It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why ET Hasn’t visited us and Never will.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

ET’s might visit. Just like our scientists would visit a wild animals den, like jackals, wolves, or wild hogs…to see how the beasts live

So aliens want to see how the beast, human beings can kill their own children and wonder why

What kind of being makes war on itself?

Rapes its woman and children and nukes itself?

Destroys its own environment

And then have the audacity to think its anything other than a savage beast

I think they would be curious about that

So sure they'd visit but be dam sure they won't stay long....They'll just pass by and once in a while look to see whether human beings FINALLY get some dam sense

And you think ET is any different?!?

The only species that lives long enough, has the intelligence, the drive, etc.to leave their home world is that world's Apex predator.

Probability strongly suggests that he will have rapped and ruined his world to he very best of his ability.

All those things you think are so bad in Humans are an integral part of every single species that ever gets to step foot on anther world...no others will ever have the interest. So, all those evils, are actually the things that make Humans great, and give the basic ability to achieve more. So...stop kicking yourself for being a Human.

What will make Humans better is learning to control himself...and that too will happen with time.

But...You will never, ever, be anything more than a savage beast, for only a savage beast can survive.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   
It's really very simple.

The people of the Earth are aliens, who for the most part, with maybe some minor exceptions were seeded here.

Angels are aliens, who still visit us and who watch us. The gods so many worship and the myths that grew from the early arrivals attempting to explain things, are primarily and overwhelmingly sky-based for this reason.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Just a quick question...

Why is it that we always assume that there are advanced civilizations out there in the Great Beyond?

What makes that any more likely than we might be the first, or at least among the first...

Oh, I'm sure, as an article of faith, that there is life out yonder among the stars, but who says they're more advanced?

There are compelling cases to be made that any civilizations that are out there, at least some will be more advanced than we. But it all boils down, for the nonce, to conjecture. So, why can't we have been the first?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Just a quick question...

Why is it that we always assume that there are advanced civilizations out there in the Great Beyond?

Just "real time" timeline and the extensive varieties of species on earth that evolved from the original microbes.

As I said some (not all) scientists belief some planets may have formed before earth.

I'm not a scientist. I'm just one of those kids who looked "up" at an early age. So I've been interested in this kind of thing for a long time and have read a lot of ideas on it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Me, too. Been looking up for half a century, now...slightly more. ...and wondering for most of that.

I've just always thought it strange that we make our assumptions based on Earth history/environment... When odds are, the Universe is going to be different...maybe only slightly, then again, maybe so different as to beggar our wildest imaginings.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Perhaps I am not being clear enough, what I am trying to say is that for any species to advance from the wheel to inter-stellar travel would involved a processes of technological development that would lead to that species having to cause massive damage to its natural habitat.

Damage to the environment is being caused by materialism, not technical development, and I wouldn't call it irreversible by any stretch of the imagination. With a cleaner source of energy and recognition that more forests are needed to help convert CO2 into O2 our species could have a long road ahead of them. Given no natural disasters or world wars sends us back into the dark ages first.

At 1G acceleration it would take travellers less than 8 years to visit our closest 133 G- star type neighbours (or 52 years our time) that exist within 50LY of earth. It does seem to require a large commitment to energy that perhaps an advanced energy concious civilization would see as too wasteful. Perhaps they viewing us through super large telescopes instead.
edit on 22 8 2015 by glend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Artifacts that point to Aliens Visiting Earth

If aliens visited the Earth, their traces would be unusual, preternatural and having no scientific explanation. There have been plenty of such artifacts.

In 1959 joint Soviet-Chinese paleontologist expedition led by Dr Chzhou Minchen found a weird footprint in the Gobi desert. This footprint appeared in Gobi millions of years ago when dinosaurs were among the living species. Paleontologists are unable to give other explanations except for extraterrestrial visitor's version, to this footprint.

