It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A state of chaos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Here's something to look forward to.. Every reasonable person has either jumped Bush's ship for this second term, or has been run out. Even Brent Scowcroft and James Baker have been blown off and dismissed unceremoniously in favor of the Neo Con fanatics.
Folks, we have nothing to look forward to this upcoming Bush term but war and more death and destruction, more crushing debt and loss of our civil liberties. We Americans should be ashamed that we have allowed these profiteers of death to hijack our country. It is the worst thing that we could have ever let happen.

A state of chaos

George Bush has purged the last of his father's senior advisers, handing over control to his neocon allies

Sidney Blumenthal
Thursday December 30, 2004
The Guardian

The transition to President Bush's second term, filled with backstage betrayals, plots and pathologies, would make for an excellent chapter of I, Claudius. To begin with, Bush has unceremoniously and without public acknowledgement dumped Brent Scowcroft, his father's closest associate and friend, as chairman of the foreign intelligence advisory board. The elder Bush's national security adviser was the last remnant of traditional Republican realism permitted to exist within the administration.
At the same time the vice president, Dick Cheney, has imposed his authority over secretary of state designate Condoleezza Rice, in order to blackball Arnold Kanter, former under secretary of state to James Baker and partner in the Scowcroft Group, as a candidate for deputy secretary of state.

"Words like 'incoherent' come to mind," one top state department official told me about Rice's effort to organise her office. She is unable to assert herself against Cheney, her wobbliness a sign that the state department will mostly be sidelined as a power centre for the next four years.
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Now that's a really cheerful thought.

Let's just say I voted pro-Constitution.

posted on Dec, 31 2004 @ 08:25 AM
link   
My dad always said: "careful what you wish for, you just might get it"

Thats what i have to say to every neocon Bush voting nut case.

Of course, do we need more proof to know he wasnt really voted in by the people? How can his ratings be soooooooo low at this moment?

unbelievable

posted on Jan, 1 2005 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
My dad always said: "careful what you wish for, you just might get it"

Thats what i have to say to every neocon Bush voting nut case.

Of course, do we need more proof to know he wasnt really voted in by the people? How can his ratings be soooooooo low at this moment?

unbelievable

Orwell would call it doublethink, some people call it cognitive dissonance--the ability to believe two things at the same time which contradict each other.

Me, I call it being one of the sheeple.

I would have voted for Bush if he truly were a Christian and not part of some cult.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 07:58 AM
link   
That's one thing that really pisses me off about G.Dubya.
Before the 2000 election, he claimed to be a born again Christian. I took him at his word and voted for him (that being one of the reasons). Then, through his first term, I watched him behave in anything but a Christian manner. He and his band of NeoConsartists are the most greedy, hateful, vindictive bunch of thugs I've ever witnessed. It'll be something to see one day when little G. Dubya finds himself on his knees before God, having to answer for the carnage and chaos he and his people have sown. That'll be a day of reckoning.. and on that day, for the first time in Junior's life, 'ol Poppy Bush won't be able to pull his withered up chestnuts outta that fire.

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 12:34 PM
link   
He even admits he doesn't believe half of what the Bible says.

I think he pretends because he know he can get the Christian vote.

Well, provided someone doesn't throw a monkey wrench in the works, he's outta here in a few years. Let's just hope our country survives that long!

posted on Jan, 3 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
He obviously doesn't have a clue. He probly believes he's a believer, tho. Be sure, whether he truly does or not, he uses the Christian right to full effect. Shame on them for allowing it.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:34 PM
link   
"Every reasonable person has either jumped Bush's ship for this second term"

I did not jump bushes ship and I consider myself reasonable. Yet its true I am too young to vote and really should not be ranting my mouth. I have been observing. I took a good hard look at how Bush has affected my life, since Clinton and he really hasn't, In fact I feel a bit better off than I did during the Clinton years , my dad lost his job in 1996 and didn't get a good job again until 2000 after bush was re-elected. My family and I have confidences with in him. My mom voted for bush, my older sister voted for bush and my dad does not vote. So I want you to take a good look back before Bush was the president and ask your self with an open mind "how has he affected my life directly" because that is what is important. Foreign policy, shouldn't be anyone out side of politics business, because politicians went to school years and years for this and have well thought out plans on making this world better. That is what makes them right over a person with an opinion. IMO

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by iksmodnad
So I want you to take a good look back before Bush was the president and ask your self with an open mind "how has he affected my life directly"

As a single adult, who works full-time, I assure you, I did much better financially before Bush took office.

