It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Destablization Coming to the Middle East?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 10:45 AM
link   
The actual title of the article is "US Sees End 'Closing In' on Syria's Assad" but I re-worked the title to fit into my conclusion for this piece. The reason being that over the years here on ATS, posters have mentioned the Proxy War between the US and its allies vs Russia, Iran and their allie-Syria. Now that the tie is getting tight around the neck of Syria's Assad, according to the article, it seems that the US and its allies will win the Proxy War and take down ASSAD which will weaken Russia and Iran militarily and logistically. However, it will also have dire consequences for the already weak stabilization in that area. If Assad goes down what then happens to all of the Russian weapons and artillery in Syria's possession? What about all of the militant groups under Assad's umbrella like the Al-Qaida linked Nusra Front, or the Islamic State group?

A U.S. military official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told VOA pro-regime forces are “pretty weak and depleted at this point.”

Even before the most recent spate of fighting, the U.S. military assessment of Assad’s future was bleak.

“The longer the civil war goes, the more difficult it becomes for him to recruit his forces, equip his forces,” a senior military official said. “The net is steadily closing in.”

Why would those in power want to do this unless they want to bring on more WAR? This sounds like Saddam 2.0; the ousting of Saddam brought many unforeseen problems to the area and this will do the same to the Middle East which is already a powder keg ready to go "BOOM!" Once Assad goes down what's next? I think things will spiral out of control quickly in the M.E. What says ATS?

www.voanews.com...
edit on 22-8-2015 by lostbook because: word change

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: lostbook
The actual title of the article is "US Sees End 'Closing In' on Syria's Assad" but I re-worked the title to fit into my conclusion for this piece. The reason being that over the years here on ATS, posters have mentioned the Proxy War between the US and its allies vs Russia, Iran and their allie-Syria. Now that the tie is getting tight around the neck of Syria's Assad, according to the article, it seems that the US and its allies will win the Proxy War and take down ASSAD which will weaken Russia and Iran militarily and logistically. However, it will also have dire consequences for the already weak stabilization in that area. If Assad goes down what then happens to all of the Russian weapons and artillery in Syria's possession? What about all of the militant groups under Assad's umbrella like the Al-Qaida linked Nusra Front, or the Islamic State group?

A U.S. military official, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told VOA pro-regime forces are “pretty weak and depleted at this point.”

Even before the most recent spate of fighting, the U.S. military assessment of Assad’s future was bleak.

“The longer the civil war goes, the more difficult it becomes for him to recruit his forces, equip his forces,” a senior military official said. “The net is steadily closing in.”

Why would those in power want to do this unless they want to bring on more WAR? This sounds like Saddam 2.0; the ousting of Saddam brought many unforeseen problems to the area and this will do the same to the Middle East which is already a powder keg ready to go "BOOM!" Once Assad goes down what's next? I think things will spiral out of control quickly in the M.E. What says ATS?

www.voanews.com...

Another tyrant removed, threats loom, but in the end.....no mushroom clouds. No one wants the veggie bombs flying.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
The whole thing is about natural gas pipelines and Russia sees any ME pipeline to Europe as a threat to their sales to Europe.

Iran wants theirs, and Qatar wants theirs.

Russia will do all they can to keep the ME unstable.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Now that the tie is getting tight around the neck of Syria's Assad, according to the article, it seems that the US and its allies will win the Proxy War and take down ASSAD which will weaken Russia and Iran militarily and logistically.

I was wondering why they were reopening embassies in Iran. Time to infiltrate is looming on that horizon.

ETA:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 22-8-2015 by intrptr because: link

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
The whole thing is about natural gas pipelines and Russia sees any ME pipeline to Europe as a threat to their sales to Europe.

Russia keep the middle east unstable?

Russia didn't destabilize Iraq and Libya. The destabilization of Iraq and Libya is what gave rise to ISIS. The US government created this problem, and the US government doesn't support Assad.

And if was about tyrannical leaders the US government wouldn't support Saudi Arabia either, but apparently the US government is ok with tyrannical leaders, so long as they bow down to the US governments authority to police the world.

The US government is the responsible party for destabilization. All we had to do was stay out of other countries civil wars and ISIS would not be possible. The fact that the US government isn't doing more to stop ISIS should be a clear indication of who benefits most from a destabilized middle east.

Russia was doing just fine before destabilization and were originally against the war in Iraq. They are the losers, they have gained nothing by destabilization of the middle east.

I don't think Putin is a good guy, I think the government of nearly every nation on earth is corrupt. It seems to me that the only way to achieve a position in government is to be corrupt.