In Libyan desert mysterious glassy formations - tektites - were found. Radioactive isotopes were detected in the tektites. They prove that the tektites came into being as a result of strong radioactive emanation not earlier than one million years ago. The Earth was formed not millions, but billions of years ago, and tektites appeared on the formed planet. There were many attempts to give the explanation to these mysterious formations. There was a version that they appeared after comet collided with the Earth, but no version was able to explain many peculiar features of tektites, such as their concentration on some areas of the surface of the Earth.

Recently during aerial photography in the Andes in Naska plateau weird sings made of light stones has been found. There was a version that it was some solar calendar. Some of its lines were allegedly supposed to sparkle under sunrays in the days of equinox. However, the signs configuration could be could be seen from very big altitude. They looked like indicators for landing. Could they be put for those whose visit Incs were expecting?

Scientists saw unusual phenomena in Odessa catacombs. They found bones of fossilized ostriches, camels and hyenas in the burrow which was a cave in ancient times. The bones were processed one million year ago with some metal tools.

There was no contemporary human being one million years ago, the Stone Age had not even started at that time. What kind of metal tools could it be? There are round and square holes and grooves in the bones, some of the bones are polished.

Steel rectangle 67Ó67Ó47 millimeters in size and 785 grams in weight was found in by Austrian physician Mr. Gurlt in the layer of coal the tertiary period. This item was made by human beings.

High in the Andes, in the kingdom of ancient Inks, there is Titikaka lake. There are remains of the seashore around this lake - algae remains, shells and ruins of the sea-port.

How could a bay be raised to the mountains to become a lake?

Geologists have no common opinion on this. Some of them think this happened several hundred thousands years ago. There hardly were creatures capable of constructing sea-port at that time. Interestingly, ruins of giant constructions and well-preserved Sun Gates covered with hieroglyphs were found near the sea-port remains.

Scientists became interested in the hieroglyphs and managed to decode them. They were an astronomic calendar of high precision, however the year in this calendar had 290 days - ten months of 24 days and two months of 25 days. Obviously, there was extraterrestrial calendar on the Sun Gates.

Many mysteries are connected with the legendary state of ancient Incs. Spanish conquerors were amazed with the principles of Incs" society: no private property, contempt to wealth, mandatory work for everybody. Could aliens from some planet plant these features to Incs?

Balls of perfect geometry curved from granite were found in South America. The balls were located at the tops of correct polygons. It is hard to imagine that people knew Geometry several thousand years ago.

www.unexplainable.net...

This is just a few things to consider that man cannot explain.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Me, too. Been looking up for half a century, now...slightly more. ...and wondering for most of that.

I've just always thought it strange that we make our assumptions based on Earth history/environment... When odds are, the Universe is going to be different...maybe only slightly, then again, maybe so different as to beggar our wildest imaginings.

Oh yeah. There are some very weird species on earth. Everytime I see one, I think "Planet of the Apes" could be "Planet Anything". People make fun of Reptoids --- but, hey! Why not?

I don't think it's ridiculous at all.

Not to mention there are some really strange looking/behaving humanoids already among us.

I met Michael Horn (Billy Meier) once, he lives in Redondo Beach, CA. That dude is strange.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I really want to see your world.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   

In my opinion, we have already been "visited" and are co-existing with alien life every day. I believe that viruses originated somewhere else.

Scientist don't know where they came came from. They don't fit the parameters of the earthly life and they can survive in space. They exhibit intelligence and are extremely adaptable. Many viruses are absolutely necessary to life as we know it.

We may owe our survival and complexity to a stowaway virus that springs to life in the very first cells of human embryos. Not only does the virus seem to protect embryos from other viruses, but it also assists genes when the groundwork is under way for the body plan of a new human.

The finding backs the controversial idea that viruses which took up residence in our DNA millions of years ago may be playing the role of puppet master, quietly influencing our existence and evolution. “We are creatures controlled by viruses,” says Luis Villarreal of the University of California at Irvine.

Virus hiding in our genome protects early human embryos

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Scdfa

The OP is simply wrong. I respect his opinion, but he is guessing, and he has guessed incorrectly.

