It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Report: Differences in Muslims Must Be Exploited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Divide and conquer. Oldest game in the book. The folks at Rand and at Bush's, I mean Cheney's Pentagon, are so out of their minds. Well, I stand corrected.. criminally insane is more like it. Their goal is to stick a crowbar into the divisions already festering and to prop up Shia power. It's total old Soviet tactics. They actually suggest appointing government annointed religious leaders to control their followers. I don't like anti-American BS being taught any more than any other concerned citizen, but ya know what? Perhaps we should try addressing the causes of all this hatred first, without the Orwellian BS being employed. If we would do that, none of this crap would be necessary.

Did I mention, the vast majority of Arab Gulf states are Sunni Muslim. Is that what we really want.. to further inflame that majority and to prop up Shia's, who can be quite the religious fanatics we claim to despise. Think: Saudi. Those folks are the repressive MOFO's on earth.

All of this just further proves that this administration wants nothing short of never-ending war. If our country knows whats good for it, we would rise up and demand our representatives remove these maniacle SOB's from office.

Differences among Muslims be exploited: US study's recommendation

uploaded 28 Dec 2004

SAN FRANCISCO, Dec 27: A new study of the Rand Corporation - a leading US think tank - advocates that Sunni, Shia and Arab, non-Arab divides should be exploited to promote the US policy objectives in the Muslim world.

The recently released Rand study - titled "US Strategy in the Muslim World After 9/11" - has been conducted on behalf of the Deputy Chief of Staff for Air and Space Operations, US Air Force.

One of the primary objective of the study was to "identify the key cleavages and fault lines among sectarian, ethnic, regional, and national lines and to assess how these cleavages generate challenges and opportunities for the United States."

The Study pointed out that the majority of the world's Muslims are Sunni, but a significant minority, about 15 per cent of the global Muslim population, are Shias. It went on to say that the expectations of Iraqi Shia for a greater say in the governance of their country presents an opportunity for the United States to align its policy with Shia aspirations for greater freedom of religious and political expression, in Iraq and elsewhere.
www.khilafah.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
then this is also a war of religions,
and is very similar to what hitler did with jews during ww2; blamed everything on them:
"...lots of jews in russia, so we have to attack russia, you know! there is their jew leader! we must capture him and kick him in the balls!"
...and by the way take their oil and other cool stuff.

that kind of mentality is very similar to bush goverment actions.
correct me if i am wrong.

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Every tactic this administration uses is straight outta Hitler's playbook. Anyone who has studied it can see it crystal clear. It is far more frightening than any Osammy or Zaraqawi boogie man. It is they (BushCo. & Sharon's Likud) who terrorize the world.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Every tactic this administration uses is straight outta Hitler's playbook. Anyone who has studied it can see it crystal clear.

Straight outta Hitler's playbook. I never studied Hitler's playbook, ECK, but it is apparently crystal clear to you, eh?

Perhaps we should try addressing the causes of all this hatred first, without the Orwellian BS being employed. If we would do that, none of this crap would be necessary.

What are the causes of all this hatred, ECK? Let me know when the apology by the US comes up as necessary.

PS: Love your source!

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
Every tactic this administration uses is straight outta Hitler's playbook. Anyone who has studied it can see it crystal clear. It is far more frightening than any Osammy or Zaraqawi boogie man. It is they (BushCo. & Sharon's Likud) who terrorize the world.

[edit on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]
All one has to do is do a google search on Hitler

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Let me get this straight...................ECK would deny a majority from having a say over their political future in one country..........because.....well....

They're a minority in the region

Plus whats wrong with this sentence from the link ECK so kindly provided, is it not one of the reasons people came to the US from Europe in the first place forming a bulwork of ideas this country(US) was founded on?

It went on to say that the expectations of Iraqi Shia for a greater say in the governance of their country presents an opportunity for the United States to align its policy with Shia aspirations for greater freedom of religious and political expression, in Iraq and elsewhere.

The question begs to be asked "who really is advocating oppression"

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Every tactic this administration uses is straight outta Hitler's playbook. Anyone who has studied it can see it crystal clear.

Straight outta Hitler's playbook. I never studied Hitler's playbook, ECK, but it is apparently crystal clear to you, eh?

Perhaps we should try addressing the causes of all this hatred first, without the Orwellian BS being employed. If we would do that, none of this crap would be necessary.

What are the causes of all this hatred, ECK? Let me know when the apology by the US comes up as necessary.

Have you ever heard of a public library.. or perhaps Google?
You have now. Use it. The cause of hatred, my dear boy, lies in the heart of man. We call it racism. You are familiar with that concept? Study Hitler's rise. Then maybe you'll be armed with enuff knowledge to discuss this subject intelligently.

PHOENIX,
What right do we have invading a sovereign nation and then telling them when and how to vote? If it was your country, you'd be fightin mad. Or are you one of these knobs who subscribe to double standards?

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:03 PM
link   

You have now. Use it. The cause of hatred, my dear boy, lies in the heart of man. We call it racism. You are familiar with that concept? Study Hitler's rise. Then maybe you'll be armed with enuff knowledge to discuss this subject intelligently.

