It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's round up all the illegal immigrants!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: TsukiLunar
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

That's great for them! They're Americans too! Go team!

Ok first, you have one of the most holier than though, asinine, flamboyant, in your face, I'm right your wrong passive aggressive posting styles I have seen, and you disturb me for that. Essentially you have nothing of value to say, and you believe that making feel good posts about the immigration problem offers some solution and or new way of dealing with this.

When it comes to immigration a real problem does exist; when illegal immigration has become the preferred method of entry south of the border. Surely I could mention a country's sovereignty, and security!

However, perhaps you feel independent country's shouldn't exist? Or that, security is an illusionary meaningless abstract concept. If this is the case we can't have a conversation,but How could I know you haven't really laid out any position other than come one come all, enter how you please, # everyone who enters legally. Also you ignore the burden these folks put on the country tax as a whole.

Now, deporting the folks that are here and have children and have been here is just not reasonable, the immigration problem has been mostly turned a blind eye to and therefor allowed to occur.

Since that is the case what we need to do is integrate the existing illegals into our system, and have a tougher policy on further illegal immigration and secure our border And if that means build another Great Wall then so be it, this post revolves around the idea of a nations sovereignty & security

I'm all for feel good posts and trying to be positive, but do not paint this anyway other than that, you didn't offer any solutions you just put others down, from your high and mighty peoples champion position and it's flakey and lazy and lazy at best.

I'd like you to define your position better so we all can have a productive conversation, rather than a emotional one. If my words have been to harsh, I do not intend them to be so and wish you the best have a good one
edit on 23-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Picture the scenario flipping.
The U.S. is now such a crap hole that you have to swim across the Rio Grande to Mexico to work for sub standard wages to feed your family.
What would you do?
You can bet your bippy it would be hell.
People shouldn't treat others this way. As far as we know, we've only got one planet. National boundaries are a worn out old horse.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
Picture the scenario flipping.
The U.S. is now such a crap hole that you have to swim across the Rio Grande to Mexico to work for sub standard wages to feed your family.
What would you do?
You can bet your bippy it would be hell.
People shouldn't treat others this way. As far as we know, we've only got one planet. National boundaries are a worn out old horse.

That's the way I see it, too. My example is usually this: What would Americans do if Canada had a minimum wage equivalent to $40 USD an hour? And what if Canadian employers were willing to pay $20-22 USD/hr in cash under the table to any Americans, as long as they didn't have to add us onto their official payrolls? Then they wouldn't have to provide us w/benefits or pay the taxes associated w/us, which would decrease their costs even more.

There would be a similar flood of illegal immigration into Canada and many entire Canadian industries would change their business models to exploit the new American immigrants as much as possible. Canada's right wing leaders would say similar anti-immigrant stuff against us, all while passing policies that hastened the flood of illegal immigration because it helped their investments.

This back & forth between Mitt Romney & Rick Perry during the 2012 Repub debates is a perfect example of what I'm talking about.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:30 AM
link   
how many of those LEGAL immigrants, have PAID, their way....how ignorant to believe that most enter legally, so many civil servants are and will continue to be bought or, the Immigrants are rich enough and have value to enter our countries, but they don't stay and spend money, they invest in property....and go back home...those here illegally, are working harder than most of us and have families to support and they are doing jobs, that we expect our teenagers to do to teach them....ethics.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Rounding them up in 10 states and in DC would be easy. Those are the areas Illegals are allowed driver licenses. When you know where they live, you can round them up easy.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You don't need to round up illegals, you just need to target businesses that employe's them. The Federal government should copy the IRS program to catch businesses for tax evasion. They give anyone who turn in a business for tax evasion a percentage of the money IRS collects. Give any American who turns in a business that employe's illegals 30% of the fine. If illegals can't find work here, they will have to return to the place they came from or sneak into Mexico or Canada to find work.