Our corrupt leaders in the US are bought and paid for by globalist corporations and the private central banking system. So you can be guaranteed that the same globalist corporations and central bankers are the one's who benefit the most from middle east destabilization, otherwise we would have stayed out of Iraq and Libya.

edit on 22-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

It's a 3-party battle between the Iran Shiite powers, and the Saudi/Qatar Sunni powers, and Russia.

All 3 have vested interests in natural gas sales to Europe.

The "Western" interests lie in the corporate contracts primarily with the Saudi/Qatar Sunni powers.

The proposed pipelines are the key to understanding.

Russia's Gazprom is threatened by all the ME activity.

Arab Gas Pipeline

Iran-Iraq-Syria pipeline

Qatar-Turkey pipeline

Nabucco pipeline

edit on Aug-22-2015 by xuenchen because: [-o-]

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I do understand that supporting Syria is in the best interest of Russia now, but isn't it always in a nations best interest to support allies?

Yes it is about money, which is why the globalist corporations and private bankers used their puppets, the US government, to start the war in Iraq and eliminate Gaddafi.

But it still stands that Iran and Russia would not need to support Syria with weapons if the US had stayed out of the middle east in the first place.

What the US intervention caused in the ME is genocide, plain and simple. Genocide that should be considered a violation of the Geneva Convention. We had no business in Iraq and even less business in the overthrow of Gaddafi. Russia is supporting their ally which is acceptable according to the Geneva Convention.

American nationalism disgusts me as much as German Nationalism in the time of Hitler. There are 2 groups of international terrorist currently, ISIS and the US government.

This plan of a NWO and globalization has lead to a level of genocide that Hitler would be proud of. Facisist never learn and they keep leading the world into mass genocide. I have had enough fascist genocide.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

From that political standpoint, I can agree.

And I also think Russia is backing both sides to keep the fighting going.

Gazprom make billion$ from gas sales to Europe.

And I think that is a big part of the Ukraine conflicts as well.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

From that political standpoint, I can agree.

And I also think Russia is backing both sides to keep the fighting going.

Gazprom make billion$ from gas sales to Europe.

And I think that is a big part of the Ukraine conflicts as well.

I don't know enough about Russia's involvement to disagree with that assessment. And like I said I don't think Putin is a saint, so if there is money to be made I could see Russia supporting both sides.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Now that the tie is getting tight around the neck of Syria's Assad, according to the article, it seems that the US and its allies will win the Proxy War and take down ASSAD which will weaken Russia and Iran militarily and logistically.

I was wondering why they were reopening embassies in Iran. Time to infiltrate is looming on that horizon.

ETA:

I don't think so bro .

don't underestimate us Iranians
we're a part of axis of evil bro .

we're evil genius

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   
For some time now I have thought that Russia and the US have been working together to keep the ME unstable, as well as this new cold war that is starting, as many have said its all about money. What I fear is that Russia and the US are using the rich ME country's to help flood Europe with immigrants which will end in war all over Europe then Russia and the US carve Europe up as they did after WW2. Hope im wrong

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

ETA:

I don't think so bro .

we're evil genius

I have put your name in my little black book, will be keeping an eye on you

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The fall of Assad in Syria would not change all that much. He only controls about 25% of Syria as it is, more than half his military has already been killed, deserted or changed sides. What you would likely see is Iranian and Hezbollah forces along with loyal Syrian militias move to the more loyal coastal towns and set up a small region for itself or completely retreat into Lebanon. Most of Assads forces would likely join the FSA and new coalition would form to remove ISIS from Syria. That has been what the Turks have expected with their Assad first plans. You also likely more direct action from Turkey to remove ISIS and prop up a new friendly Syrian government. This plus the latest Iraqi advances in Iraq would place ISIS in real trouble.

For Russia it would mean little as Syria stopped functioning as a state long ago. And with another drop in oil prices Russia has more than enough problems at home.

I would expect we see the end of ISIS in next few years but, not the end to the fighting as Syria and Iraq still have many factions that want some portion of power for themselves and with no common enemy they will go back to business as usual.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

What I expect is a slow motion version of Libya with the same end result. Same as Iraq, too. Chaos Theory.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: haman10

ETA:

I don't think so bro .

we're evil genius

That was thread you started, I know.

After fourteen years, UK opens diplomacy with Iran. Yah, sure, right. After all the conquest in the region by both US, UK, under NATO flag, the Iranians aren't stupid. Same with talks with Kerry about nuclear power.

Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer.

Global Research

edit on 22-8-2015 by intrptr because: YouTube

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:16 AM
link   

Yep. Like invade & destabilize formerly stable countries like Iraq & Libya. Oh wait...

top topics

join