It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We are getting close to the end.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable Tell me how the prosperity feels when you are a malnourished child, belly distended. Your older brother somehow has a machine gun though?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: valiant
I imagine the end won't be so bad. Although I could work myself up into a raging panic about all the possibilities that could possibly happen and terrors lie beyond. I might make a book about it. Sell it on amazon for few hundred bucks, seems like there's plenty of suckers out there who would buy it.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

I disagree with your premise. You know who does agree with you though? My father, and his father, and his father, and his father .... People have thought it's the end of days since the beginning of days. So many people believe the world will end in their lifetime. Billions of people have died believing that same thing. Yet here we are.

Ask anyone who is elderly and they will almost all tell you that the world is out of control. But is it really? Or is the media coverage of turmoil much greater than it used to be? Are there more "soulless" people now than 100 years ago, 200 years ago? Of course, because there are more people. Which also means there are more good people than there used to be. Everyone is "soulless" because having a soul isn't a real thing. You are basically saying "the world is different than it was when I was a child." Is it? Or is it you? Could it be that as a child you just didn't realize there were a lot of bad people? When you were a child, everyone seemed good. As you've gotten older, you realize, not everyone is good. That right there shows you that there are more "soulless" people than in the past. Then add into that all the evil the media shows you from people you would have never known existed. Then add to that there are more people, and voila ... the world seems more corrupt. It's just your perception has changed.

The truth is people are living longer and healthier (if they choose) than ever. For as bad as it seems for you, it has also gotten that much better. It really depends on how you choose to look at it. Negative people will always see the negative and positive people will always see the the positive. Be positive because we live in a wonderful time. You're going to miss it if you continue to only see the negative.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It'd be a best seller for sure, you'd probably even get to go on Ancient Aliens or some other show, gotta get rich before the end of the world, ya know, because all that money will still matter

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Turn off your tv and computer and the world gets a lot nicer.

Trust me the world is not going to end.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: valiant
a reply to: woodwardjnr

It'd be a best seller for sure, you'd probably even get to go on Ancient Aliens or some other show, gotta get rich before the end of the world, ya know, because all that money will still matter

"I don't know what it's, but ti's aliens."

Seriously though it's probably a lot harder to make up BS commercially then you two are making it out to be. It's a long term effort. And with the best BS artists, it's a lifetime of living with the lie.

Unless you believe it. Then you're not really an artist, but isnane.
edit on 22-8-2015 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: RomanMaroni

I really think that 'LightSource' and yourself present the contrast of right-brain & left-brain very well

you are more practical or pragmatic while your counter-part is waxing all spiritual/poetic/ gushing about being souless

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:12 PM
link   
a reply to: samkent

Trust me the world is not going to end.

Hmmm you or Jesus Christ? That's a tough one.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Does anyone have a clue on the new calender?

I know its gonna be a stardate, "startrek" sorta calender. Anyone link?

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Interestingly enough, this is exactly the door, the spiritual door, that the powers that be wish to control..
They want to own our spiritual faculties, to the point where they are willing to target and experiment on certain worthy subjects--

If they can impede you from meditating , they will stop you from meditating.
If they can impede you from praying, they will stop you from praying.
If they can impede you from centering on light, they will stop you from centering--

If they can control your dreams, they will control your dreams.

Focus on things spiritual now, before they have access to your mind body soul, through EMF, satellite technology etc.
The darkness wants to take the source from you-- don't let it do that!

Nice thread thank you.!

(P.S. The gov is responsible for paranormal activity). Do not let it influence you on your spiritual journey.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

How do you define "soulless"?

Soulless, to me, equates to lifeless. Without a soul is to be dead.

Now I know, someone is going to ask something like "what about plants? or aomebas?" Or something of the sort...

My answer is, what shapes and styles do souls come in. What is a soul? Before one can define soulless, don't we first need to define what one is?

I certainly don't know what a soul is.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

No offence friend of ATS but this does not show anything more then the fact the world has been soulless and evil since the day man took control with greed. We all want something and are never happy with what we have, this is the case for everyone, regardless how spiritual you are. You may live and think you do not take from the world, you do not do anything like these soulless people but we all have some trait. If you didn't have a roof over your head, you'd be pretty mad I am sure or food on the table. Some could claim this is due to, 'I work for it'. You work to gain things non of us should easily obtain but we all do. The fact is the world is getting harder to live in due to higher commitments being placed on those coming into the world. More young ones are having to take on a whole host of historical and gargantuan information then the last generation and due to such, humans are getting tired and loosing the will to continue in such a competitive world. So you say, there are soulless people around us, yeah its true. Not everyone has the best in life, neither do people have good luck or a decent start in life. Its hard for everyone to keep an eye on the prize.