Like i have said I do believe in ET and I do even subscribe to the idea that we have been visited by ET, I just figured this was a interesting trail of thought.

I am not really guessing so much a deducing, physics is a universal constant and no species is ever going to crawl out of the primordial soup and have space travel cracked the next day it seems entirely reasonable to suggest that ET could not have possibly visited us because before any species can develop inter-stellar travel they would have destroyed their own planet and driven themselves extinct before it is possible.

Now I cannot actually prove it so I could be wrong, but to state for as fact that I am wrong is unfair.

Lets remember that as much as we might want to believe the presence of ET on earth has never been proven beyond doubt, so given that it is actually perhaps more likely that I am right. Unless that is you have actual proof you can provide showing that ET has been talking to you.....

Also, it is all very well and good saying that there is so much knowledge out there that humanity is yet to grasp that could make inter-stellar travel as easy as a drive to the shops. However it is just as possible that such technology is impossible to produce.
edit on 22-8-2015 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: yulka

I really want to see your world.

what?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

a reply to: reldra

You might be right but it’s not the point.

I’m making a deep editorial comment on the human race

I don’t give a dam about aliens

As far as I'm concerned, if they are around...they aught to sh__ or get off the pot

You are a glass half empty kinda guy. The human race has actually improved, in my opinion. In the big picture.

On the contrary, my glass is COMPLETELY EMPTY

My cup runneth over with emptiness

The human race has what?

Improved?

Tell that to the victims of ISIS

To the children bombed in Syria

To the gassed Jews in Germany

Do I have to go on!

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: tanka418

ET’s might visit. Just like our scientists would visit a wild animals den, like jackals, wolves, or wild hogs…to see how the beasts live

So aliens want to see how the beast, human beings can kill their own children and wonder why

What kind of being makes war on itself?

Rapes its woman and children and nukes itself?

Destroys its own environment

And then have the audacity to think its anything other than a savage beast

I think they would be curious about that

So sure they'd visit but be dam sure they won't stay long....They'll just pass by and once in a while look to see whether human beings FINALLY get some dam sense

And you think ET is any different?!?

The only species that lives long enough, has the intelligence, the drive, etc.to leave their home world is that world's Apex predator.

Probability strongly suggests that he will have rapped and ruined his world to he very best of his ability.

All those things you think are so bad in Humans are an integral part of every single species that ever gets to step foot on anther world...no others will ever have the interest. So, all those evils, are actually the things that make Humans great, and give the basic ability to achieve more. So...stop kicking yourself for being a Human.

What will make Humans better is learning to control himself...and that too will happen with time.

But...You will never, ever, be anything more than a savage beast, for only a savage beast can survive.

I’m not kicking myself for being human

I’m kicking myself for being inhuman

There are a lot of assumptions in your post such as presuming one is predatory just because they have traveled…it may be but how do you know this.

How do you know this world is the standard?

In other words other species murder, rape, the land and their children

How do you know this?

…And how do you know only savage beasts survive?

Some theories state that the meek will inherent the earth

If you look at history savages often get evolved out of existence…look at NAZI Germany, Imperial Japan, Roman Empire and many more beasts

As I said your post is filled with assumptions and little real knowledge.

You assume aliens are as bad as we. Why?

Maybe some of them are and some of them aren’t.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Your world is different from the rest, bigger. It's interesting and I want to see it

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:33 PM
link   

it seems entirely reasonable to suggest that ET could not have possibly visited us because before any species can develop inter-stellar travel they would have destroyed their own planet and driven themselves extinct before it is possible.

You can suggest anything you like, but it isn't a reasonable assumption.
You do realize that we already have vehicles that have left this stellar system?
We are neither extinct nor have we destroyed the planet.
So much for that theory. And you attempt to apply that theory to all beings in the galaxy? When it isn't even true for us?
That is very, very far from reasonable...

But what makes your theory incorrect is that thousands, or perhaps millions of people have encountered aliens directly for at least the last sixty years. I am one of them.

Now I cannot actually prove it so I could be wrong, but to state for as fact that I am wrong is unfair.