I have no problems with legal immigration long as we set some restrictions. We should make sure Americans have decent paying jobs before we allow immigration. We should remind immigrants that it's a privilege to come here not a right. They should become Americans, not Mexican Americans or whatever country they came from Americans. That means learn to speak/write in English. If you really want your family to have a better life, it starts with making sure they learn English language.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Every time a state enforces laws that target employers or make it tough for illegals to live in that state, many pick up and move to neighboring states. The phenomena is called self deportation.

If we made a true effort to make it all but impossible to subsist in this country illegally by targeting employers who hire illegals, not allowing illegals into the entitlement system, not giving illegals any documentation, rigorously enforcing anti-fraud measures (to guard against documentation and identity theft), and enforcing the laws on the books, many would likely go home.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Empathy? I thought that they were just unformed clumps of cells.... Oh whoops wrong thread
edit on 23-8-2015 by avgguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I've got a better idea. Let's round up all the politicians and business people who are promoting mass immigration and hang them upside down by their goolies.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: CJCrawley
I've got a better idea. Let's round up all the politicians and business people who are promoting mass immigration and hang them upside down by their goolies.

What better way to get a bigger voting base then creating one?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aliensun
a reply to: Teikiatsu

It is a paradox for me. Progressives want to give the country away because they love everybody....

But then they think nothing of killing the unborn for a reason of convenience.

To conservatives, if an unborn is killed by a doctor it's murder, but if a pregnant woman in a war torn country is killed by a smart bomb, its patriotism.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Actually no, it's tragic.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I think we just need to go ahead and annex Mexico. At least that way we might finally have a secure border.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Wonder how many posters on this thread actually ARE citizens of the US? Seems to me it is easy to comment if you have no skin in the game.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Aliensun

What about the inconvenient truth of rounding up babies and sending them.....where?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: TsukiLunar

people spend years attaining citizenship in america. legally becoming a citizen is not that cheap. you have to have medical exams at your own expense, pay filing fees for your paperwork that can cost up to 1500 dollars and deal with the whole bureaucratic process and myriad other small fees. you have to learn about our history and learn our language. not only that, but the reason they come here is because so many other first world countries have a lot of restrictions, and some only allow skilled people in certain trades they are lacking to apply for citizenship. i think we need a lot more restrictions on immigration in general. there is a point at which our country won't be able to sustain the population and it's already starting to happen. so no. in my personal opinion we should not just grant everyone amnesty. what happened to hard work and positive results? i think all the immigrants who are here illegally are just an insult to those who actually love our country enough to become legal citizens.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Aliensun

What about the inconvenient truth of rounding up babies and sending them.....where?

What difference does it make?They are only fetal tissue,right?I want a Lamborghini.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

I am a citizen, yes. And no skin in the game? Hah! I already pointed out that illegal immigrants cost taxpayers over US$100B per year! That's an average of over $1,100 per year per taxpayer.

What could I do with an extra $1,100 annually?

Four car payments.
Or one house payment, plus a few hundred into the principle.
Or nearly an entire year of our family plan cell phone service.
Or six months car insurance for both cars.
A really great, long, much needed camping trip.

Yeah, no skin in the game...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: blondegiraffe

I think lives are more important than money, don't you?

The "illegals" risk their lives coming over here. I think the fact that people have the money to buy citizenship is an insult to the people who almost die coming here.

If you don't think the non-documented work hard, you haven't been paying attention.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
National boundaries are a worn out old horse.

I find it funny that this is a recurring theme. A few people have said things along this line I this thread. (Sorry to single you out. You're not the only one to say this, just the most recent for me to find. Nothing personal.)

Doesn't that sort of seem like a New World Order type thing to say though? Abolish all borders, but there still has to be a government. So one government then, since there aren't national boundaries anymore. Might as well have one currency then too.

I know that's taking it to the extreme, and I'm not even a subscriber of a greater New World Order conspiracy, but it seems like a slippery slope in that direction.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join