It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Differences in Muslims Must Be Exploited

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:46 PM
link   
At the risk of getting back on topic, I'd like to offer up the following information concerning the US strategy regarding the Muslims:

Today, America's policy on Islamic movements has turned full circle. In order to counter the radical fringe of Islamism that it had so fervently courted till recently, America is desperately scouting around for 'liberal' Muslim allies who can sell an alternate vision and version of Islam that fits into the American scheme of things. This explains the sudden flurry of conferences and publications on 'liberal Islam' and the setting up of NGOs in Muslim countries with liberal American financial assistance. The underlying aim of these diverse activities appears to be the same: to promote an understanding of Islam that cheerfully accepts American hegemony, camouflaged as global modernity, as normative and, indeed, 'normal'. This goal, is, of course, not stated openly. Rather, it is generally clothed in the garb of high-sounding slogans such as 'democracy', 'human rights', 'liberalism', and 'pluralism'. As a liberal myself I can have no problems with the promotion of such values, but that America is hardly serious about this overdose of liberal rhetoric in the Muslim world is too obvious to need any substantiation, as its ongoing imperialist venture in Iraq and its brazen support for Israeli crimes in Palestine so tragically suggest.

www.islaminterfaith.org...

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And this is exactly the evasive, unprovable bs that you've made your rep on, ECK.

If you were a prosecutor, would you walk into a courtroom and tell the defense attorney to make your case for you? Of course not. But that's what you expect of others; to prove what you say is true.

:shk:

[edit on 3-1-2005 by jsobecky]

I'm sorry jsobecky, each of your responses to me are a copout. Add something to the debate other than your hate. Otherwise, feel free to pollute someone else's thread.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Then I don't get it, if the Shiite are the ruling class in Iran and soon to be in Iraq then why so much hatred between US and Iran.

The U.S. government does not have friends. Only convenient alliances. So far in Iraq, the Shi'as have been somewhat helpful to us, so we've cultivated that relationship. They know they are in the majority, so they've tried to keep things under control. They're not stupid. They're more than willing to support our Democracy, because, for the first time (at least in an eon) they will be the majority.

How things change.. our CIA helped install Saddam and his Ba'athist party when that was convenient.

Yes, Marg.. it's sheer hypocrisy.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Thanks ECK, it makes a lot of sense, It seems to me, not wonder US has a so many enemies in the world with its foreign policies, and people wonder why we are hate by the middle east.

Well all you have to do is look what we had done through the years in that region and what we are trying to accomplish with our actions in the region as now.

Pity, building enemies at expenses of US citizens lives is just another day of business for our administrations.

I said administrations not "the present administration" this one is just another layer.

posted on Jan, 4 2005 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Yes.. each administration has their secrets. None are without controversy. All have been hypocritical to some degree or the other. One thing is for sure, tho; Democrat or Republican.. we stand united behind our OIL doctrine.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
I'm sorry jsobecky, each of your responses to me are a copout. Add something to the debate other than your hate. Otherwise, feel free to pollute someone else's thread.

Hate, ECK? No, just "no respect" is more like it. Start backing up what you say, or stop polluting the board with hate topics.

Every time you post empty, sensationalistic rhetoric and call it "da truth", you can bet I'll be there to call you on it.

You'll thank me for it someday.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Hate, ECK? No, just "no respect" is more like it. Start backing up what you say, or stop polluting the board with hate topics.

HATE?
i belive the biggest HATEBREEDER around here is your u.s. goverment, spreading democracy with "fire & brimstone", similar to middle ages spanish inquisition! your goverment and people who support their actions!
you are they guys world should really fear,
since hatred is your weapon of choice.
hate and fear.
and not
peace and love.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by Souljah]

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Every time you post empty, sensationalistic rhetoric and call it "da truth", you can bet I'll be there to call you on it.

You'll thank me for it someday.

[edit on 5-1-2005 by jsobecky]

I will go ahead and thank you now for the comic relief.

Seriously though, stay off my threads if you have nothing to add concerning the subject. Your angry disposition and personal attacks add nothing to the conversation.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah

i belive the biggest HATEBREEDER around here is your u.s. goverment, spreading democracy with "fire & brimstone", similar to middle ages spanish inquisition!

This administration is little better than the religious fundamentalists in the mid-east. It's the "our way or the highway" mentality that just boggles the mind. "you're either with us, or against us." That is the mentality of a grade school brat. I can totally understand why we are so reviled.

The United States has never, at least openly, advocated such an insane foreign policy. This is NOT what we are about as a nation. Our government has been hijacked by lunatics (NEO Cons)!

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Seriously though, stay off my threads if you have nothing to add concerning the subject. Your angry disposition and personal attacks add nothing to the conversation.

Sorry, this is not your personal playground, ECK.

Stop playing the martyr - it's pathetic, you trolling for the pity response.

I don't give a rats a$$ about your politics. But when you try to pass off tripe as facts, such as:

Inflation is rampant!
or
US Congressmen formulate policy based upon pedophiliac blackmail

you can be sure you'll be called upon to back it up.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:32 PM
link   

More nothing, from you. Thanks, but no thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
As long as you keep ranting on my threads, I suppose more and more people will read them. So, if you just can't stay away, so be it. Thanks for the attention.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Divide and conquer. Isn't that the fundamental theory in warfare? I'm wouldn' t be that surprised to find out that the US was using this exact strategy. Now will the Muslims realize this is happening? I really doubt that they will get that point out, or that the US will let them believe this. They are too busy squabbling with each other.
I've often wondered if the same effort wasn't being implemented in the US itself. Republicans vs. Democrats. Conservative vs. liberal. I think it's basically a NWO strategy. Divide and conquer through any means.

posted on Jan, 5 2005 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
Divide and conquer. Isn't that the fundamental theory in warfare? I'm wouldn' t be that surprised to find out that the US was using this exact strategy.

This administration clearly wants to sow chaos. The longer instability reigns, the longer our presence is required.

I've often wondered if the same effort wasn't being implemented in the US itself. Republicans vs. Democrats. Conservative vs. liberal.

You can bet it is. And the people fall for it constantly. The only rememedy, which I've long advocated, is to get behind a third, fourth or fifth party. The only way we can even hope to get this government under control is to break up the establishment's monopoly on politics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join