By no means have I been unfair.
You claim that aliens have never been here, and never will be, and you ignore mountains of evidence to make that claim.

Yet, I have encountered alien beings directly, and on more than one occasion. Right here on Earth. New York state, to be precise. So I know your theory is wrong.
So what do you expect me to say?
Would you prefer that I pretend my encounters never happened?
Is that the kind of "fairness" you're looking for?
Of course not.
First of all, that wouldn't be fair to me, to my family, or to the million other people who have experienced alien contact.
And it wouldn't be fair to the millions of people who have worked tirelessly in this field for the last seventy years to uncover the truth behind the cover-up.

And it wouldn't be fair to you, either, if I pretended your theory wasn't incorrect.
The events of my life negate your theory.
You of course have every right to your theory, and I'm fully supportive of that. But you should have expected such a response when you chose to ignore every case of alien contact in order to make your theory.

Our opinions on alien contact are not equally valid. The difference is, I'm basing my statements on first hand knowledge and experience of actual events, while you are guessing. Er, sorry, deducing.

Let me ask you this; who do you think is inside the flying saucers that have been established to exist, and have been here since the 1920s?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Your concept that intelligent species may destroy the natural environment they evolved in and then commit suicide/self-extinction is interesting, but could you look at it a different way: intelligent species replace the natural environment with one of their choosing. We are beginning the process, and have to work out some bugs, but they don't seem insuperable.

By the way, there are many, many ideas on why aliens haven't even sent us a postcard. A dozen or two are discussed in my blog:
stanericksonsblog.blogspot.com

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:12 AM
link   

There are a lot of assumptions in your post such as presuming one is predatory just because they have traveled…it may be but how do you know this.

No, no assumption here...just good reasoning.

How I know this...ancient teachings, Hermes, logic, common sense, a wee bit of science, and mathematics (probability). It is rare that prey animals will become adventurous enough to wander far from home, safety...the familiar. A predator is always trying to expand it's territory. That is exactly what leaving One's home world is; the expansion of territory.

How do you know this world is the standard?

Oh, I don't; I presume that Earth is typical, which it probably is...probability again...

In other words other species murder, rape, the land and their children

How do you know this?

Yep, other species do all those things, and more! Why, many of the even learn from themselves and, while remaining savage beasts, they set aside many of the behaviors, and become "civilized", course that's is by their own definition. And, you can tell which Ones remain the savage beasts; they are the survivors.

…And how do you know only savage beasts survive?

Because, off world is the most in hospitable environment known to any intelligent species, unless One is more savage than the environment, that environment will "eat" them.

Some theories state that the meek will inherent the earth

Yep, absolutely! Humans, if they are ultimately p to will leave the planet, and another species will take their place. That is kind of how the Universe works.

If you look at history savages often get evolved out of existence…look at NAZI Germany, Imperial Japan, Roman Empire and many more beasts

Actually in every ne of those instances; they were "extincted" by their peers, and the Human species and civilization continued to evolve into what it is today. This evolution will continue and Humans will become more than they are now.

As I said your post is filled with assumptions and little real knowledge.

You assume aliens are as bad as we. Why?

I think we are starting to see a wee bit of misunderstanding here. I didn't say ET was as bad as Humans; I said ET was the same as y'all. In that regard, ET had to start some place, and the only place to start takes ET through a period not unlike what Humans have/are now.

And, yes; some are not as evolved as Humans, others more so.

What needs to be remembered here is that ET is not some magical, divine being. ET is just some other poor sap trying to make his way through this Universe...just like you.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:18 AM
link   
The more life there is out there, the less interesting we become.
If there is nobody in the universe but us, there's nobody else out there to be interested.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   
If there is intelligent life out there we have no idea how they would think.. They may not be interested in exploring at all.. Could be total home bodies that focus there tech on quality of life and creating there home world into a Europa..

Others may be so far advanced that we don't even peg there investigate meter, or they are there and created us and when they do appear the experiments over and it's back to formula, bye bye man..

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join