I would say to those questioning the world, I would say. Do go run for the hills because the more you listen to the news or listen to average conversations between average joe on the street, its enough to make someone run for the hills.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
We live in a world ran by money. When that collapses, everything will fail.

That's the real problem. We're built on money and the majority have no idea how to live without it. We're brought up in a world that teaches us that we require money to survive. Do we?

I hope for a better world. But this won't ever be "it" without "something" happening, making it improve.
edit on 22-8-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Why does everyone want the world to end? You know I think the oligarchy manufactures these doom prophecies so people think there's no reason to try to oppose TPTB.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Here is my take, before the internet the end was mostly predicted by religious people. As the net began to flourish more and more people of non-religious backgrounds began to say the same, but as they are evolutionists and atheists they are coming at it from another angle, simple put intuitions from all the input from the net makes them understand the present way of doing things is very unsustainable. It's not "IF" but "WHEN".
Both groups have it right, the commercial industrial business complexes, the political governments, the military, and the religious systems are all coming to their end. Sadly during that process billions will die, and it is going to be very hard to survive the collapse of society and civilization. But here is the point, there is going to be survivors, and the planet will carry on too.

The End, is only for some, but not all.
For some "their" world will be coming to it's end, for others their world is just beginning, it's all about perspective.
edit on 22-8-2015 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 07:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Now I know, someone is going to ask something like "what about plants? or aomebas?" Or something of the sort...

My answer is, what shapes and styles do souls come in. What is a soul? Before one can define soulless, don't we first need to define what one is?

: the spiritual part of a person that is believed to give life to the body and in many religions is believed to live forever

: a person's deeply felt moral and emotional nature

: the ability of a person to feel kindness and sympathy for others, to appreciate beauty and art, etc.

www.merriam-webster.com...

The soul is what defines you. To be soulless is someone with no sympathy for others. Would rather laugh at someone struggling then helping them. Points and snickers at someone who doesn't fit what they like. Would rather be negative than positive. The soul is connected to the universe and defines what you feel or don't feel. The soul is our connection to the universe and allows us to communicate to the higher powers if tuned well enough. It helps us by giving us guidance if we listen. Comforts us in times of need and gives us the strength to continue on even in very tough times. It is our higher self that can shine if we allow it.
edit on 22-8-2015 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

I sort of think of the zombie apocalypse as a metaphor for it. It starts out with a few walkers, but as time goes on, there are more and more in exponential fashion. They walk around, but they are dead inside, dead spiritually.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Spiritual Zombies, interesting.

The infection is spreading too.....

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yes it will be a new beginning for others I just hope that we don't do to much damage to this planet that its almost impossible to live. What would happen if we lost all power around the world. How many nuclear meltdowns would we have from power plants. What if we end up having a nuclear war... I hope these things don't happen before the new beginning. The people in power are driving our boats in the wrong direction. There are many events that can cause the collapse of our civilization which one or ones will it be.

posted on Aug, 22 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   

The soul is what defines you. To be soulless is someone with no sympathy for others. Would rather laugh at someone struggling then helping them. Points and snickers at someone who doesn't fit what they like. Would rather be negative than positive. The soul is connected to the universe and defines what you feel or don't feel. The soul is our connection to the universe and allows us to communicate to the higher powers if tuned well enough. It helps us by giving us guidance if we listen. Comforts us in times of need and gives us the strength to continue on even in very tough times. It is our higher self that can shine if we allow it.

So basically the "soul" is something someone concocts in their own mind. I don't have anything I would define as a soul, but I have sympathy as well as empathy. I feel connected to the universe as a small piece of it. It seems as though this "soul" you are referring to is something that gives you a definition to things you may not understand as well as making you feel like you are much more important than you really are. Guidance comes from our own experiences not from some imaginary thing supposedly found within us. You say our "soul" comforts us in our times of need and gives us strength, but there are many people who have been in some of the most undesirable situations that may disagree.

I used to think people will believe whatever they want to believe, but that really isn't true. People will believe what they need to believe. To me there is far more awesomeness that is outside of ourselves. That universe you speak of is a magnificent thing and believe it or not, it doesn't have anything to do with you. It was here long before you and will remain long after you. Just enjoy the brief time of existence that you get.
edit on 22-8-2015 by RomanMaroni because: words are hard

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join