It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are getting close to the end.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If it's so scary for you, OP, why not euthanase? I mean, if the world's doomed anyway...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Do yourself a solid and stop watching the news. It doesn't report on the planes that didn't crash, or the guns that didn't go off or the robberies that didn't happen.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:28 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=19726596]LightSource[/post

Things have really changed since the 50's eh?

But things are always changing - but also repeating in ways.

The technology may have developed, our models of productivity, improvisation and centralization of resources improved (slightly) over human history.

But wherever you look, in space or time (On this planet of course), periods of madness ensue, decadence runs wild, and the people are blinded by apathy for their fellow human beings.

I think the period most like our current time in that respect is the fall of the Roman empire, and we can make some interesting parallels between the declining Anglo/American/Germanic empire and the Romans.

One point made many times is the close correlation between us in regards to sports, and the celebrity status of sportsmen.

Also, apparently all collapsing empires make celebrities of their chefs!!

I think actually we are in a much better position than the Romans, apart from 2 things - One being the environment, and two being the ability in today's world for wars to be fought and civilizations erased without ever having to leave ones country.

But when you consider the gift that is the internet, and the fact "normal" people like us are discussing these fairly complex topics, it shows that real progress has been made, the plebs can read! And they do!

We can all feel the stupidity and arrogance from the "Mainstream" of society, Mainstream it may be, but it is by no means a majority - the majority can see the madness, they hate it as much as me or you - but this information is relatively new and we don't quite know how to change things yet, people are scared - and they should be!

Self censorship runs rife even among the people, and the second everyone accepts that things need to change there will be no hiding from it anymore - and as we know, when we are on the precipice is where change occurs.

Keep striving, it will come - it has too.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: RomanMaroni

Prove me wrong then.

No thanks, that would just upset you tremendously. I'll just fasten a sign
up on that high road you're hogging.

If you engage in childish debates?
You can't be on this road.
edit on Ram82315v35201500000057 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: woodwardjnr
Arrraggghhh run to the hills, the sky is falling, buy their books and you will survive. Can't believe people fall for this crap. May that all loving all powerful God have mercy on your souls

He will.

The prophets rear their ugly heads;
they have another book to sell.
But they lie snugly in their beds
while your money is all that goes to hell

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
Here is my take, before the internet the end was mostly predicted by religious people. As the net began to flourish more and more people of non-religious backgrounds began to say the same, but as they are evolutionists and atheists they are coming at it from another angle, simple put intuitions from all the input from the net makes them understand the present way of doing things is very unsustainable. It's not "IF" but "WHEN".
Both groups have it right, the commercial industrial business complexes, the political governments, the military, and the religious systems are all coming to their end. Sadly during that process billions will die, and it is going to be very hard to survive the collapse of society and civilization. But here is the point, there is going to be survivors, and the planet will carry on too.

The End, is only for some, but not all.
For some "their" world will be coming to it's end, for others their world is just beginning, it's all about perspective.

|Finally someone wit the bigger picture at hand, bravo! Besides its the end of the world every single day for the ones who die. Perspective is what seems to be lacking among people whom put all their focus on negativity and forget to balance it out with the positive aspects of existence. Somewhat a clash of subjectivity and objectivity and finding a place to stand in the middle for the best view of both. Most would call is agnosticism, I call it going as far as my reason can take me whilst constantly refreshing my perspective with information that could either be closer to the truth or further from it . Quite the paradox I know but hey we will never know everything even collectively as a human race and therefore I have made peace with it and riding the wave head above water is the best one can do to continue through the cycle.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

So op how do you think this ending will happen?

By 'soulless' you mean those whose ego took over their life?

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
when you say: "We are getting close to the end"

you are undoubtedly speaking about the well publicized "SEPTEMBER-OCTOBER 2015" timeline

The Shemitah: The Biblical Pattern Which Indicates That A Financial Collapse May Be Coming In 2015
Does a mystery that is 3,500 years old hold the key to what is going to happen to global financial markets in 2015?
RE: infowars article

the Sept. blood-moon (aka: 4th horseman of the apocalypse arrives)

so the world has two concurrent Jewish omens bringing distress and perplexity among Nations
i.e.:
~paradigm shift~ central banker money system collapses ~ debt/credit/derivative culture/fractional reserve/
interest & Ursery purged from system as a remedy ? ~

beyond the 2 Jewish omens of dread-distress we are facing Agenda 21 & Agenda 2030...a micro-managed world
sustainable lifestyles, sustainable development, well regulated resources usage at all levels,

gotta crack some eggs to make an Omelette ! the end of those eggs is not the end of time or life or the world

edit on rd31144033278723262015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

edit on rd31144033406223472015 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:30 AM
link   

End means also beginning.

I await the era when we will have not only knowledge of other star systems, but also real contacts and options to travel or even live there.

Human biology should be upgraded AT LEAST to the pre-Flood level of lifespan without being on medication.

