It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ET Hasn’t visited us and Never will.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Visit north sentinel island and you'll get your answer.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
a reply to: Scdfa
ET could not have possibly visited us because before any species can develop inter-stellar travel they would have destroyed their own planet and driven themselves extinct before it is possible.

Opinion. Or... have you visited other planets where advanced civilizations thrived to arrive to such conclusion?

Anyway, it doesn't seem to be the case, considering for instance the little gray-like creatures (meaning, not human) that had been abducting people for almost a century.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

I think i am quite clear i am giving a opinion in the OP i talk about this being my belief rather than a absolute fact and actually I am also quite clear on the first page that this is just a thread for discussion. I am very open to the idea of alien visitation.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: glend

I'm with Glend. Furthermore I think life is more resilient than you give it credit for. The world has had its problems, its been through mass extinctions (the dinosaurs for example). Man kind has been through the black death. Civilizations have fallen (such as Rome). But life goes on.

We may very well kill off large parts of what's here. We will have to learn to adjust to new living conditions; but we've already done those things, we can do them again. There are underground shelters to ensure some of us survive even in an event such as world war 3.

We already have the technology to travel to other planets. We could start colonizing any time we want. I don't think we could completely destroy this planet. If we do set up colonies while civilization's still functioning, technology religion and culture would continue to develop. We would have back-up of all the important things even after world war three.

When I look at life here, I see it has vulnerabilities and setbacks, but in the long run it looks unstoppable. I'd be shocked if life didn't arise on and outgrow other planets.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   
In an infinite universe anything that is possible can occur. Whether they visited us now or before is very debatable. There is no way all of the worlds governments could enforce silence so the chances of deliberate concealment are very low.
They could have better hints at real data on the subject though.
Somewhere out there in the galaxy many other forms of intelligent life exist but we are in a rather uninteresting part of the universe off the normal pathways. They won't beat a path to our door until we get interesting.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: datasdream
They could have better hints at real data on the subject though.

"Better hints at real data." You should read the paper I posted...it will give you some of the best data available, at least to us...

Somewhere out there in the galaxy many other forms of intelligent life exist but we are in a rather uninteresting part of the universe off the normal pathways. They won't beat a path to our door until we get interesting.

Just what makes you think this is not a "normal pathway?"

And what makes you think Terrestrials are not interesting?

The reality is that Earth and her civilization could hold a wealth of new data about civilizations at this current state of evolution...Earth could hold many answers about how a civilization proceeds from here, and moves into the future. These may be questions of some import to thers...as well as Terrestrials.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: tanka418
The reason why Earth is not interesting to aliens is that by the time they have developed star travel, they would have figured out everything we have or could teach them. Star travel is inordinately expensive, and to do so without a very good reason is unbelievable. We may think we're interesting, but that may just be vanity.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: StanFL
The reason why Earth is not interesting to aliens is that by the time they have developed star travel, they would have figured out everything we have or could teach them. Star travel is inordinately expensive, and to do so without a very good reason is unbelievable. We may think we're interesting, but that may just be vanity.

Gotta love these speculative answers, that of course will ignore the contact cases that already happened by thousands.

posted on Aug, 28 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Aren't we all Carbon based living entities?
Many Alien life forms exist on our planet, including us

I'm sure there is a vast colony of Extraterrestrials currently living within our planet and close by, as our solar system has many earth like planets, with advanced Alien life forms far older than we could imagine

We think of ourselves as special and unique, but really we are not

edit on 28-8-2015 by SPECULUM because: of Mork

posted on Aug, 29 2015 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: StanFL

How is the survival of the species for a "good" reason?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join