PHOENIX,
What right do we have invading a sovereign nation and then telling them when and how to vote? If it was your country, you'd be fightin mad. Or are you one of these knobs who subscribe to double standards?

i think we are wasting precious time here partner...

a wise man learns from history,
a fool learns when its too late!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Nope. I'm not going to do your research for you. You made the wild-assed allegations, now back them up with proof. That is, if you can, which I doubt.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Funny, that the Shiite are the more "friendly" to the US as now, but I will predict that as soon they become in power in Iraq, the power struggle and assasinations will get worst and things will not get any better like the US is hoping for.

When my husband was in the gulf, he remembers that whenever something happened to the oil fields in Kuwait, the companies would divided the tribes and the first ones to be question were the Sunnis, they have a mean nature, and they will always strike back with the help of their Sunni allies tribesmen in other countries. To this people tribal members is not about borders is about race.

Now if the whole Idea is to decimate a majority tribal members I wish US all the luck is going to need because it will be many casualties in the process.

Sometimes I wonder as the mental capacity of our leaders in the governments.

[edit on 3-1-2005 by marg6043]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Last I knew, Sunnis were dominant in Saudi...

Speaking from experience (lived a few years in Riyadh), I'd MUCH rather live with Sunni than Shiite muslims, if looking at their "death to America" levels... Iran if I'm not mistaken, is mostly Shiite muslims. No matter who eventually comes to power in Iraq, they'll warp a democracy into a theocracy in no time flat, because that's really what they want.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

. No matter who eventually comes to power in Iraq, they'll warp a democracy into a theocracy in no time flat, because that's really what they want.

I agree with you, but I though that the shiite are in power in Iran but the sunni are majority in the country.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I agree with you, but I though that the shiite are in power in Iran but the sunni are majority in the country.

May be the case, they've been in power so long, just doesn't seem plausible that they are the minority though....

Still, the Shiites are the ones who believe Jihad is a true war in the killing sense, whereas the Sunnis believe Jihad is more of a war of ideas to be fought with words. Still, there are other muslims who fall somewhere between these two as well.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Speaking from experience (lived a few years in Riyadh), I'd MUCH rather live with Sunni than Shiite muslims, if looking at their "death to America" levels... Iran if I'm not mistaken, is mostly Shiite muslims. No matter who eventually comes to power in Iraq, they'll warp a democracy into a theocracy in no time flat, because that's really what they want.

Damn, beat me to it.

Yes, the Sunni are dominant in Saudi Arabia, as the rest of the middle east. The Shia are dominant in Iran and Iraq.

I actually don't see this as a bad thing. The Shia, while having some elements of oppresion, are no where near as bad as the Sunnis. The Sunnis are what produced Bin laden, aand that what Al Zarqawi is.

And since the Shia make up the majority of Iraq, I can see the wisdom of letting them have a bigger say.

Addressing the hate between the two groups is pointless. They have hated each other for thousands of years, the difference being their ideologies. There rreally is no Reconcilliation, save one group submits to the other, and that aint gonna happen.

If someone is gonna be in charge of Iraq, better the Shia than the Sunnis. Not only are the Shia the majority in that country, but they also can be reasoned with better, and don't have as nearly as much extremist tendancies as the Sunnis. The Shia are also alot more open minded on certain issues than the Sunni, like allowing girls to attend school and such. They also tend to be slightly less oppresive of other religons.

I dont see this as divide and conquer. The division was there, was always there, and always will be there. During his reign, saddam, who was Sunni, was very abusive towards the Shia, while the Sunni got off alot easier. The Shia wanted to overthrow him, wile the Sunni wanted to keep him. I honestly dont see anything sinister here. As i said, these people are not reconciliable. Its better to have the majority running the show anyway, as that is what is democratic.

I see Sunnis bombing Shia mosques ALOT more than than Shia bombing Sunni mosques.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
By the way, for reference purposes, here is a site explaining the difference and split between the Sunnis and Shiites, for those who are not familiar with Islam and its different sects.

www.islamfortoday.com...

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Hitler was a pussycat.

And I have eyewitness' to prove it.

Hey, the anger at the Bush administration has possible physical and mental side effects.

Anyway, it is my opinion, and just that alone....

Any way the U.S. can defeat the Islamofacists is just fine with me.

edited to fix grammer
smoken'

[edit on 3-1-2005 by smokenmirrors]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:16 PM
link   

this isnt racism its against religon not race but every other thing u said i moslty agree with mate

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Nope. I'm not going to do your research for you. You made the wild-assed allegations, now back them up with proof. That is, if you can, which I doubt.

Exactly the response I've come to expect from you.
The Germans were equally blind and/or willfully ignorant as they allowed Hitler to rise.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 04:41 PM
link   
And this is exactly the evasive, unprovable bs that you've made your rep on, ECK.

If you were a prosecutor, would you walk into a courtroom and tell the defense attorney to make your case for you? Of course not. But that's what you expect of others; to prove what you say is true.

:shk:

[edit on 3-1-2005 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Then I don't get it, if the Shiite are the ruling class in Iran and soon to be in Iraq then why so much hatred between US and Iran.

I find this hypocritical.

So far the shiites has been pleasant to the US in Iraq, and for what I can see, as soon they get in power they probably kiss US bye bye.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join