It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Katherine Albrecht: Windows 10 Is Full Blown Electronic Tyranny

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Informer1958

Yes I have it on two machines so far a laptop with a mic & built in camera, on a new i7 machine I just got which will be my main computer for photo editing soon with no mic or camera, I will also update the machine I am typing this on in the next week or so which has no mic or camera.

Why do I have it , I wanted to try it if I am happy with it, it will stay on if not I will go back to Win 7 Ultimate no sensationalising and paranoia from some Caitlyn Jenner look alike will make me decide.

Do you really think that every word spoken is recorded and kept from MILLIONS of users , or it simply it goes to a sever to work out whats being said to give them suggestions or complete tasks.

I never saw the same paranoia re SIRI on apple phones which will work in a similar fashion !

It's a very easy way for people like the good Dr to get hits & new listeners appeal to PARANOIA, looks like it's working for her.

edit on 23-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
But honestly if any of that is true the EU will put Microsoft out of existence with all the fines. Don't like the EU much but they live for things like this, about only good thing about it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

When you agree to windows TC, you are agreeing for them to turn on your microphone. Windows 10 has a keyboard program that records all your information, including emails, your financial information, your online Banking, letters you have wrote, your online shopping, all your web searches.

Oh dear!

I'm going to start surfing on my smart phone from now on...But they are tracking me as well. Maybe I'll start surfing on my smart TV, surely they can't track-wait, they can.

There is no escape-until you become a luddite.

edit on 23-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

There is no escape-until you become a luddite.

Your semi tongue-in-cheek reply just made an excellent point.

Because becoming a luddite is exactly the answer:

Stop buying MS products, stop buying things that track you in any capacity.

Start speaking with your wallet and those sick people incorporating more surveillance will quite literally fade from this society. Those monsters will go bankrupt. Those corrupt products will go extinct.

So yes, becoming a luddite is the exact answer. Show some self-restraint and deny yourself gadgets for a greater cause.

Katherine Albrecht is fantastic, btw. She's here on a mission--and she's getting her job done well.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I downloaded the windows 10 update for my 5 month old HP laptop and it completely screwed it up. lol

I don't even know where to begin.

First issue was the hibernate/sleep not working at all anymore, so I had to hold the power button down to reboot, or restart after the laptop attempted sleep mode. Basically it was either full on or full off no in between.

Second it loaded slowly.

It wouldn't run some of my older apps so I went back to windows 8

The positive is I like the layout, but it was not enough to keep me into the OS and wait for patches and fixes.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Almost everything you install on your computer can track you in one way or another. Unless you completely forgo computing, you are going to be subjected to people tracking all you do. The world is not going to stop using computers, phones, software... corporations are not going to go bankrupt, that is a pipe-dream.

Either embrace and protect yourself as much as possible, or just don't use computers or phones, at all. Those are basically your options. For many, their computer and phone is key to their livelihood, and they can't simply stop using them in protest.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
People still use PC's/Windows based computers?

All kidding aside, this is disgusting to me. Enough is enough with the spying on everyone and everything.

And, how is this even legal? Is it because they are in bed w/the security agencies??

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
I read it tracked and recorded whatever windows thought it wanted including possibly emails.
However I read you could opt out upon installing which Microsoft probably assumed most people would not go through all the trouble.
Maybe someone here can tell me if it works at stopping the snooping including not turning on the microphone.
Here's a link for how to opt out.

www.electronicproducts.com...

I correctly assumed Microsoft wasn't giving away Windows 10 just because they are nice people. They are going to collect personal data on everyone who doesn't opt out and sell that personal information. To get as many people as possible, they are giving away the new version. This makes sense to me as far as their profit incentive. I knew there had to be a catch when I heard it was free.

interesting. I am using windows 7 but never see any pop ups suggesting I upgrade. I wonder if I turned all that off?
edit on 23/8/15 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i'll not be 'upgrading' to 10, despite the pop-up urging me to do so every time i switch on my laptop.
their persistance bolsters my resistance. they're pushing it too much. no thanks.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: RoScoLaz4

Learn how to remove that annoying popup here.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008
Do you really think that every word spoken is recorded and kept from MILLIONS of users , or it simply it goes to a sever to work out whats being said to give them suggestions or complete tasks.
I don't know. How much data can four 25,000 square foot data halls hold if they are completely filled with data storage servers, and what are they going to put on them?

The NSA Is Building the Country’s Biggest Spy Center (Watch What You Say)

Data halls

Four 25,000-square-foot facilities house rows and rows of servers...

Given the facility’s scale and the fact that a terabyte of data can now be stored on a flash drive the size of a man’s pinky, the potential amount of information that could be housed in Bluffdale is truly staggering. But so is the exponential growth in the amount of intelligence data being produced every day by the eavesdropping sensors of the NSA and other intelligence agencies. As a result of this “expanding array of theater airborne and other sensor networks,” as a 2007 Department of Defense report puts it, the Pentagon is attempting to expand its worldwide communications network, known as the Global Information Grid, to handle yottabytes (1000000000000000000000000 bytes) of data. (A yottabyte is a septillion bytes—so large that no one has yet coined a term for the next higher magnitude.)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

thank you! done it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: RoScoLaz4

thank you! done it.

No prob!

