It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hawker Hunter crashes at airshow; multiple dead reported

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
To all the posters blaming this pilot:

An aircraft is basically a controlled projectile. If you lose control, it becomes an uncontrolled projectile, and no amount of skill will save you from it. At the point of the crash he was not in control of the aircraft. And in addition, when something like this happens you have seconds at best to react in the best of circumstances. I am sure he did the best he could in the short time he had.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I am betting its a loss of power, he seemed to have control of the plane but he didn't have enough thrust to pull back out.
edit on 23-8-2015 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Did you see what he did at the last second.....roll left then quickly right......trying to get elevator authority.....for he had none for 10 seconds
good man.....

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Aleister

The rules in place for airshows do a good job of protecting spectators. The number of accidents that injure or kill spectators is so low in recent years that you're safer at the show than walking to the store or down the stairs.

I don't go to those shows anymore because of those rules however.

Nothing more excellent than standing 50 feet from a harrier hovering 10 feet off the ground.

Or having a tomcat take off with afterburners from the same distance....and having F4 Phantoms rip my head off flying 50 feet over my head.

Or the blackbird cruising right at me and knocking people out of there seats with so much sound it blew the mind.

The shockwaves from it turning while 200 feet over my head blistered forever into my soul.

No, the days of real airshows are long gone.

R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

someone was qouted on the bbc saying there was fire spotted by the airframe ?, didnt see it on the video, maybe ingested something, that stalled the engines, or something went in the engine killing power momentarily, looked like he almost recovered at the end but just didnt have the height

wee mad

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DogMeat

civilian jets dont get to keep the ejector system, so he wouldnt have been able to punch out, i doubt he would have been in the right envelope if he did have the old martin baker 10 seat anyways

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: weemadmental

I don't know UK rules, but in the US they're allowed to.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

BBC news reported that there is still unburnt fuel in the plane and fire brigade /police are worried that if the ejector seat wasn't activated that it might accidentally set off and ignite the fuel when they move it from the site tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Essentially, I believe the CAA haven't really come out with any firm regulation regarding the fitting (and to some extent, more importantly, the maintenance and certification) of bang seats. It seems to be generally accepted that in Hunters, they are a 'good idea' but not mandatory. For lower performance aircraft, such as the JP, there seems to be a move towards mandatory removal of the seats, on the basis that use / maintenance of them by improperly trained personnel could reduce rather than increase personal safety. However, reading between the lines, there appears to be a degree of 'fence sitting' as a firm decision either way leads someone in the CAA liable to answer a lot of awkward questions if a positive policy is established and someone comes to grief as a result.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Welcome to the FAA. "We don't make rules until people die."

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Respects to the deceased and thoughts to their loved ones.

This may well be yet another case of EMP of celestial origin. I have expected to see these incidents increase exponentially and they are.

Emergency landings are common place and occurring in the predicted positions/locations. This incident was at 1.20pm local time I believe? This also may be a tell tale indicator that this was indeed EMP.

Please check this thread out for all the details into this phenomena, the data and evidence is undeniable:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: EndOfDays77

I'm still waiting for you to predict one of these magic EMP bursts.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

a reply to: EndOfDays77

I'm still waiting for you to predict one of these magic EMP bursts.

You linked to the wrong thread, it appears your saying this accident was caused by.....Planet X!

Oops quoted wrong post, one above that one

edit on 23-8-2015 by kamatty because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: kamatty

That's because there are no accidents. All plane crashes are apparently an EMP burst from Planet X that only affects that one plane. That's the claim every time there's an accident.
edit on 8/23/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   

yesterday i said i was sure i saw something wrong on the right hand horizontal stabilizer (although i didnt know that was its correct name then) on the video that was first shown A picture has come up off the plane seconds before impact it shows the wing flaps up and i cant see the right hand stabilizer as i would have expected too ,enlarge the second photograph in the link www.itv.com... and an air disturbance can be faintly seen on the picture around the area of the rear right hand horizontal stabilizer I dont mean the jet exhaust haze i think its more a translucent white I really do think something broke away on the right hand rear horizontal stabilizer saddly

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: astra001uk

I'm not doubting you atall and I would like to thank you though for coming back and trying to show me what you see, I just cant see it (although im not to sure what im looking for for), have you seen the new video on the bbc news website filmed from the a37, the airplane is in view for most of the loop and it crashes meters away from the cameraman. are you able to see anything clearer on that video? (as i said above im not really sure what im looking for)

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   
These are the best pictures I've seen so far, but you can't see the right elevator in any of them.

www.mirror.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:32 PM
link   

That's because there are no accidents. All plane crashes are apparently an EMP burst from Planet X that only affects that one plane. That's the claim every time there's an accident.

I had a quick look at that thread, its just silly, not even slightly entertaining as quite a few of the far out theorys and conspiracys on this site are. it definetly dosen't belong anywhere near this thread thats for sure.

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Thanks I will have a look on the bbc now, thanks i may well be wrong about my "seeing something" i wish i knew how to put a red marker on the photo i will learn one day
off to find that bbc video now

posted on Aug, 23 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   

These are the best pictures I've seen so far, but you can't see the right elevator in any of them.

www.mirror.co.uk...

do you mean the gallery at the bottom with about 80 or so photos? i can see a few photos on there with the right wing in clear veiw, number 78 is clear, also astra001uk the 2nd photo you wanted to show me is in the gallery in a higher resolution

new topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join