What we have now is a pseudo civilization that may end partially, while keeping the best heritage.

AI has been given atop of a dying culture, and already enslaved us.

We don't have another 10 years according to catholic prophecies (Fatima interpretations of Malachi Martin). May be not even 2 more non eventful years.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Oh goodie, someone else I can relate to. I once read that there are two species in this world: those who think, and those who don't. While I'm not quite sure what I fit into (i think it's the first one), I do often find more of the latter in everyday society. That's why it feels weird to suddenly dive into a deep conversation with anyone because I'm not so sure if they have even considered that certain topic in the first place.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Phage

Your signature is a work of art, I just had to throw that out there

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am not entirely sure how it is for other people, especially younger generations growing up with all of this computer technology etc, but I can certainly see a general disenchantment in people - a tension and type of exhaustion. It also seems as though social cohesion is lacking and people want stronger social connections that just don't seem to pan out as much as one needs. This seems related to the fact that individual egos and points of view and competing ideologies are just not matching up. Everyone has their own thing going on. Balkanization to an extreme degree.

But environmentally it is also quite obvious. Here in British Columbia it has been the hottest summer on record and Vancouver reached a Level 4 water restriction, on par with Los Angeles. It has recently been shown in the headline news here that there is a massive, never-before-witnessed El Nino heatwave "blob". What scientists call the "Godzilla" of all weather anomalies they have ever seen. It was also published in the NY Times that the Pacific Northwest is overdue for a massive earthquake.

A convergence of events. Chaos. Will order come out of all of this - or is it all just a lost cause? I assume the phoenix will arise out of the ashes...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I experienced a big conversion back in October of 2014. Before this, never touched or opened a bible in my life. Never cared to. I had a calling happen to me.... which is a big long story but I will say this much... I do believe that God is now showing us the most incredible evil... with the PP videos and more..... and I do think that NOW is our time to choose. God is telling me... basically..... "Look, look at this..... what side are you on? Choose.... " and I'm finding a lot of people in that same position hearing those same messages...

I KNOW something has changed inside of me. I'm not the same person at all. My husband has changed as well.... we are praying now. We are totally being led.... and the closer we draw near to God, the closer I feel Him. There is no mistaking that feeling.... and I know, I sound crazy..... I really do but I know now that God is very real and we are heading into some big changes and God is preparing me and my husband for them.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parthin96
2012 came and went and nothing happened. There always have to be some die-hard Millerites after the Great Dissapointment. Someone with so much invested in doomsday, that after the big nothing, they go, "see, see, something happened".

Something has been happening since 2012. I think people expected some massive explosive event. But look at what has taken place since then and where we are at as a society. I'm native American and I've always heard from our tribal elders for years that 2016 will be the year our country becomes almost unrecognizable and that this is when the real hell begins. We'll see.

But I do know that *I* have changed greatly as a person... emotionally, spiritually... etc. My heart has softened and my eyes have been pulled open further ... and I think something is coming, but it's not going to happen in the way that some think. It's all flowing in like a constant stream.. and over time, it will worsen... and worsen.... and before you know it, you're hip deep and that's it. Frog, boiling, pot...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The year 2030 keeps coming up in different circles, I don't know why that year.

I have heard Jessa Ventura say it.
I have heard Ron Paul say it.
I have heard Alex Jones say it.
I have heard ATS members say it.

So ATS people why does that year keep coming up ?

15 years out !

edit on 23-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Close enough to seem relevant, far enough out to avoid accountability when it doesn't happen.

Meaningless.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Leonidas

In all the talk that comes up, it's the equivalent of a sustainable kill date for modern society, they are basically saying we have from 2015 until 2030 at the latest.
edit on 23-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

(post by Antichrist08 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSource>>> I feel much the same way. When I get a little too depressed thinking about how far we're falling and failing as a race of beings, I find myself turning to a higher power for guidance and reassurance. I tell God that I'm here if he needs me and I hope he wants me for whatever he has planned. I don't plan on struggling to eke out survival when things finally are revealed and war is declared on humanity, nor do I plan on fighting who I perceive to be my enemies or those who are said to be my enemies. Race wars, economic wars, terrorists, that's all smoke screens and diversions. Rather I think we'll be called upon to fight a spiritual war and that is where our true enemies are the most vulnerable. You may find yourself side by side with those you thought had no understanding of you or anything in common with you. But be ready for we're going to be challenged with false promises of change and a new Utopia that will take everything we have known to be precious and give us only misery and despair in return.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
The year 2030 keeps coming up in different circles, I don't know why that year.

I have heard Jessa Ventura say it.
I have heard Ron Paul say it.
I have heard Alex Jones say it.
I have heard ATS members say it.

So ATS people why does that year keep coming up ?

15 years out !

Tribulation, just accept the new faith, denounce the old. Youll be fine

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join