It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oops! Jeb's Awkward Photo Mailer Fail

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Confuseus say "Man with one white hand and one black hand can play Ebony and Ivory solo, but a leader with one white hand and one black hand can teach a man to fish".

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
And it turns out, JEB'S hand was in SHADOW!!! It's NOT a black man's hand. And it wasn't a black man! Check this out!
Source

The photo of the candidate was cropped from an earlier pic, where he was posing together with potential voters. Then a new background of Cedar Rapids in Iowa was inserted into the poster, with the designer failing to notice that the now-unseen shadow from the original pic made Bush’s hand look black.

I will alert this thread and the mods can do what they wish with it.

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
It's so weird. There was a 'black hand' in one of Obama's family photos, too.

Much like Jeb, her hand is in shadow...

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Doc Holiday
It's not meant to resemble peeing in their river ...or did I miss it..a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

yeah really...the black hand wasn't the first thing I noticed, it was the long red "thing" coming out of his pants...geez, and I'm as hetero as you can get....plus, he is one of those politicians that only smiles with his mouth, the rest of his facial features give no indications of a smile....that's the creepy part to me.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Ah, that seems to solve the riddle.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Hey, he should probably choose this guy as his running mate.

Caution strong language

edit on 24-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

For those of us who deal with Photoshop on a daily basis, it's not just the hand that's the problem.

Also, it appears that his right hand is just layered above the original black hand.

Oh, and his head is too small for the body.

And he's a Bush.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 02:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

For those of us who deal with Photoshop on a daily basis, it's not just the hand that's the problem.

Also, it appears that his right hand is just layered above the original black hand.

I noticed that little black spot right at the elbow bend left arm.

The "artist" could have copied/cut a right arm pic, mirrored it, slipped it behind the left shoulder, layered the hand, blended it, and then adjusted contrast.

edit on 24-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So the campaign didn't "fake" some of Jeb, but what they did is crop him so it looks like he's posing in Iowa when he was nowhere near there, and the poor woman in the photo with him has been historically dumped in the river.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Annee

See my post at the top of this page. It is Jeb. It is Jeb's hand (in shadow). The only photoshop part is the background.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
a reply to: SlapMonkey
a reply to: Annee

See my post at the top of this page. It is Jeb. It is Jeb's hand (in shadow). The only photoshop part is the background.

If they paid someone to do that artwork.

They should demand at least a refund.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Actually the photo mishap and internet minor-meme occurred because they photoshopped out the woman who was casting the shadow. So yes, this is still a fake picture, both in setting and in context.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I looked at he picture and echoed the sentiment.

WHY, Jeb!

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT?

WHYWHYWHY?

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I looked at he picture and echoed the sentiment.

WHY, Jeb!

WHY ARE YOU RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT?

WHYWHYWHY?

Notice the nice easy ride he is getting while Trump takes all the heat. If some conspiracy people think Slick Willie put Trump in the mix to help Hillary, they didn't account for the lack of epic Bush bashing he would shield Jeb from.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

This is the first election cycle that I'm actively encouraging an alien invasion. Or a zombie apocalypse. Just hafta get the crossbow.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Hey, he should probably choose this guy as his running mate.

Caution strong language

Apologies for going off topic but whoever the kid is in the video, someone close to him should be concerned. He displays the personality of a person that eventually goes on a shooting spree. The headlines will read "he was such a normal kid, who would have known".

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 05:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And it turns out, JEB'S hand was in SHADOW!!! It's NOT a black man's hand. And it wasn't a black man! Check this out!
Source

The photo of the candidate was cropped from an earlier pic, where he was posing together with potential voters. Then a new background of Cedar Rapids in Iowa was inserted into the poster, with the designer failing to notice that the now-unseen shadow from the original pic made Bush’s hand look black.

I will alert this thread and the mods can do what they wish with it.

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
It's so weird. There was a 'black hand' in one of Obama's family photos, too.