Now if we all do it together, Microsoft will realize it can take their latest spy grid OS and shove it!

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Keystroke logging!? No way! Oh wait, that's a lie. It was part of the technical preview for rapid development (and it worked pretty well). Likely, when you had a system crash it would send an error report with the last xxx amount of key strokes so they could better troubleshoot the problem and fix it. But alas, the key logger was removed from the final version.

Microphone recording meetings!? No way! Oh wait, another lie. You can turn off cortana and the microphone whenever you please. In fact, microsoft is so straight forward with this, they let you turn it off during the setup or after if you want. or you can go even further and disable it through third party software. link

And the people snooping in your computer, NSA can back up all your information and use it how they want too.

That's not even a coherent sentence. I missed the part of the EULA that mentioned the NSA.

As for the pirated games/peripheral devices issue brought up in the comments, This will only affect microsoft games (which are mostly xbox) what the peripheral devices means is a little foggy, but if you read this section again, thinking about the xbox you realize they're talking about controllers and modded xbox's. Maybe I'm wrong and all those cheap chinese peripherals will die, but I doubt it.

Look, the future of technology being able to assist you faster and faster (or even before you need it) requires the tech to know what you want and when. There is no feasible way to do this other than to monitor what you're doing, saying, etc. If you are worried some sinister human being is listening to your conversations, you're too high on yourself. Each person utilizes and creates ~5 gigs worth of data per day. the only things sifting through what you do are machines, people can't process that kind of data. I remember being told the same things about gmail, yet here i am 10+ years later, spouting off my anti-government opinions, and I've yet to have the NSA or any government agency show up at my door.

TLDR; The OP is full of it.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

On the contrary it does.
No. It doesn't.
There are some who tend to believe pretty much anything they see on youtube if it confirms their world view. That is not the same as someone who believes nothing they see on youtube.

In any case, both are gross generalizations.

Pretty much EVERYONE tends to believe what they see on youtube if it confirms their world view.

All 3 are gross generalizations.

We can agree that youtube is largely useless at this point, that is why it is so popular.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: orionthehunter
I read it tracked and recorded whatever windows thought it wanted including possibly emails.
However I read you could opt out upon installing which Microsoft probably assumed most people would not go through all the trouble.
Maybe someone here can tell me if it works at stopping the snooping including not turning on the microphone.
Here's a link for how to opt out.

www.electronicproducts.com...

I correctly assumed Microsoft wasn't giving away Windows 10 just because they are nice people. They are going to collect personal data on everyone who doesn't opt out and sell that personal information. To get as many people as possible, they are giving away the new version. This makes sense to me as far as their profit incentive. I knew there had to be a catch when I heard it was free.

interesting. I am using windows 7 but never see any pop ups suggesting I upgrade. I wonder if I turned all that off?

If anyone assumed anything different, they're crazy. Microsoft is jealous of the power google has gotten by mining everyone's data. Microsoft has to adapt or be crushed, they've chosen to adapt. But unlike many here, I don't see them as some sinister entity, they don't care about my data other than to get more money from me by targeting me with ads. I mean, what are they going to do with this data that is so sinsiter? provide me location based services!?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Here is a cookie for you.

Thanks, I hope it's sugar-free, I am diabetic.

Ya know I said "some" people, not everyone.

If it's only "some" and not all, the logical conclusion is that it's not something common to all, like the Windows version or the program version being used. Considering that JDownloader is a Java program the most likely candidate for the source of problems is the Java version used by those "some".

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
I have had Windows 10 installed for a while now. Since I have been a computer "geek" for nearly 35 years now , I have completely delved into what it does and doesnt do. So far, one of the best OS Microsoft has created to date.And about the "spying" , I have found nothing , and I mean nothing , out of the ordinary nor anything that isnt there with any other OS.What IS there , you can google and find tweaks that will turn it off.
Amazing that some people actually believe anything they hear . Usually those are the type of people that are afraid of progress. Something new frightens them. Or they know little about the technology.
If the new features actually concern you , get a good Internet Security suite. Google Windows 10 and turning off "spying features" . Learn a little about PCs and OSes and how they operate together.
Just to sum it up , did you know that since around 2000 and the advent of ATX power supplies your computer can be remotely turned off and on through the power supply? Bet you didnt.Have you ever had this happen ? Bet you havent.

So you mean to tell us the spying and other functions haven't been used then ??? Bet you are.

Anyways, just what is a "good internet security suite".

I fix pc's for people I know, and it has not mattered what they are running, they all get viruses by way of trickery, something these "SUITES" just never seem to be able to stop.

I do not use them at all, they are more invasive, damaging, and wasteful of my time.

When one comes around that actually works properly I would love to know.

And these dam suites make peoples computers slower, weaker, degrade faster, require more attention, harder to find problems, and cause lag while in video games.

Yuck.......

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Just curious, what is the greater cause?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
First issue was the hibernate/sleep not working at all anymore, so I had to hold the power button down to reboot, or restart after the laptop attempted sleep mode. Basically it was either full on or full off no in between.

I had a similar problem on my home computer, as I never shut it down, I just leave it in sleep mode, but it kept on waking up. Then I remembered looking at the network card configuration and the "allow this device to activate the computer" (or something like that, I have the Portuguese version) was on. I turned it off and everything went back to normal.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join