Foreign policy, shouldn't be anyone out side of politics business, because politicians went to school years and years for this and have well thought out plans on making this world better. That is what makes them right over a person with an opinion. IMO

My major in college was political science. Foreign policy-wise, the Bush administration has been a disaster.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

Originally posted by iksmodnad
So I want you to take a good look back before Bush was the president and ask your self with an open mind "how has he affected my life directly"

As a single adult, who works full-time, I assure you, I did much better financially before Bush took office.

Foreign policy, shouldn't be anyone out side of politics business, because politicians went to school years and years for this and have well thought out plans on making this world better. That is what makes them right over a person with an opinion. IMO

My major in college was political science. Foreign policy-wise, the Bush administration has been a disaster.

Cool, well I guess it depends on what your field of work/were you live/political party. My family are all republicans, which might explain why we did better after he took office. My mom and dad both are against unions because when my dad was laid off his union screwed him over. Well I am glade you at least thought back and thank you. I will also not question your schooling or age, because I always give the benefit of the doubt. Like I said I am young don't under stand this stuff as well as you do, especially since you go to school for it. I just have been observing and state my analysis. However Next year I will be legally an adult and will vote in 2008 and from what learned in 2004 I will keep my mind very open before making my decision.

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Well it's not the end of the world as in doom. This is how it's the end of the "world:

California becomes a Island (not a bad thing especially since it can join hawaii)
Forget cash we're going to concentrate on space travel and colonizing Mars and I want to help. (Earth is getting more polluted and unfit for living these days and if we are not cancer WE are the only ones that can cause our own death. If the right people get in the white house we will be having that dream of commercialized space travel, colonizing other planets, with the help of ALL OF US TOGETHER. We will only die if we WANT to. So what's the use of having the two parties compared. Saying democrat is better than republican or etc. is like saying "we humans are smarter than cats" when the two should get along. The libertarians the librarieans, the republicans&democrats. We're going to make political parties, make countries, and *GRAVITY* a thing of the past.

I would give up every single bit of oil in the world for the cause of having space travel and colonizing other planets. Those quakes and tsuami's were our warnings. We can PREVENT them.

I knew it It's 2005 and everyone will wake up to the REAL reality not the one full of politics, pharmaceuticals, etc.

We as citizens on earth refuse to fight someone over things that have no benefit for anyone.

Thx..GLoBe-TeK

posted on Jan, 6 2005 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by OC80
Well it's not the end of the world as in doom. This is how it's the end of the "world:

California becomes a Island (not a bad thing especially since it can join hawaii)
Forget cash we're going to concentrate on space travel and colonizing Mars and I want to help. (Earth is getting more polluted and unfit for living these days and if we are not cancer WE are the only ones that can cause our own death. If the right people get in the white house we will be having that dream of commercialized space travel, colonizing other planets, with the help of ALL OF US TOGETHER. We will only die if we WANT to. So what's the use of having the two parties compared. Saying democrat is better than republican or etc. is like saying "we humans are smarter than cats" when the two should get along. The libertarians the librarieans, the republicans&democrats. We're going to make political parties, make countries, and *GRAVITY* a thing of the past.

I would give up every single bit of oil in the world for the cause of having space travel and colonizing other planets. Those quakes and tsuami's were our warnings. We can PREVENT them.

I knew it It's 2005 and everyone will wake up to the REAL reality not the one full of politics, pharmaceuticals, etc.

We as citizens on earth refuse to fight someone over things that have no benefit for anyone.

Thx..GLoBe-TeK

This is laughable thats all I will say.

new topics

top topics

join