Much like Jeb, her hand is in shadow...

I work in photoshop day in day out and honestly this doesn't cut it for me. This is damage control, quite well done but this also is not a real image. The lighting is off, the "shadow" is unnatural and if I was to hazard a guess is a tool which should never be used, the dreadful burn tool.

Also people haven't paid much attention to his "white" hand - it is his hand posed as closely to the models hand and placed over, hence the black outline which is not shadow. Shadows appear similar tones throughout an image, you don't get jet black shadow on white trousers only in one part of an image without some seriously harsh lighting.

Not to mention a reverse image search only yields this image in such a low size. This is far from resolved.

edit on 25/8/2015 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

The boy in the background right of the picture seems to have no shadow or just under his shoe, so it looks like the background sun was just about overhead. The only way that the shadows would be so different on Jeb and the woman would be if they were underneath something with a roof (tent, an overhang). So someone should go to the exact spot where this photo was taken and check to see if they were under an enclosure or if the spot is in full daylight. If they were supposedly standing in full daylight the lighting and shadows are inconsistent with the background.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I made a post about how his other hand gives away more than the "black" hand but it was removed because everyone is happy in thinking this is resolved so I will post it here instead. Right-click then open the image in a new tab to read/see better

This is a continuation after this matter was supposedly deemed resolved by the ATS community. I am not in line with the resolution and I want to put across my reasoning why in this post and why the supposed original shouldn't be accepted off the bat.

I will look into the lighting of Jeb and how the "shadow" cast by his right hand is unnatural to the global lighting of his torso/face and how it is still unresolved in the supposed "original" (which has enough oddities on its own to be called fake)

My conclusion is that it was indeed a black model being used in his place and that the "original" was quickly put together as damage control in an effort to reduce the fall out. His team has mostly gotten away with this but to keen eyed viewers it is obvious that the original is just as bad as the photoshopped campaign poster/mailer.

I won't go into details as to why the original is also photoshopped as I touched on this in the first thread (Here), but if requested I can go into a little more detail. In essence what I am explaining in my image applies also to the "original" image, the lighting doesn't match the shadow of his "white" hand.

Mod's don't close this down without reading, this is not a rehash of the other posts

Was closed down in seconds lol
edit on 25/8/2015 by constant_thought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: constant_thought

I think the picture part of the mailer is resolved, BUT I understand that this is a conspiracy board and you are free to discuss your ideas. This is a PICTURE, not an exact accurate representation of reality. I would wager you could find discrepancies like that on ANY photo that had been manipulated with an editor. Just being loaded into an editor and re-sizing the picture is going to create subtle changes in lighting and shadow because of pixel sizes.

There is another interesting angle to this picture, however. It looks like Bush's Campaign is working more closely with the Super PAC than the law allows.

More "Shady" Revelations about Bush's Mailer

The Bush aligned Right to Rise Super PAC paid for the slick mailer, but it was produced and mailed by a company that is owned by David Kochel, one of Jeb Bush’s top campaign strategists.

Expenditure filings with the Federal Election Commission show that Right to Rise PAC paid Kochel’s Redwave Communications in Des Moines three payments totaling $82,958 on August 18th and 19th.

And Bush isn't the only one who has this "too cozy" relationship with his Super PAC.

The Bush campaign isn’t the only 2016 presidential campaign that is blurring the line between itself and its associated Super PAC. Louisiana Governor Bobby Jindal frequently attends town hall meetings in Iowa that are paid for and conducted by Believe Again, a Super PAC supporting his candidacy. A Super PAC, not her actual campaign, is conducting the grassroots organization in support of Carly Fiorina in Iowa. A Ben Carson Super PAC recently sent Iowans excerpts from a book Carson wrote. On the back, it reads, “Ben Carson for President!” Then it lists the name and address of the Super PAC.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 08:48 AM
link   
WOW!!!! What a great catch. That was definitely photo shop... a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join