal picture of him just now:

So, yeah...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AnteBellum

Thank you

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Cuervo

Can I change my answer to yours?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

TrueBrit, you are definitely on to something. I checked and a lot of the replacement parts are available for the Motoped. That would be the way to go would be to have on hand many of the replacement parts on hand, extra tires, hubs and such.

Cuervo, you would have many people avoiding you with that horrific sight.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This is what I have. I charge it off my solar arrray and battery bank. Its real fast and totally silent. 29 mph without pedaling, 38 if you pedal hard. Zombies cant keep up, or hear you coming. It goes a full 25 miles on a charge, and recharges in 4 hours or less. It has a 1200 watt 1.2 horsepower motor and a 48 volt Lithium Iron battery. It I run out of power I can still pedal.
Here it is: www.electricvehiclemall.com...

Its a limited edition. I have the red one. I love riding it, ant it turns alot of heads. I keep up with cars in town and often pass them
edit on 24-8-2015 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum
a reply to: Cuervo

Can I change my answer to yours?

Totally, you can have the skinny one!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Visitedbythem, It sounds like you are already prepared! And thanks for the reminder I need to get some fuel stablizer

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join